10 units (1 Viewer)

eddy11

HSC
i know this thread has probably come up before, but i'd like some advice based on previous experience whether sitting on 10 units harmed your uai because of a poor score in one subject counting without a back up subject, or if the extra time avaiable to spend on other subjects is good enough compensation.

im very seriously considering dropping PE and currently do - 3 unit maths, chem, bio, 1 unit SOR, eng adv and PE

cheers.

HSC
It's entirely up to you, it varies person to person. The extra time is valuable if you are willing to use it productively.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I'm doing ten units now, i'm telling you it's pretty fucking great.

accolade

HSC
10 units = you get more time to study other subjects but u have no backup. so ur bordering on the edge.
personally i did 11units which was enough time for me, dopped ext math and maximised on 2 u maths.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
10 units seriously fucking own, especially when you're going great in all of them.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
im doing 12.
and its hard, but i feel safer with a backup.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Black Hawker said:
I'm doing 12 at the moment, but most likely dropping down to 11 units. So I'm sorta in between.
dropping ex2 maths?

Prosper

HSC
i'm going to be doin 8 units this year once i drop physics

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i have units woes as well.

i'm currently doing 13 units, and people keep telling me its way too much and that i'm better off dropping a subject and having 11 units.

i know people who have done 13 units and have aced their hsc.

im confused with all these differing perspectives, i dunno if free periods are gonna help me greatly or whether i'd just end up wasting them. . . i'm coping fine now but i get pretty stressed come exam time.

wat do u guys think?

Artemis.

HSC
I do 11 units and it's awesome, and I'm sure you'd be fine with 10 if you worked hard in all your subjects. I dropped EE1 cos I knew it wasn't going to count anyway, if you don't think PE will count and want to do 10 units, go for it.

mr.xx

HSC
N/A
I did 10 units. It's okay not to have a back up as long as your 10 units are not inclusive of a really time consuming and difficult subject like 4th unit maths or english, cos that's risky, and that you dont see yourself bombing out in a subject cos you struggle with it.

Last edited:

nC4

HSC
Prosper said:
i'm going to be doin 8 units this year once i drop physics
Don't you need a minumum of ten?? Im doin' 10 right now, dropped ext history, but im pretty confident in all of my subjects.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
nC4 said:
Don't you need a minumum of ten?? Im doin' 10 right now, dropped ext history, but im pretty confident in all of my subjects.
they might have already completed two or more units in previous years.

nottellingu

HSC
I dropped down to 10 units this term (dropped legal) and posted a thread in the maths forum so i know how you feel. If you are confident in your subjects and you know that you can maximise your marks with the extra time you'll have then go for it. If your bombing out in 3u maths with lyk 60% or something then dont drop to 10 units. Also going from 12 to 10 units gives u HEAPS of time. Not only do you not have to do the 2 units of hw/studying, you also get free periods and on top of that you can devote the time you were spending on ur other subject on ur other weak areas. At the end its a personal decision and one that you have to evaluate by yourself. Btw i get to go home at 10 30 am on wednesdays !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)