13 years of our lives leading up to this moment.. (1 Viewer)

doberman

HSC
Must be standard English. We can't let those types sit for too long! *lol*

throwaway

Banned
in the hsc exam hall doing a massive dump on my MX
HSC
I've been thinking about what the HSC means to me. Some of you have high hopes like 99+ while others of you just want to get in your course like me. No matter what ATAR you're aiming for, we're all still reaching for a common goal right? To finish high school once and for all and to get the ATAR that we want.

Now, some of you might be stressing out or running out of motivation like myself, but the HSC is just around the corner. Think about your entire schooling life. When you first started school in Kindy, did you realise that for a whole 13 years you'd be at school? I always considered the routine of going to school as normal, part of everyday life. Throughout primary school I always thought to myself, "Wow that Year 12 guy's so lucky! He gets to finish school, I can't imagine myself in that situation." Well here we are. We're never going to have a normal school timetable ever again, and we only have a bit more than a month until we're completely free. I can't believe we're finally here.

With less than 3 weeks to go until the HSC, we should be studying our asses off. Remember the selective test in Year 6? I remember thinking that it was the most important test in my life. Well if the selective test was only a test deciding which high school we get into, how much more important is the HSC? I remember when I mucked around and didn't study at all for the selective test, and immediately regretted it afterwards. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to let myself do the same for my HSC. Maybe you don't understand because you were one of those people that studied hard for the selective test and ended up going to a nice, high ranked school. Well you better be studying much harder for the HSC considering it's so much more important than the selective test. You people are lucky because you know you'll do well if you study hard.

I don't know where I'm going with this 'rant'. I suppose I finally realised that the past 13 years were all leading up to this moment. When I entered high school, I knew it was a completely different ballgame to primary school. I knew I would have to put in the hard yards and finally buckle down and study. But I never did. I kept procrastinating and playing around, and now here I am 6 years later, so close to the HSC and still playing around. And now I look back and I regret wasting those past 13 years. Maybe if I did some more study, I would feel more confident. I should have balanced my play time with my work time. But it's too late to start regretting. There's less than 3 weeks left, all I can do is study my ass off and maximise my ATAR. No point looking back and kicking myself for what I should have done. Instead I'll look forward and see what I can still do.

Well, I may not be aiming for a high ATAR but I know that if I don't get it I'll regret everything I've done for the past 13 years. Everyone on bos is aiming for a certain goal and whether it's high or low, we should all try our best and study hard because this is our last ever set of high school exams. Screw the people that say the HSC doesn't matter. With less than 3 weeks to go, I think it's the most important event in our lives right now. I mean I know I'd regret it if I partied and didn't study before the HSC, why not just study for a few weeks and party hard later? So regardless of whether you want a scholarship or you're just trying to get into UWS, let's all try our hardest for the next few weeks so that we that we don't look back and we don't have any regrets.

Good luck to all of you and study hard! If none of this made any sense to you, I don't blame you :)
open your eyes

Miz Janani

HSC
This is the most beautiful thread I've ever read, thank you :cry:

and good luck to each and every one of the BoS members for the HSC!

This. Although (thank god) I actually didn't cry. :eek:

Good luck yr12. ALL THE BEST!

It will my turn next year =(
I saw the avatar, and im like what..? Since when did i write in thise thread. Then i realised it wasnt me :eek:

Must be standard English. We can't let those types sit for too long! *lol*

Erm.. I do standard english (used to do advanced) and the papers are the same length as advanced. Did you know "those types" actually do the same belonging paper as advanced?!

And if you look at the hsc timetable, you'll notice that although the exam papers may be different, the allocated time is the same.

Anyways..

As the OP said:

Good luck, may you all get of bos and stop procrastinating :p
(Im having difficulty doing that myself :()

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Excellent post, Andrew! You have captured my sentiments exactly ^^

I wish you lots of luck studying, especially for modern history. For me it's easily the only non-maths subject that i look forward to studying because it's so interesting - just use HTA and you'll be fine :)

To everyone: We're on the homestretch so just keep on studying and you'll get there in the end :D

q3thefish

HSC
Aiight fellas I'm going to ban my use of most electronics and quite literally study my ass off.

Good luck everyone and best wishes from me.

Arg many of you guys are gonna own me anyways T_T

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
what about the 2 hour exam? =P
and don't forget the 1.5hr studies of religion 1u exam :)

anyways, that was really inspirational Andrew, and I wish you and everyone else the best of luck! =^-^=

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I've been thinking about what the HSC means to me. Some of you have high hopes like 99+ while others of you just want to get in your course like me. No matter what ATAR you're aiming for, we're all still reaching for a common goal right? To finish high school once and for all and to get the ATAR that we want.

Now, some of you might be stressing out or running out of motivation like myself, but the HSC is just around the corner. Think about your entire schooling life. When you first started school in Kindy, did you realise that for a whole 13 years you'd be at school? I always considered the routine of going to school as normal, part of everyday life. Throughout primary school I always thought to myself, "Wow that Year 12 guy's so lucky! He gets to finish school, I can't imagine myself in that situation." Well here we are. We're never going to have a normal school timetable ever again, and we only have a bit more than a month until we're completely free. I can't believe we're finally here.

With less than 3 weeks to go until the HSC, we should be studying our asses off. Remember the selective test in Year 6? I remember thinking that it was the most important test in my life. Well if the selective test was only a test deciding which high school we get into, how much more important is the HSC? I remember when I mucked around and didn't study at all for the selective test, and immediately regretted it afterwards. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to let myself do the same for my HSC. Maybe you don't understand because you were one of those people that studied hard for the selective test and ended up going to a nice, high ranked school. Well you better be studying much harder for the HSC considering it's so much more important than the selective test. You people are lucky because you know you'll do well if you study hard.

I don't know where I'm going with this 'rant'. I suppose I finally realised that the past 13 years were all leading up to this moment. When I entered high school, I knew it was a completely different ballgame to primary school. I knew I would have to put in the hard yards and finally buckle down and study. But I never did. I kept procrastinating and playing around, and now here I am 6 years later, so close to the HSC and still playing around. And now I look back and I regret wasting those past 13 years. Maybe if I did some more study, I would feel more confident. I should have balanced my play time with my work time. But it's too late to start regretting. There's less than 3 weeks left, all I can do is study my ass off and maximise my ATAR. No point looking back and kicking myself for what I should have done. Instead I'll look forward and see what I can still do.

Well, I may not be aiming for a high ATAR but I know that if I don't get it I'll regret everything I've done for the past 13 years. Everyone on bos is aiming for a certain goal and whether it's high or low, we should all try our best and study hard because this is our last ever set of high school exams. Screw the people that say the HSC doesn't matter. With less than 3 weeks to go, I think it's the most important event in our lives right now. I mean I know I'd regret it if I partied and didn't study before the HSC, why not just study for a few weeks and party hard later? So regardless of whether you want a scholarship or you're just trying to get into UWS, let's all try our hardest for the next few weeks so that we that we don't look back and we don't have any regrets.

Good luck to all of you and study hard! If none of this made any sense to you, I don't blame you :)

So inspirational Andrew :)

Only thing I don't agree with is the selective schools bit, but that's not important. :p

MrDimple

HSC
ok good luck guys, i hope everyone sitting the HSC 09 paper does well
and gives in 110% and that you all achieve what you have aimed, study well! and don't burn out !
goodluck!

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Thanks so much for starting this thread. Lately, I've been regretting not studying enough this year, but I realise now that there's no point in agonising over this. The only thing I can do now is to study hard to make up for all the time I've wasted, and put these school holidays to good use.

Starting tomorrow, I'm strictly banning myself from anything which will distract me from achieving my goal- Facebook, BoS, etc.

Good luck, '09ers. We can do this!

ixswans

HSC
I thought as I sat down yesterday to put in the first full day of good, honest study for the first time in my life that I should have done it sooner.

But whatever, too late now anyway. High School shouldn't be the highlight of a persons life, it should be the ramp that gets you there.

That was a very eloquent and fitting rant :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Wow I'm glad my rant made such an impact :)
Reading all the comments only served to motivate me more. Thanks everyone and good luck!

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Yes, these exams are, if you think about it, the single most important event in ones lifetime. Think about it, what other event could have such a profound effect on ones life outcome than what score one gets.

jenga218

HSC
I think I will have to bookmark this thread to keep me going next year.

Great rant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)