2005 IPT Trial Paper Discussion (1 Viewer)

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
It was alright, couldve been alot worse. I screwed up the Communication systems part and abit of the multimedia section, while one of the multiple choice i haven't even read about but other then that not bad, trials have been talked up as harder than the hsc but its pretty straightforward(so far).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
BabyGirl69er said:
everyone did the cssa IPT trial 2day, so as goan_crazy said no1 is really going to be "advantaged", so why shouldnt we be free to discuss?
because if you read the previous topics there is a security warning marked with the CSSA trials.

apparantly some school leaked information about the english advanced paper to nsb and normanhurst and their exams were cancelled 20 mins in.

i don't think any of us want to do the exams again- i'm sure if your school found out that there could have been a leak of information about the exam before it is released- they would cancel it>

am i right, but this is the only year (maybe in a couple of years) that this has happened...? hsc threads from last year haven't had this problem...

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
ok
you can quit dithering
go for it

you all say its easy
who remembered to put StudentId, ClassID, SubjectId in their normalisation ?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Lwaxana said:
ok
you can quit dithering
go for it

you all say its easy
who remembered to put StudentId, ClassID, SubjectId in their normalisation ?
I didnt. I did what they said and used family, student and class and did it as a schematic diagram showing relationships by arrows.

Lwaxana... for the gantt chart question, how many weeks was it to make it "minimum". I did 10 weeks but was not sure because I overlapped some tasks.
This is q21 c im talking about.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
I havent seen the exam

I have just seen my son in shock

I know about dithering and the normalisation cause they are just a few of the things he remembered, and the storage of bit maps and vector graphics

and he didnt answer any of those 3 well by my standards

so ok if it was family, student and class I am thinking yr tables would each have had to have had a form of Id number to allow them to be linked

in Gantt charts many tasks should overlap but no idea on the minimum unless you can remember the wording of the question

who did a good definition of dithering ??

goan_crazy

HSC
Lwaxana said:
I havent seen the exam

I have just seen my son in shock

I know about dithering and the normalisation cause they are just a few of the things he remembered, and the storage of bit maps and vector graphics

and he didnt answer any of those 3 well by my standards

so ok if it was family, student and class I am thinking yr tables would each have had to have had a form of Id number to allow them to be linked

in Gantt charts many tasks should overlap but no idea on the minimum unless you can remember the wording of the question

who did a good definition of dithering ??
Well that question about normalisation said you could use those as the entities which i used so i did.
dithering...as ive said that question was amended in my paper to jpeg, tiff and quicktime. what is TIFF though! i didn't get that :( I made up my defns for quicktime and jpeg though. The rest of the paper was normal though. Had all the same multimedia questions.

People in my class did not even attempt multimedia section at all. See I told you we hadn't learnt it.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Hell maddd!!!

i put student iD and class ID, and wasnt sure if i was right, or if u were meant to make it up

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Lwaxana said:

and kimmeh
this is hardly the appropriate place for me to discuss the pedagoglcal reasoning behind why so many teachers decide to use pre-set papers - may I suggest you take it up with the english/science teachers at your own school
Its a discussion about HSC related topics, in which this forums' purpose exists, i would think it is appropriate. I dont know how justification constitutes as "unappropriate". I have discussed it with them and now theyre implementing writing their own papers this year

frangipani13

HSC
i found the trial kinda hard...didnt know some stuff so made it up.
but my teacher wrote the ams section, and he found one of the q's in multimedia section isnt in the ipt syllabus (but it is in the sdd one)....unless its some really obscure dot point. so he has written to the cssa ppl or whoever to get it all cleared up i really hope they cancel the question or something, cos then at least my mark will go up.

anyways...good luck in ur trials i thought u might find this interesting for those that do multimedia.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
im guessing the outsourcing question, like thats fkin business studies i thought

goan_crazy

HSC
Kabeio said:
im guessing the outsourcing question, like thats fkin business studies i thought
the outsourcing question... i saw that and thought of business studies :rolleyes:

HSC
Kabeio said:
[START VENT]

DAMMIT!!!!!!

we never finished learning multimedia, and thus never learned outsourcing!!!!! i walk out of the exam saying "oh, what the hell was outsourcing?" and all the other people who do business studies friggin shovel all this stuff i've never heard of.....was it a 2/3 mark question??

I CAN"T EVEN FIND IT IN MY HEINEMANN TEXTBOOK! (page no. please if it is in fact there)

[/END VENT]

goan_crazy

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
[START VENT]

DAMMIT!!!!!!

we never finished learning multimedia, and thus never learned outsourcing!!!!! i walk out of the exam saying "oh, what the hell was outsourcing?" and all the other people who do business studies friggin shovel all this stuff i've never heard of.....was it a 2/3 mark question??

I CAN"T EVEN FIND IT IN MY HEINEMANN TEXTBOOK! (page no. please if it is in fact there)

[/END VENT]
buddy we didnt learn multimedia AT ALL..I had to make it all up!

HSC
why is everyone relating outsourcing to multimedia?

Its hiring a software developer to create a specific program because no one has the skills to do it in-house.

mun_

HSC
haha we learnt outsourcing in sdd not ipt

there was no outsourcing question in my trial, we had all these questions regarding an information kiosk.

goan_crazy

HSC
DigitalFortress said:
why is everyone relating outsourcing to multimedia?

Its hiring a software developer to create a specific program because no one has the skills to do it in-house.
damn then I got that wrong
i used my business definition

and it wasnt in multimedia guys...
it was in qns 21-24 somewhere

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
The outsourcing question was easy.. I do to subjects(sdd and business) so i say bring on more outsourcing questions

steelite

HSC
goan_crazy said:
data flow diagram or schematic diagram?

i had to draw a gantt chart in mine
data dictionary
schematic diagram
and a story board
:(
stupid drawings!
Same, out of interest, was your gantt chart about introducing mobile phone blocking?

goan_crazy

HSC
steelite said:
Same, out of interest, was your gantt chart about introducing mobile phone blocking?
yeah it was
so how many weeks did u have on ur gantt chart peoples?
I did 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)