2007 Mtp Forum (2 Viewers)

HSC
~kiki said:
Actually, it didn't look as good as it sounds :p... It was pretty simple. Your pages sound great! :) In answer to your question, the moths were all the same size. In fact, on the left hand pages they were all placed in the same position and on the right they were in a random position, so it looked like it had sort of flown onto the other page :p.

I didn't post what I made, but basically I made an abstract tree trunk :p (sounds really bad) The backing was created using 3 variations of grey merino wool rops mixed with silk fibres and I molded the bottom to form rustic tassles. I then added strips of different organza in silvers and greys which I attached using wavering lines of machine embroidery. There was also a nuno-felted tree-knot that ran the entire length of the piece and a series of little knots created in silk paper. I added lines of glass beading and silk ribbon embroidery and finished it off with chunky felted tabs and a white moth which looks like the one in the picture. I created it using a technique called bagging and made a little body out of faux fur. The backing was hand sewn on so the raw edges of the felt were left exposed, and the fabric layers were left to frey/ hang down over the edge of the felt. Overall the shape was pretty streamlined. It wasn't supposed to look realistic, the focus was more on the texture of the bark etc.

Well-- our teacher told us it was better to use our inspiration page as a title page, but I guess if your teacher said it was ok, then thats fine :)
OMG! That sounds fantastic! I don't know where to start! I haven't even heard of any of those techniques! So, it was a tree trunk? Like, a Textile Art? Sculpture? Sounds so fantastic!

Mmm... I hope it will be fine to do the title page. I know that when I was looking through folios, i liked the ones with the TP more because it looked like a heading, sort of introducing the work, and the ones without them felt incomplete.

katherineham

HSC
went through the marking guidlines b4 i did my folio...said 1 title page at the beginning was ok...just not ones 4 every section!!!!!!

cant wait till we get our stuff back!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
I really want my stuff back as well
D.W about the Title page.... my teach said that it was better to include one for presentaion, but either way the marker isnt fussed :)

hey just a question: How are you guys all studying for TD?
all you rading over and over notes etc... or...
do you think reading over notes is a good idea???

HSC
Mmm... I want my stuff back too! But, soon enough we'll get them. Like, it'll come as a surprise anyway. I hope!

Uhh, study. I think reading is a good idea. I think practicing responses too. Just a lot of knowing your stuff really, so it doesn't come out like you're bullshitting in your responses. The multiple choice practice on the HSC BOS website is good. We did them in class in groups so we discussed a lot of why the answers were right too. Here's the link.
http://www4.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/specTest.cfm?courseID=15390
Otherwise, know your shit, especially with the innovations part. I forget what it's called.

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
OMG! That sounds fantastic! I don't know where to start! I haven't even heard of any of those techniques! So, it was a tree trunk? Like, a Textile Art? Sculpture? Sounds so fantastic!

Mmm... I hope it will be fine to do the title page. I know that when I was looking through folios, i liked the ones with the TP more because it looked like a heading, sort of introducing the work, and the ones without them felt incomplete.
Aww, thank you :) (although you haven't seen it yet :p) It was textile art and it wasn't sculptural (despise textiles sculptures. :p) I must say, I really admire people who have the stamina to do apparal or costume :)-- sooo much more work then a wallhangings. With clothing you can't just stop at anypoint and say "I'm finished"... but with textile art you can :p

I looked up the 2006 textiles markers notes- they said that title pages do affect page count :(... but hopefully, seeing as alot of people seem to make the mistake they won't penalise.

HSC
~kiki said:
Aww, thank you :) (although you haven't seen it yet :p) It was textile art and it wasn't sculptural (despise textiles sculptures. :p) I must say, I really admire people who have the stamina to do apparal or costume :)-- sooo much more work then a wallhangings. With clothing you can't just stop at anypoint and say "I'm finished"... but with textile art you can :p

I looked up the 2006 textiles markers notes- they said that title pages do affect page count :(... but hopefully, seeing as alot of people seem to make the mistake they won't penalise.
Oh, so you did a wall hanging? Your's sounds really creative!
I definately agree with the clothing point. It never seems to be done.

I was looking at other markers notes too, and I read somewhere that putting photos in affects the page count, but how could a title page affect the page count? It doesn't really have anything on it; just like an introduction to the theme. Oh, I'm so worried now! Because you're like saying I hope you didn't put one in and others are saying you can, and then you have some BOS sites that say 'No' and some that say 'Yes'. Too confusing.

katherineham

HSC
i think its ok 2 do 1 at the start...just not a title page 4 every section...thats wat they didnt want ppl doin

HSC
Aw Man, i just to get my marks back, thats all
apparently it possibel to get a bacnd 6 :)

HSC
katherineham said:
i think its ok 2 do 1 at the start...just not a title page 4 every section...thats wat they didnt want ppl doin
Mmm... I did one just at the start. But answer this, what's wrong with doing one for every section? Like, it'n not like it really matters if it doesn't have any information on it!
They're really tight with the page limits. Everyone had such a hard time fitting it all in; some even had to make their font so small! I kept all my font the same size. What about everyone else?
I just know I could of put much more relevant stuff in, but couldn't due to page limits?
Also, did anyone use A4 folders? Do you think A3s are better? I personally think you can fit more in with an A3.

Oh, not long to go until we get them back! Any chance ours are marked yet? Oh, and does anyone know where they're marked?

Oh, love.is.around, wha do you mean? You think it's possible you're getting a Band 6? I wonder what the cut off is!

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
Oh, not long to go until we get them back! Any chance ours are marked yet? Oh, and does anyone know where they're marked?
I heard that they finished marking them on the last week at term and were repacking them already. :)... I wish we coul actually GET the mark for them. Don't care much to have mine back :p

Quote from the marking centre notes 2006:

"Supporting documentation must adhere strictly to the page limits as specified in the syllabus and be presented as either the standard size A3 or A4 as stipulated in the syllabus. Scrapbook size pages are inappropriate. Title pages, content pages, photo pages, items evaluation, bibliographies are not required and impact on the page limit. "

I would suggest that you inform your teacher-- for next years students. I shouldn't think it would impact too much though :).

I also had huge trouble formating my pages!! D=. I particularly disliked how they allocated a particular amount of pages for each section. Some sections were really easy to format whilst others were such a pain!! -- the visual design development section in particular. I guess it would have been even harder for costume or apparal.

HSC
OMG! No way! Marked! Why can't we have the marks?

Arghh! Freak out! Title pages? Whaaa? I'm speechless! Look, she said it wasn't a problem and encouraged it. She's also marked the MTPs before, so I don't understand it!
Do you have the link from where it came from?
I hope it doesn't impact. I know the girl who recently got into Texstyles had a title page, so, it shouldn't impact any marks.

Mmm... the formatting! Oh, I liked that they allocated the pag amounts because t gave you an iea of how much you were to do, but I don't think it was enough. I was literally squeezing things in everywhere. Luckily I started off with a small font.
Oh, anyone hand write theirs?

I didn't mind the VDD secton. I had room to spare, but, then again, my images were small. How many designs did you do? I had 3 small one and 1 final design. Maybe you had more. If you did, I totally understand why you had problems with it.

Oh! I want them back!

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
OMG! No way! Marked! Why can't we have the marks?

Arghh! Freak out! Title pages? Whaaa? I'm speechless! Look, she said it wasn't a problem and encouraged it. She's also marked the MTPs before, so I don't understand it!
Do you have the link from where it came from?
I hope it doesn't impact. I know the girl who recently got into Texstyles had a title page, so, it shouldn't impact any marks.

Mmm... the formatting! Oh, I liked that they allocated the pag amounts because t gave you an iea of how much you were to do, but I don't think it was enough. I was literally squeezing things in everywhere. Luckily I started off with a small font.
Oh, anyone hand write theirs?

I didn't mind the VDD secton. I had room to spare, but, then again, my images were small. How many designs did you do? I had 3 small one and 1 final design. Maybe you had more. If you did, I totally understand why you had problems with it.

Oh! I want them back!
I'm not sure really :(... Its sort of a bummer cause everyone works so hard on them and then all you get is your texstile total-- so you never no whether you did better in the prac then the exam

I don't have the link, although I typed "texstile markers notes 2006" into googe :). It was from the board of studies website.

I think I used some obscure font-- can't remember what it was called. If I remeber correctly I kept it the same for all sections. Size 10 I think. Anyone who hand wrote it would have to be crazy! Unless their handwriting was really really small. I only had 3 small ones and one big one like you-- but, the problem came at about 10pm when I went to stick down my thumbnails. I had intended to cut really close to the edge of the image and then use silver pen to add in the labels (I had a black background).. However, my silver pen had run out so I ended up having to leave a white square around them. It was ok in the end, but I had to fiddle with the shape of my PMI's. Honestly, I despised the whole textiles folio thing. Its all so contrived.

HSC
rubificticious said:
Mmm... I did one just at the start. But answer this, what's wrong with doing one for every section? Like, it'n not like it really matters if it doesn't have any information on it!
They're really tight with the page limits. Everyone had such a hard time fitting it all in; some even had to make their font so small! I kept all my font the same size. What about everyone else?
I just know I could of put much more relevant stuff in, but couldn't due to page limits?
Also, did anyone use A4 folders? Do you think A3s are better? I personally think you can fit more in with an A3.

Oh, love.is.around, wha do you mean? You think it's possible you're getting a Band 6? I wonder what the cut off is!
Yeah, last year there was like 23% of students getting a band 6 out of the 2000 and something that do textiles and design
but this all depends on how you do in your exam
so study hard!~

HSC
Yeah we dont get any marks back.... DOESNT THAT SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah girls make sure you study for the exam, cuz its worth just as much as the major porject

HSC
Mmm... the total. I heard that apparently our teacher can tell us wheter we did better in the MTP or exam somewhere.

Ah, thank heavens for Google. I love it.

I used Century Gothic font or something like that. It wasn't really fancy or anthing. I used an obscure font for my titles though! Size 10 for me too. There was one girl in our school who hand wrote the whole thing last year. I couldn't believe it. Her writing was quite large and messy too, so I don't know what she was thinking. It made my eyes hurt to read it.
PMI? Confusion. And how so contrived? The whole we have to do it concept? LOL.
I didn't like it either.

Ahh, 23%, that's really good!

Mmm, the exam. Should be alright.

HSC
I dunno... last years exam was really easy... s0 who knows
but the multile chooice is like WTF!!
they are really hard!!!

HSC
love.is.around said:
I dunno... last years exam was really easy... s0 who knows
but the multile chooice is like WTF!!
they are really hard!!!
I think all the Textiles exams are pretty good. Some of the MC are definately WTF.

katherineham

HSC
wouldnt stress 2 much bout the title page...think i was in the frequently asked questions on the BOS site...said u could have 1 title pg at the start....

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
Mmm... the total. I heard that apparently our teacher can tell us wheter we did better in the MTP or exam somewhere.

Ah, thank heavens for Google. I love it.

I used Century Gothic font or something like that. It wasn't really fancy or anthing. I used an obscure font for my titles though! Size 10 for me too. There was one girl in our school who hand wrote the whole thing last year. I couldn't believe it. Her writing was quite large and messy too, so I don't know what she was thinking. It made my eyes hurt to read it.
PMI? Confusion. And how so contrived? The whole we have to do it concept? LOL.
I didn't like it either.

Ahh, 23%, that's really good!

Mmm, the exam. Should be alright.
PMI-- plus, minus, interesting. You know those table things? Its basically like an evaluation of each design. I guess I view it as contrived because not everyone goes through an extensive design process to come up with their idea and not everyone feels the need to document the entire manufacturing process/ do an extensive array of experiments. Some people do it all backwards. Like, they buy the fabrics and then come up with the concept... or they have a vague idea in their head and they just run with it and see where it goes. Of course, it doesn't really restrict what you choose to do or how you do it.. but in the end the folio is pretty much 12 pages of fleshed out bullcrap. Good fleshed out bullcrap at that... but bull crap all the same. I mean, I cam up with the inspiration AFTER I firgured out what I wanted to do. Also, alot of my initial experiments where irrelevant because they were done in the wrong colour etc... so I had to redo them for the folio.. grrr.

HSC
Look, I hope so about the TP. Many works at Texstyle had TPs too, so it can't effect the page limit.
Am I the only one to do a TP?

Ahh, like pros and cons?

I definatley agree with you hate of the folio. I guess its just there to assess our theory skills. All to please.
Well, I honestly can't see anyone thinking about all the sections of the folio, and then creating an idea out of what they came up with. I think your idea should make up the folio, not the folio make up your idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)