2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

Muz4PM

HSC
Michael Ennis played another excellent game for the Broncos this evening, he really should play rep this year. He is from NSW, so he should get a position in City/Country as one would think Buderus and Gidley have the NSW Hooker/Interchange locked up. However, if an injury befell either Buderus or Gidley I think Ennis should be the Number 1 replacement.

Souths, I think they will win this year. They played good in patches against the Broncos, but did too many stupid things which the Broncos capitalised on.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Of course souths will win a game. What a ridicullous suggestion. This isnt under 14's park footy, they are professional players.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yet another week gone by for the souths. but still, i am adament that they will win a game, even if it means i have to come out of my retirement and play for the suckers.

roosters on a row. ever since minichello got injured they haven't look like that team. what went wrong? on paper, roosters definitely should have won both weeks. but the comp is so close nowadays, that any team has a chance to beat any other team on any given day.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Don't know what's happened to Roosters over the last couple of weeks :(
Perrett's playing abysmally at fullback atm, his great form from last year has disappeared.
Our error count is absolutely appalling, worst in the NRL. Freddy better fix this fast, otherwise it's going to continue to cost us games.
I don't think we have the backs the win the comp this year to be honest. The team really needs a strike centre, and a winger who can actually outrun the opposition. I can't remember the last long range try we scored.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Australian teams anyone?
I'd go with:

Slater
Folau
Gasnier
Hodges
Inglis
Lockyer
Thurston

Myles
Smith
Civoniceva
Mason
Hoffman
Bird

Laffranchi
Crocker
Tupou
Thaiday

ledzeppelin

HSC
Australian team:

01. Slater
02. Inglis
03. Gasnier
04. Hodges
05. Folau

06. Lockyer (c.)
07. Thurston

08. Kite
09. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Hoffman
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Webb
15. Tupou
16. Mason
17. Gidley

WTF at Webb and Kite

ledzeppelin

HSC
City team:

01. Hodgson
02. Hayne
03. Pomeroy
04. Delaney
05. Rooney

06. Anasta
07. Pearce

08. King
09. Hughes
10. O'Meley
11. Lewis
12. Minichiello
13. Sutton

14. Gibbs
15. Cashmere
16. Mateo
17. Wallace

ledzeppelin

HSC
Country team:

01. Stewart
02. Monaghan
03. Lyon
04. Cooper
05. Quinn

06. Carney
07. Finch

08. White
09. Buderus
10. Laffranchi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Fitzgibbon

14. Cross
15. Heighington
16. Kearney
17. Stewart (Glenn)

Trajan

HSC
The Bulldogs want Thurston back in 2010.

I guess they should have let him play first grade regularly when they had the chance.

Bulldogs are going to hell this year....the biggest line-up of no-names in the NRL atm.

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Don't know what's happened to Roosters over the last couple of weeks :(
Perrett's playing abysmally at fullback atm, his great form from last year has disappeared.
Our error count is absolutely appalling, worst in the NRL. Freddy better fix this fast, otherwise it's going to continue to cost us games.
I don't think we have the backs the win the comp this year to be honest. The team really needs a strike centre, and a winger who can actually outrun the opposition. I can't remember the last long range try we scored.
Wouldn't that be Pearce's last minute try against the Panthers last year? Oh actually, and I think Monaghan might've scored a long range try in the dying minutes of the game against Rabbitohs last year as well.

I'd like to see Shaun Foley have a go at Fullback... although I think he's injured atm.

And I'm not happy with the club extending Perrett's and Kenny-Dowall's contracts, esp. how they've been playing lately.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
what's peopls thoughts of the test squad for australia? i think its pretty reasonable and expected in many cases, one surprise is the dropping of hindmarsh =/

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
the test squad is ok, a couple of surprises. but i think the selectors have picked it more on faith rather than form. it makes sense to an extend, but they need to send the message out to encourage good form and be rewarded.

dogs couldn't let thurston run on because he was too small back then. he only grew physically when he left them. but folkes always recognised thurston's playing ability, that's why he always kept him on the bench. i hope dogs do get him back, because he is the product of folkes' good work.

a side note, you guys need to get the numbers right in your 'squad'. 14 is for an utility, eg gidley, not a forward. really makes you look like a newb.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Only surprise for me was Carl Webb, but Stuart did say his role will be to match up physically with the Kiwis.

ledzeppelin

HSC
wuddie said:
a side note, you guys need to get the numbers right in your 'squad'. 14 is for an utility, eg gidley, not a forward. really makes you look like a newb.
rofl, ultimate irony
numbers 14-17 have no position associated with them

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wuddie said:
my bad, an utility is actually no.17, apologies.

ledzeppelin said:
rofl, ultimate irony
numbers 14-17 have no position associated with them
a vast majority of the time, a team has a reserve utility and he wears the 17 on his back. although there is no fix numbering system, just like you can put a no.10 jumper on a fullback and no one gives a rat's ass, convention is meant to be followed.

Muz4PM

HSC
wuddie said:

a vast majority of the time, a team has a reserve utility and he wears the 17 on his back. although there is no fix numbering system, just like you can put a no.10 jumper on a fullback and no one gives a rat's ass, convention is meant to be followed.
Well, yeah, I mean, if you want to hold up for convention then have your two front row replacements in 14 and 15, your second rower in 16 and your utility in 17. However, I guess the positions are so interchangable these days there is no finite law saying you must have two front rowers, one second rower and a utility on the bench and numbers really don't matter a great deal.

ledzeppelin

HSC
wuddie said:

no
the positions on the field have designated numbers, 1 through 13
the interchange is assigned numbers 14-17, no number is associated with a utility. some teams, if picking a utility, might generally use a certain interchange number, but there is no actual convention

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
no
the positions on the field have designated numbers, 1 through 13
the interchange is assigned numbers 14-17, no number is associated with a utility.
is that your opinion or an actual fact? if the latter, send us some proof. would i be penalised if my fullback wore a no.10 or no.13?

i don't know how you can deny that no.17 is generally reserved for an utility. go look through the weekend's teams and their players list, then come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)