• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
SFS is far better
Members' stand dominates all
only 6 hours to go to watch the game, i'm pissed off Nine aren't showing it live, and the fuckwits at the NRL aren't forcing them to do so, despite it being written in their contract

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
the roosters thought they were going to win it with that fg, and then comes the warriors, far out they are good.

so the sea eagles look set to get into the grand final, or have i spoken too soon?

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yer i wouldnt be surprised if the warriors go right ahead to play the storm in gf..

Does anyone else fucking hate Phil Gould? Man he is so annoying, can someone please tell him that footballers CANNOT see into the future and they CANNOT read minds. Sif Mini passed the ball to the warriors fella on purpose knowing he would knock it on!

Seriously WTF?

He is always having a bitch about "problems in the game". I think he is the biggest problem in the game!

Does anyone else feel this way bout him or is it just me?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
ohh unlucky broncos, but both teams were pretty sloppy (i guess the conditions were pretty terrible too, but it dried up towards the end of the second half).

If the storm play like that next week they won't get much done against the sharks.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
shiiiit that was awesome. is every game like that? i have to start watching more often lol

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i think the individual mentality of the storm players are quite high. when a player makes a mistake, they try and make up for it by stepping up a level. cam smith drop kick went out on the full, he gets the ball back by raking it out of ennis. mg dropped the ball, and he made the tackle so hannant can't score in the subsequent set.

tough loss for the broncos, they only trail by one minute, and that was the last. lockyer just could not believe it. anyway, sharks and storms looking like a good game, look forward to it.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
If only the Broncos completed their last set of six.... If only.....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cracking game, Brisbane just couldn't close it off, I'd say its probably a lack of experience from Sims, and he'll be better for it in the long run.

kaz1 said:
If only the Broncos completed their last set of six.... If only.....
If only Brisbane could've hung onto the ball for the last 20 minutes and put two sets of sixes together, or heck hung on till the last tackle. Wasted opportunities in closing the game, and letting the opposition score a try during the sin bin...it was a tentative second half.

Someone give Billy Slater another beer, he's been responsible two weeks in a row now for saving a certain try, great technique in getting under the ball.

Anonymous1

HSC
Ouch.

What a shame though. Cameron Smith should be charged and miss from 2-5 games.

Given that there game revolves around his dummy half play, I can't see them taking the sharks.

Feel for the broncs, tough loss.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
He was rendered largely ineffective this game, but it did show the Storms' ability to grind out a win, even if it came at the end.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
for those of you who read the weekend papers - why on earth do they credit last night's win to greg inglis? all he did was catch the ball, ran the 8m and dived over, even a kid could have done that. gee the papers know how to make up shit.

stonearse

HSC
FFFFAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDdddd

no0o0o broncos.... why?!?!? WWWWWHHHHYYY?!!?!?!?

i blame ashton sims

that guy should go kill himself

ledzeppelin

HSC
I said it to my mate at the time, and I still can't understand it, why Brisbane didn't take the penalty goal from Cam Smith's dropout on the full near the end of the game.
It chews up the clock, gives them a 4 point lead (and Smith's kicking from out wide has been terrible this season) and they get the ball back.
Brisbane's decision to get rid of Petero and sign Sims and Clinton was pretty terrible, combined they're not even half the player Petero is. They were responsible for at least 4 knock ons last night.
Smith HAS to be suspended for attempting to rip Thaiday's head off, but knowing the NRL, they'll probably let him off.
Go Warriors now!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)