2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
And Korea sunk Truman lower.
Sick of your shit

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
And Korea sunk Truman lower.
Sick of your shit
Truman is also considered one of the 10 best US presidents in history because despite some fuck ups, he did a lot of good for America. You won't find people thinking the same of Bush in 20 or 40 years time, because it was all down hill for him - he did very little for America and a great deal of damage. Also, you're wrong: Bush is the lowest at 19%: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Approval_rating#Lowest_approval_rating

So instead of hurling insults why don't you actually debate the premise - that Bush is a totally shit president.

Because he is, and Americans know it. I didn't just give you his approval rating, I gave you the stat for how many people think he's on the right track - it was 8%. Clearly, very clearly, people do not like Bush or the direction he has taken America.

Which gives an awful lot of credence to the need for change.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Wow, so Bush has had both the highest and lowest approval ratings of any president?
Sounds like the greatest president evor

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Wow, so Bush has had both the highest and lowest approval ratings of any president?
Sounds like the greatest president evor
Except unlike, say, Truman, his approval rating only ever went steadily downhill, and it was only ever high because of a terror attack.

It's because he was never fit to be a president in the first place.

ASNSWR127

HSC
How can somone in Aus still support Bush??

Even most republicans have deserted the man!

He is clearly the stupidest president to have walked the planet!

He will laways hold that special place...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
Except unlike, say, Truman, his approval rating only ever went steadily downhill, and it was only ever high because of a terror attack.

It's because he was never fit to be a president in the first place.
1. Bush ran on change too - shock - and he fuck-ing delivered: Higher standards in presidential morality, no embarrasing retreats, no rogue economic prosperity -wow!

2. McCain ran against Bush - shock - and 'maverick' is shorthand for being Bush's #1 internal enemy - Kerry even offered him VP in 04 -wow!

bobzz

HSC
i HATE bush
im not that into politics, but obamas black, bush is white.. id rather opt for the black guy this time round u feel me..

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
"I just have to rely on the good judgment of the voters not to buy into these negative attack ads. Sooner or later, people are going to figure out if all you run is negative attack ads you don't have much of a vision for the future or you're not ready to articulate it."

Who said this?

It was John McCain in 2000. And now, 8 years later, he's hired half his campaign team from exactly the same pool of nasty Bush advisers that ran those ads against him 8 years ago.

John McCain doesn't want to be president to help America anymore. He just wants to be president.

Lentern

HSC
Iron said:
1. Bush ran on change too - shock - and he fuck-ing delivered: Higher standards in presidential morality, no embarrasing retreats, no rogue economic prosperity -wow!

2. McCain ran against Bush - shock - and 'maverick' is shorthand for being Bush's #1 internal enemy - Kerry even offered him VP in 04 -wow!
You really are into the narrative nonsense of politics. For all his hicoughs Clinton left office with a sky high approval rating, Bush for all his "conviction polician" nonsense, lost the popular vote in 00, and will leave office far and away the most unpopular republican ever. And Kerry lost to an incumbent Bush, the fellow really didn't have that much going for him. Deane would have slaughtered Bush in the general but Gore endorsed him too early, if Gore had held off his endorsement until say a week before super tuesday Deane would have swept to power.

The War Nerd

HSC
N/A
McCain, He'd pull the trigger, He would know how to handle a Crisis, Obama not so, I believe he would rely on too many aides as bush did and mess around internally much like bush did in the lead up to Iraq. Still policies on Iran and international sanctions and other policies may just be the diamond in the rough.

Then again all this finally emerging debt and economic meltdown will heavily swing voters.

Last edited:

Gerald10

HSC
Interesting article in the new york times about the class warfare of the republicans.

The jist is that through their vilification of elitism they have ostricised a whole host of professionals. Lawyers vote democrat at a rate of 4-1 for example.

Conservative leaders like Lincoln and Churchill were well read, well educated and knowledgeable in history and language. Now they have a generation of leaders who act on gut instinct rather than any self critical introspection on their policy.

Being of the leftist persuasion I was happy to see McCain get the nomination because I don't think he is apart of the far right neo-conservative evangelical christian establishment. But the selection of Palin? Well that made the situation far more desperate from point of view.

Obama should and will be the next President and Palin will hopefully return to the politically obscurity that she so deserves.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
smh.com.au said:
Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her position as Alaska Governor by pressuring officials to dismiss a state trooper, an investigator's report said today.

In a 263-page report released by Alaska's Legislative Council following a six-hour closed doors hearing, investigator Steve Branchflower said Palin was guilty of violating state ethics rules for public officials.

"I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110 (a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act," Branchflower wrote in the report.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/us-election/palin-abused-power/2008/10/11/1223145681131.html

Uh oh

HSC
A small part of me wants to see Sarah Palin become president, just to see what would happen and for the lulz

Animals

Banned
HSC
Silver Persian said:
A small part of me wants to see Sarah Palin become president, just to see what would happen and for the lulz
It'd be like Armageddon all over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)