2009 EE2 Rollcall. (1 Viewer)

elh45

HSC
first ever post on a forum... ahh!
my ee2 class has 11 students - and im pretty sure we are all doing short stories.
:)
we all handed in proposals a week ago, but i've already changed my main focus and structure. :)

bex255

HSC
My first ever post too =)

I'm surprised everyone else is handing in proposals and all that...
we haven't even had a formal get-together lol nevermind and scheduling of assessments...

E

Empyrean444

I'm doing poetry - a 'small' epic poem to be precise (3500 words). Done 2000 words thus far (wish i'd done some work in my other subjects...).

Clifford

HSC
Wow, thats impressive! I would have thought that poetry would be particulary difficult to write quickly, being so concerned about meter and whatnot.

I am from St. Leos (crickets), and we have a class of two. Its very intimate, and there is definetly simmering competitivness between us.
I am doing a short story sort of practical how-to guide to a world where language devices and concepts are taken literally and the ensuing chaos. I've written my proposal but its due in wk 2, and written a detailed plan of each setting and device....

Its a great subject, so much more freedom than the others, eh?

Sayangliss

HSC
So many people have done so much... ><
We've handed our proposal in since around week 6 of term four..

I'm doing... short story. In a class of 7.. or maybe 8... something like that. =]

And yes, it is a great subject! Terrible if you have love affairs with procrastination though.. >.>

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Ahh shit. I haven't started on my MW at all.

Is anyone doing an animation or knows anyone doing one?

Or should I switch to poetry or short story since it's much easier...

:uhoh:

Yamiflea

HSC
Hey!
Name's Felicity (Flea for short) and I plan on composing a short story as my major work. We've already had to hand in a proposal (obviously) but like most, the first idea's never drafted so I'm stuck.

georgefren

HSC
Hello. Ive finished the first draft (about 8200 words) of my short story. Only problem is im not sure if its quite up to scratch, so im gonna have to cut a LOT :(

jacq093

HSC
georgefren said:
Hello. Ive finished the first draft (about 8200 words) of my short story. Only problem is im not sure if its quite up to scratch, so im gonna have to cut a LOT :(
omg
Same here! Wow yes, ive done my first draft which is a little under 8000 and feel exactly the same way. Hmm maybe with few hundred drafts and edits...it'll be good enough? :)

hopscotchiscool

HSC
Heya all.

I'm doing short stories too. Was thinking of video, but that's what I'm doing for art already. I don't think I'm strong enough to do two. Though, that would be massively awesome and fantastic, had I the time and strength for it.

Isiebeau

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm Izzy. Doing Ext Two and loving it. I decided on Short Stories..

We've done the proposal and my teacher emailed our results over Christmas. I got 9/10 so I'm pretty happy, can't have asked for anything better on a proposal :D..not with my teacher anyway.
I've written up bits and pieces of multiple short stories, just drafts, nothing brilliant - I should probably do a bit more lol put some fingers to key stroke..

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
so many people have already done first drafts. jeez. i haven't even started my first proposal yet.

there are two in my class. i'm doing a short story on conflict and the human condition. my mate is doing a critical response on gaming as a visual medium (that's cheating...he gets to play games for schoolwork).

anyway. i've decided i'm going to do my proposal right now...jsut cause all you people have inspired me.

blabla91

HSC
I always hear that not many people do speeches but geesh im hard pressed to find even a mention of it on this site! well funnily enough im doing speech in a class of 6... 2 plays, 2 short stories, 1 critical response and me

ive completed a very rough draft, just hoping it improves massively coz past examples are really intimidating.

I love the subject but hate internal marks.. how can they assess you on such a subjective process!? :evilfire:

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
heh our proposal drafts aren't even due until schools starts again.

I've almost finished my first MW draft and my first journal.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
I always hear that not many people do speeches but geesh im hard pressed to find even a mention of it on this site! well funnily enough im doing speech in a class of 6... 2 plays, 2 short stories, 1 critical response and me

ive completed a very rough draft, just hoping it improves massively coz past examples are really intimidating.

I love the subject but hate internal marks.. how can they assess you on such a subjective process!? :evilfire:
woo a third one doing a speech yay that makes 3 on the site so far

Clifford

HSC
I'm not sure if I have posted in here yet, but due to extreme laziness and an odd limited form of procrastination where I feel that if I take short-cuts in my time wasting it isnt as bad... either way, I'm not trudging back too far through the thread, so if I did write twice just dismiss me as over eager.

My name is Jim, I'm from a class of two and am writing a short story about a chap who is in an odd world where devices and concepts of language are taken literally and whatnot.
Proposal due next week, 1st draft done but I hate it and am not sure if I still like what I've done.

snowconesyum

HSC
My name is Jim, I'm from a class of two and am writing a short story about a chap who is in an odd world where devices and concepts of language are taken literally and whatnot.
Proposal due next week, 1st draft done but I hate it and am not sure if I still like what I've done.
that sounds like a fantastically awesome concept... have you by any chance read jasper fforde? i REALLY recommend him, he seems to go along a similar line to you in this weird, awesomely literary pomo ridiculous world with pastiche and blahblah.. very clever.

Isiebeau

HSC
N/A
I've read Fforde. He's great. You should try Robert Rankin also, particularly 'The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse.' It's brilliant, my favourite PostM Absurdist novel.

Skizzors

HSC
Heya, I have 17 people in my class. I was going to do speeches, but I have just changed my mind so I am now doing a short story. And my proposal is due next week. Which is a bit scary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)