2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (2 Viewers)

xsavagex

HSC
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

thanks so much for your help. i think i've a rough plan of what i want to do, thats if i can get my subjects i did last year credited.

One more Q, i am kind of interested in HRM107 but its not really included in commerce, it says a pre requisite is BCom-Mktg so does that mean since i got into B Com that i can't do it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

thanks, and can i choose any units?? from my department, which is the Department of Media, Music and Cultural Studies?
You can choose any unit in any department as long as you fulfil the pre-requisites.

thanks so much for your help. i think i've a rough plan of what i want to do, thats if i can get my subjects i did last year credited.

One more Q, i am kind of interested in HRM107 but its not really included in commerce, it says a pre requisite is BCom-Mktg so does that mean since i got into B Com that i can't do it?
I'm not sure to be honest, I'm sure someone will answer it soon enough.

Last edited:

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

You can choose any unit in any department as long as you fulfil the pre-requisites.
thanks man uve been sucha big help lolol and one more q is that can i choose courses such as MAS208 the pre requisite states 12 credit points, and my 4 required units give 12, so im allowed to choose units taht begin with 2??

thanks again.

HSC

thanks man uve been sucha big help lolol and one more q is that can i choose courses such as MAS208 the pre requisite states 12 credit points, and my 4 required units give 12, so im allowed to choose units taht begin with 2??

thanks again.
Yup. Once you've completed those 4 units, you can do a 200-level unit with a 12cp pre-requisite. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

thanks again.
Yeah, but 208 is only offered in Semester 1, so you won't be able to do it till at least the next year.

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

ok. i know im delayed and all, buh i really dont know wat to do and i am completely clueless abt enrolment day and timetables and all that. i got into Bcom. So i come on the 2nd of feb, fill out my proposed program form, hav it signed, then get admitted to my degree, then i can enrol into my units and classes at home? is that right? ;s

and how do i know wat core subjects i do for my course? and how do i know the "unit code" for my selected units?

thanks in advance :).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Handboook
Units
Streams of Study

With the proposed program form, you fill it out, get it signed off, then submit it to a student helper to input into the system which enrols you.

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

Degree - 2009 Course Handbook - Macquarie University

under the "programs" subheading, are they all the subjects or whatever that i willl be doing for this course?

and do i just choose any 4 (or how many) units to enrol in from the units list for BOTH semester? and are the units for semester 1 and 2 meant to be different or the same?

also, do i choose 4 or 8 units to enrol in? cos there is 2 tables.

sorry for all this.

dolbinau

HSC

^ I think this is kind of the same thing so I'll just add, yeah, do we enroll in units for both semester 1 and 2 (8 units) or just semester 1?

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

are units meant to be different for semester 1 and 2?

zeromq

HSC
N/A

Units meaning subjects?

I'd think so, since you should be doing different subjects unless you are repeating

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

ok thanks.

Also, this might be stupid, but i dont really understand the "general requirements" for Bcom;
  1. Minimum number of credit points: 68
  2. Maximum number of credit points at 100 level: 30
so for the whole course, the number of credit points is 68+?
and wat does 2. mean?
so, for 1 semester, am i meant to do 12cp (4 units, 3cp)?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

ok thanks.

Also, this might be stupid, but i dont really understand the "general requirements" for Bcom;
  1. Minimum number of credit points: 68
  2. Maximum number of credit points at 100 level: 30
so for the whole course, the number of credit points is 68+?
and wat does 2. mean?
so, for 1 semester, am i meant to do 12cp (4 units, 3cp)?
It means that to complete the degree you have to have completed 68+cp, a maximim of 30 of which can be completed at 100 level.

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

what do u mean "completed at 100 level"?

also, how do i know which units i can do for Bcom..? like
which ones am i ABLE to do, as i hav to fulfil the pre-requisites.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

what do u mean "completed at 100 level"?

also, how do i know which units i can do for Bcom..? like
which ones am i ABLE to do, as i hav to fulfil the pre-requisites.

Units come at different levels eg 100, 200, 300. As they get higher, they are generally harder and require prerequisites. Most first years start with 100 level units as they are easier and have no prerequisites.

when you go to the handbook and click on a particular unit (course) when its info comes up there should be a bit that says 'Prerequisites' if there is nothing written after it, you can do it.

EDIT: i may not have given the most accurate explanation as im only just getting used to it myself, but thats basically it.

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

ohhhhhhhhhhh ok. Thanks, I get it now.

But its kinda hard to find a unit that has like, nothing written next to
"pre-requisites"..

And if the unit code, for example, is ACCG105 or ACCG200, does that mean its higher then level 100?
and thus, not able to do for first year-ers?

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

ohhhhhhhhhhh ok. Thanks, I get it now.

But its kinda hard to find a unit that has like, nothing written next to
"pre-requisites"..
the ones at 100 level shouldnt have perequisites... can you provide a link to a 100 level unit in the handbook?

the ones that are in the 100's are 100 level, i think. You can do some 200 level courses in your fisrt year, but i dont think its reccomended.

Last edited:

xsavagex

HSC

Yeah you enrol in both i think. When you click on a unit it'll say when its offered (eg. D1, D2, E1, E2) where D1= Day, semester 1 or E2= Evening semester 2.

I have onnneee more question and then i think i've figured everything out! Do people usually do 3 or 4 subjects a semester? i did 4 at my old uni but i swear my friend only did 3 once at mq.

xsavagex

HSC

Oh and btw some of the pre requisites may just say something like "accepted into BCom" so if you got accepted into b commerce then you can do the subjects.

But some might say you have to be accepted into other courses, or have done other subjects (which means if you do those subjects, in a later semester you can do that one you want) or another pre req might be to have 12cp, which means that in semester 2 you may be able to do that subject if you did12cp worth of subjects in first semester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)