2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

Theres units such as ICOM812 whihc is lvl 800, it has no pre requisites so i can do them in my first year yes?
Yeah sure, you can enrol in them!

If you're a postgrad student.

Last edited:

janiceee

HSC

This is probably really stupid, but there is so much stuff i still dont really get..

im doing commerce + law, so do i choose from one of these programs to major in:

Programs

units tht i am planning on doing:
LAW 114
LAW 115
ECON 110
STAT 170
ACST 101
ACCG 100

they are all worth 3 cp i think. did i pick too many or too little units? :p

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A

too little for the whole year, too many for semester 1 i think [that is if you wanna fiinish the degree on time)

antisheep

HSC

is it free parking on enrollment + orientation days?
It was last year so I don't see why it wouldn't be... but i'd still pay attention to the signs, they signpost it if it's free.. those parking inspectors can be a crafty bunch.

HSC

It was last year so I don't see why it wouldn't be... but i'd still pay attention to the signs, they signpost it if it's free.. those parking inspectors can be a crafty bunch.
haha they certainly are... ahh the many times i tried to deceive them last year

janiceee

HSC

too little for the whole year, too many for semester 1 i think [that is if you wanna fiinish the degree on time)
how do you know that? how many units do we need to do in a year?

AWrules

HSC

I'm doing B Laws B Commerce (Marketing) and I'm still trying to do a timetable...

I have a program of study sheet, that i got earlier in the year, for Marketing but i dont have one for laws.

Are there any online??

The handbook doesn't provide them in any detail, that i can find anyway.

So, does anyone have a link or information on a Laws/ Marketing Programs of study page??

Any help is appreciated

*Baby-K*

HSC

I'm doing B Laws B Commerce (Marketing) and I'm still trying to do a timetable...

I have a program of study sheet, that i got earlier in the year, for Marketing but i dont have one for laws.

Are there any online??

The handbook doesn't provide them in any detail, that i can find anyway.

So, does anyone have a link or information on a Laws/ Marketing Programs of study page??

Any help is appreciated
Program of Study - 2009 Course Handbook - Macquarie University

Is that what you mean?
You will complete Law114 and Law 115 in your first year in Uni

Look up your units in detail here:
http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2009/Undergraduate/Units/Units.php

So for Law 114 http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2009/Undergraduate/Units/Unit.php?UnitCode=LAW114
Law 115 http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2009/Undergraduate/Units/Unit.php?UnitCode=LAW115

Last edited:

AWrules

HSC

Thanks very much for your help. i did find those, i think i'll do them in semester one, would that be right?

But with the marketing thing i mentioned, i got a sheet that outlined a program of study for the whole 3 years, semester by semester and showed what you could then major in and stuff.

Do you know if there is anything like that for Laws and marketing together on the net?

Otherwise ill just wait until the orientation day.. thanks again :)

HSC

Err don't know how to explain that better.

You = Student, yourself, Kylieeee
Can = are able to, allowed, permitted
Enrol = the act of registration
In Whatever You Want = a colloquial phrase describing a situation of freedom.

So at an institution of higher learning, say like Macquarie University, they offer these things called "degrees". I know, two syllables, I'll let you take a moment to take it all in.

Ok, ready?

So these degrees, they have these re-quire-ments..basically things which you need to have completed/satisfied to be offered this degree at graduation.

Now, Com-merce, you see, has a few things you can 'MA-JOR' (MAY-JER) in, and those MAY-JERS can be found here.

Its a lot to take in isn't it? I'll let you take a break again, go make a sandwich or something.

...Alright back? Ok, now this next part is very difficult. It requires YOU, yes that's right YOU, to LOOK at that page, and figure out what stream of study you want to actually do, so that you can graduate. These 'streams' will each have certain subjects or U-NITS (YOU-KNITS) that you have to do in order to graduate. So, basically, if you want to graduate in Commerce you have to follow those subjects.

Now the thing is, you don't HAVE to graduate, you don't HAVE to follow the streams, but you won't graduate with a Commerce degree, no biggie right?

Ok?
You don't need to talk down to someone just because they don't understand the proper process of enrolment and integration into university.

I could only imagine what you were like on your enrolment day.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

You don't need to talk down to someone just because they don't understand the proper process of enrolment and integration into university.

I could only imagine what you were like on your enrolment day.
I was in and out in under an hour actually, but thanks for dropping by, Jerry tell him what he's won.

HSC

I was in and out in under an hour actually, but thanks for dropping by, Jerry tell him what he's won.
I don't mean to be rude, it just seems a bit low to talk to someone like they're an idiot because they asked a few simple questions. You clearly wouldn't make a very good academic adviser, you would probably just yell at the students for not knowing everything to begin with. Anyway does pronunciating syllables to a new comer to the uni boost your ego?

X

xeuyrawp

You clearly wouldn't make a very good academic adviser
Hahah, bit of an industry expert are you? :p

Spend some time with the academic advisors, and then come back here. :rofl:

HSC

Hahah, bit of an industry expert are you? :p

Spend some time with the academic advisors, and then come back here. :rofl:
Funny. I don't remember saying i was an industry expert. I think you're missing the point here aswell. I just don't think it's very nice to make fun of someone who doesn't understand something.

Whatever, i don't care anymore.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I don't mean to be rude, it just seems a bit low to talk to someone like they're an idiot because they asked a few simple questions. You clearly wouldn't make a very good academic adviser, you would probably just yell at the students for not knowing everything to begin with. Anyway does pronunciating syllables to a new comer to the uni boost your ego?
Yes it does, it inflates my massive ego so much that I take on a completely new persona, by day I shout at students, by night I snoop across political hotpoints around the world and take out the Red Cross using my arsenal of volatile chewing gum, greasy ropes and used batteries.

Funny. I don't remember saying i was an industry expert. I think you're missing the point here aswell. I just don't think it's very nice to make fun of someone who doesn't understand something.

Whatever, i don't care anymore.
Not sure where I was making fun of someone, merely explaining it to her in a way she could understand, because previous attempts surely didn't help/succeed! I mean, I wasn't using toy puppets to demonstrate my point or anything

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

so it's kinda too late to find out if parking's free on monday isnt it?
It will be, just watch out where you park, I doubt they'll charge prospective students for parking the wrong places on the day of enrolment (though I could be wrong, the uni seems to make decisions which astound me these days) but it should be safe.

I say watch out where you park because there are certain areas restricted to companies/and or staff, so just look at the signs, for the majority of the campus, most of the big parking blocks towards the middle of the uni and the open areas near the X and W buildings should be ok :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)