2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

According to Macquarie website:

Your enrolment preparation session is scheduled for:
Date:Thursday 5 February

Will I be disadvantaged if certain units get full etc.. beforehand? (or does this never happen)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

Psych and stat units should have ilecture. Drop the course convenor an email to check - I used to. I did many clashing subjects and I recommend it if you really do want to do certain subjects and you know you will keep up with the ilectures. Rather than ilecturing my core subject, I ilectured the easiest / the one that I didn't need to follow examples (I liked going to stat, rather than listening to it).
how do i find out who the course covenor is?

*Baby-K*

HSC

So when do we actually find out the book list?
BTW anyone who has texts for the following units please PM me
Law114
Frn226
Rsn250
Law115
Frn227
Pol168
Eul101

jellybelly08

HSC

sadasdsadasda

HSC

when we go in to our enrolement day, do we come out with our timetable? as in on that day we pick our subjects?
someone mentioned earlier about filling in your own timetable?
isnt there an explaination on how to do that on the day... confused

dolbinau

HSC

when we go in to our enrolement day, do we come out with our timetable? as in on that day we pick our subjects?
Yes we pick out subjects and fill in our own timetable, who someone will check and then enroll us based on (As far as I understand)

There is more info here:

Macquarie University

See the "Vodcasts" which might help you - I think basically they'll be just doing this on enrollment day anyway so if you watch them now it may save you time/get you better informed.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Yes to both.

The advantages of filling your timetable out prior is it makes the process a lot faster.

dance2urownbeat

HSC

can anyone explain the difference between a lecture and a seminar please? i'm just curious.

cjdart

HSC

do the classes fill up quickly? I think my law combo is one of the last to enroll, so does that mean i will have less to choose from, or is there enough room in all the classes?

dolbinau

HSC

do the classes fill up quickly? I think my law combo is one of the last to enroll, so does that mean i will have less to choose from, or is there enough room in all the classes?
I'mw ondering the same thing.

dance2urownbeat

HSC

well i'm just hoping i can get into all the classes i want hehe.

HSC
N/A

You don't have to come up with a proposed timetable, but it's a brilliant idea if you do. Some people rock up to enrollment day with no clue of what kind of subjects they can or have to do - this can take hours of on-the-spot handbook reading and Timetable analysis to figure out what they might like to do for the next three years of their lives to make sure they satisfy any 100-level prerequisites. That's if they understand the basic Lecture/Tutorial/Credit Point/Course Prerequisites thing, too. Sometimes they don't and have to learn it all on the spot.

It's as painful as it sounds.

kylieee

myspace.com/_attitude
HSC

You can enrol in whatever you want, its really up to you. The issue is will those subjects help you fulfill the requirements for graduating in your chosen course or accreditted program?
wat do u mean?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

wat do u mean?
Err don't know how to explain that better.

You = Student, yourself, Kylieeee
Can = are able to, allowed, permitted
Enrol = the act of registration
In Whatever You Want = a colloquial phrase describing a situation of freedom.

So at an institution of higher learning, say like Macquarie University, they offer these things called "degrees". I know, two syllables, I'll let you take a moment to take it all in.

Ok, ready?

So these degrees, they have these re-quire-ments..basically things which you need to have completed/satisfied to be offered this degree at graduation.

Now, Com-merce, you see, has a few things you can 'MA-JOR' (MAY-JER) in, and those MAY-JERS can be found here.

Its a lot to take in isn't it? I'll let you take a break again, go make a sandwich or something.

...Alright back? Ok, now this next part is very difficult. It requires YOU, yes that's right YOU, to LOOK at that page, and figure out what stream of study you want to actually do, so that you can graduate. These 'streams' will each have certain subjects or U-NITS (YOU-KNITS) that you have to do in order to graduate. So, basically, if you want to graduate in Commerce you have to follow those subjects.

Now the thing is, you don't HAVE to graduate, you don't HAVE to follow the streams, but you won't graduate with a Commerce degree, no biggie right?

Ok?

Last edited:

dance2urownbeat

HSC

haha asylum.
i've almost decided my youknits, hurrah.

edit: in regards to clashing lectures, should i call the student enquiry hotline or should i just wait for academic advisory day?

Last edited:

erm

HSC

So at an institution of higher learning, say like Macquarie University, they offer these things called "degrees". I know, two syllables, I'll let you take a moment to take it all in.

Ok, ready?

So these degrees, they have these re-quire-ments..basically things which you need to have completed/satisfied to be offered this degree at graduation.

Now, Com-merce, you see, has a few things you can 'MA-JOR' (MAY-JER) in, and those MAY-JERS can be found here.

Its a lot to take in isn't it? I'll let you take a break again, go make a sandwich or something.

...Alright back? Ok, now this next part is very difficult. It requires YOU, yes that's right YOU, to LOOK at that page, and figure out what stream of study you want to actually do, so that you can graduate. These 'streams' will each have certain subjects or U-NITS (YOU-KNITS) that you have to do in order to graduate. So, basically, if you want to graduate in Commerce you have to follow those subjects.

Now the thing is, you don't HAVE to graduate, you don't HAVE to follow the streams, but you won't graduate with a Commerce degree, no biggie right?

Ok?
hahaha fucking hell

this should be stickied at the top of every institution's forum page

Supra

secksy beast
HSC

Ok, ready?

Ok?
HAHAHAHA you bastard!!! Scared the poor girl off...but top post nonetheless :)

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

Theres units such as ICOM812 whihc is lvl 800, it has no pre requisites so i can do them in my first year yes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)