2009 UMAT Official Results (No Spam) (1 Viewer)

Lukybear

HSC
I think we shouldnt give up. Anything is possible at the moment here. Theres a whole heap of other options avaliable for all of us.

Dont give up!

lobby

HSC
I am shitting myself because i'm not sure if i did good or not?????

Section scores:
1:58
2:45
3:80
overall score: 61 (wtf???!!!)

and then 93 below that...

Also, I raped s3 and answered and checked over everything w 10 mins to go, how come no 100? or is out of 80?

edit: also, is this good enough for university of otago medicine or dent?

Last edited:

emmatheron

HSC
nah i'm pretty sure ur allowed to just count 3 subjects for 10 units.
NO definitely not on the UAC page it says:

Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) | UAC

"To be eligible for an ATAR in 2009, a student must satisfactorily complete at least 10 units of ATAR courses. These ATAR courses must include at least:
  • eight units from Category A courses
  • two units of English
  • three Board Developed courses of two units or greater
  • four subjects. "
Note it says 4 subjects
I know this because I had a friend a few years older than me falling into the same boat. He had above 95s for all 4U of Eng and all 4U of Math. But because they were from one subject, his weaker subject, music (84) had to be counted, instead of chemistry (92)

So this drastically affected his UAI and he is not doing med because of it!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
NO definitely not on the UAC page it says:

Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) | UAC

"To be eligible for an ATAR in 2009, a student must satisfactorily complete at least 10 units of ATAR courses. These ATAR courses must include at least:
  • eight units from Category A courses
  • two units of English
  • three Board Developed courses of two units or greater
  • four subjects. "
Note it says 4 subjects
I know this because I had a friend a few years older than me falling into the same boat. He had above 95s for all 4U of Eng and all 4U of Math. But because they were from one subject, his weaker subject, music (84) had to be counted, instead of chemistry (92)

So this drastically affected his UAI and he is not doing med because of it!
i know you have to do four subjects, but the 4 subjects dont have to all count for your ATAR. and your example is flawed, how would music be counted INSTEAD of chemistry, if you CLAIM that you have to count 4 subjects for your ATAR. If anything, they would have BOTH been counted, since if chemistry IS NOT counted then its still only 3 subjects.

nice try at making up a story to back up your argument though.

Last edited:

Panda1

HSC
S1:48 (TT)
S2: 52
S3: 75

Overall Percentile: 86
Overall Score: 58
Total score: 175
OP indication: 1-4

Any chance of UNSW or Griffith med interview offer?

Or for UQ provisional med, i got 48, and they need 50, is it such a strict cut off of 50?

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
S1:48 (TT)
S2: 52
S3: 75

Overall Percentile: 86
Overall Score: 58
Total score: 175
OP indication: 1-4

Any chance of UNSW or Griffith med interview offer?

Or for UQ provisional med, i got 48, and they need 50, is it such a strict cut off of 50?
yeh they enforce it pretty strictly. i sent them an email regarding it cuz i was a little paranoid that my s2 after the exam, turned out alright. they said they do enforce it, but i personally doubt that they would have a computer program that sieves through all applicants induvidual scores and takes out the ones below 50. but u never know.

freq707

HSC
So under 85 pretty much eliminates med interview right - but you said something about dentistry....
i did try to look around but want to double check i case of any hopes - are there any uni's in NSW that have dent. as undergrad at all...or is it just USyd with flipping postgrad...

[edit] ok so i forgot chales sturt...but i am not going to bathurst or wagga :| ill just finish my degree and try again next year

also - im sure someone has asked in the past but...what are chances like (even post-grad) of transferring from dent to med ;)

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
So under 85 pretty much eliminates med interview right - but you said something about dentistry....
i did try to look around but want to double check i case of any hopes - are there any uni's in NSW that have dent. as undergrad at all...or is it just USyd with flipping postgrad...

[edit] ok so i forgot chales sturt...but i am not going to bathurst or wagga :| ill just finish my degree and try again next year

also - im sure someone has asked in the past but...what are chances like (even post-grad) of transferring from dent to med ;)
Charles sturt uni is undergrad dent, i don't know how many non-school leavers they take in though or the cut-offs.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
guy from my year got 100th percentile =|

i'm pretty sure he can be referred to as 'Dr.' already

laelkassem

HSC
Heyy those umat scores are heaps high.. Just want to know what the cut off score is for university of western sydney anyone have anyclues?

Mas1991

HSC
i know you have to do four subjects, but the 4 subjects dont have to all count for your ATAR. and your example is flawed, how would music be counted INSTEAD of chemistry, if you CLAIM that you have to count 4 subjects for your ATAR. If anything, they would have BOTH been counted, since if chemistry IS NOT counted then its still only 3 subjects.

nice try at making up a story to back up your argument though.
lol, Tim's right. 4 subjects are required to be eligible but best 10 units are used to calculate uai/ATAR.

pman

Banned
HSC
ok, i didn't do it but this guy comes into my maths class this morning,
US: your looking happy.
HIM: why shouldn't i be?
US: why should you be?
HIM: cos i got first in australia for UMAT.

pman

Banned
HSC
well, no, his thing actually said first, then the DP mentioned it in assembly so I kinda believe him

HSC
is the internet the only way to check umat scores? so acer doesn't mail you the results?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)