2010 official "funny quirks of my day" thread. (1 Viewer)

DanHickm

HSC
Wasn't so much as funny as rage-inducing but I've had a bit of grief with the vending machines on campus. There's one that says it accepts 20c coins but it doesn't. On one I wanted a vanilla coke and I put in the $3 or so for it in dollar coins and it decided it didn't want to give me a vanilla coke and gave me back $3 in 20c coins. I then put all these coins back in and tried another row of vanilla cokes and it did exactly the same thing.

I ended up going for a coke zero and that worked. I'm glad it was before the actual semester started because I was standing there in the middle of the pathway laughing/raging at this silly vending machine.

Also, there's so much hate going around for the guy from the friendship faculty on his bike with the boom box. I always laugh when I see him around.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
jumb said:
I see these threads as more of a blog for interesting events that occured :)
Well you know WHAT? You didn't create this thread concept :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Wasn't so much as funny as rage-inducing but I've had a bit of grief with the vending machines on campus. There's one that says it accepts 20c coins but it doesn't. On one I wanted a vanilla coke and I put in the $3 or so for it in dollar coins and it decided it didn't want to give me a vanilla coke and gave me back $3 in 20c coins. I then put all these coins back in and tried another row of vanilla cokes and it did exactly the same thing.

I ended up going for a coke zero and that worked. I'm glad it was before the actual semester started because I was standing there in the middle of the pathway laughing/raging at this silly vending machine.

Also, there's so much hate going around for the guy from the friendship faculty on his bike with the boom box. I always laugh when I see him around.
Just as an FYI to everyone, the cheapest place to buy a can of vanilla coke is from the vending machine in EA (which is in engineering) for $2-. It's like, $2.30 from pinkies.

Well you know WHAT? You didn't create this thread concept :p
It's public domain now so we can all steal your idea :D

HSC
sorry ^.^
i only go to callaghan twice a week and dont really tend to wander alot
is it the convience store?

Last edited:

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Lol, this is the new 'what's wrong with engineers' thread!

It's funny watching people get attacked by mozzies... they seem to like sam5 a fair bit =P
Pretty sure there were 20 just chasing him at the back of the life sciences building!

Oh, there was this poor girl that was buying fruit salad from Mamaduke's on Monday, and before she'd even paid for it, she dropped the whole thing across the floor. I felt guilty for wanting to laugh :shy:

That black guy on the bike with loud speakers was annoying. And also he had the worst B.O.

edit: What I wrote just reminded me of: YTMND - nsmb
Agree with the BO.

Someone should casually spray him with deodorant next time he rides past...

where's pinkies???
=O

*shakes head in disgust* honestly?! lol

In Shortland, it's next to subway. In Hunter, it's down the stairs from the Huxley entrance.

EDIT: It's a lollie shop =)

chamelia

HSC
Pinkies is like a daily pit stop. Are you not even a real student? Do you even know where BOTH is? Do you even know which of the pastas are best? What even is life?

DanHickm

HSC
Just as an FYI to everyone, the cheapest place to buy a can of vanilla coke is from the vending machine in EA(which is in engineering) for $2-. It's like, $2.30 from pinkies. />
This was while bridging course were happening so I wasn't all that familiar with that area of the uni. Also.. you can get cans of coke for $1.60 from a vending machine on the first floor of the SB building, whether or not they have vanilla coke, I don't know.

jackydoll

HSC
where's pinkies???
It's the best place to get killer pythons and rasberry licorice...well in the Shortland building only but it's like the primary school canteen all over again :D :lol:

You guyyys.. the point of this thread is FUNNY QUIRKS :(
Well I'll look back at my misfortunes and laugh at it.

If you want something funny and quirky, I saw a guy wearing a tutu while playing cricket with his mates around the Tighes Hill as I was on the bus back to Newcastle.

MailMofo

HSC
Today, i'm walking back to the station and feel a breeze going into my pants, soon realising my fly had been open all day.

Including the button on my boxers.

Fuck.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC

LiveForever28

HSC
Theres another pinkies in the Hunter Building, below the steps of the door near the huxley library.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
This morning in maths, this guy fell asleep next to me and started snoring. Didn't no what to do.

DanHickm

HSC
Today, i'm walking back to the station and feel a breeze going into my pants, soon realising my fly had been open all day.

Including the button on my boxers.

Fuck.
Aha, this happened to me countless times in high school. I wouldn't notice till the end of the day. Always made my day when stuff like that happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)