2011 Semester 1 timetables (1 Viewer)

vincent3g

A member
HSC
you= no social life

Shadow dude i m thinking about it, but the other times werent too great. INFS1603 and comp1917 dont really have many options. Only fixed lectures and 2-3 tuts for them.
Does having lots of 1hr breaks means you have a social life?
Especially since, I think, you could just do stuff after Uni and out of Uni (if you choose), as then you aren't restricted by a time limit and wouldn't have to manage you time getting from and then back to campus. Like yeah, breaks give you an opportunity to explore campus life etc, but same does having a free afternoon which would probably be an easier time to have a meet etc as you would be organising by asking if people have a free arvo, rather than asking if they are free during the break.
Sorry in advance if my post doesn't make sense, brain dead.

chickenpop

HSC
N/A
we can still change/remove/add our timetables even though we've 'enrolled' those subjects right (turned blue)? There's quite a few 90% full for my ones, so I want to make sure I get those, while still keeping open option to change the timetable around

NewiJapper

HSC
Newcastle Uni needs something like rectangles. Making my own on excel is getting extremely painful!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I made mine on Excel (well OpenOffice Excel) as well. Pretty colours to be had =P

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
we can still change/remove/add our timetables even though we've 'enrolled' those subjects right (turned blue)? There's quite a few 90% full for my ones, so I want to make sure I get those, while still keeping open option to change the timetable around
you can still change after its blue.

Newcastle Uni needs something like rectangles. Making my own on excel is getting extremely painful!
rectangles makes crap timetables.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You can drop subjects and re-choose your classes and what time they're on in the same course.

My timetable:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh so it's bad... ah well. I don't really mind - as long as there's hot chicks =P

More seriously - well, I enrolled in everything they had a heading for... should I be going to say, two lectures for SCIF1121? Or do I only need to go to one...?

So confusing..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh so it's bad... ah well. I don't really mind - as long as there's hot chicks =P

More seriously - well, I enrolled in everything they had a heading for... should I be going to say, two lectures for SCIF1121? Or do I only need to go to one...?

So confusing..
Well on the normal timetables that everyone is uploading from UNSW, it usually tells you 1 of 2 if there are more which is required to attend. If there are two lectures and it does not say 1 of 2, then you'd have to attend only one; the other would be a repeat of the first.

twistedrebel

HSC
no aquawhite, (thanks for spreading lies) but you have to attend both lectures. If you read the UNSW handbook it will tell you the contact hours and it only is true if you attend all lectures. Aquawhite if you are unsure dont mislead other students, no need to Mr I know everything

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
no aquawhite, (thanks for spreading lies) but you have to attend both lectures. If you read the UNSW handbook it will tell you the contact hours and it only is true if you attend all lectures. Aquawhite if you are unsure dont mislead other students, no need to Mr I know everything
You don't have to attend a lecture if it's a repeat lecture. I was telling Shadowdude from what I've seen common across most timetables from UNSW. But yes, you should refer to the student handbook and contact your student advisor.
There is no need to get your goad up about it; and why would someone not check the information they receive from a forum website, we're not always 100% correct.

My apologies if I was being too vague. Definitely check the contact hours, and shouldn't it tell you what lectures/tutes/labs etc are compulsory and which aren't. A lot of other uni enrollments do.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
do you even go to unsw, aquawhite?

so far i've never had "repeat" lectures, i think my sister had one once, bit it will be specified if a lecture will be repeated.

lecture 1 of 2 and lecture 2 of 2 would mean that there are 2 lectures per week for that particular subject. it depends on the subject.
math usually has two sets of 2hr lectures per week (along with either one or two tutorials).
mechanics can have 1x2hr lecture and a 2x1hr lectures.
just a couple of examples..

deterministic

HSC
I made mine on Excel (well OpenOffice Excel) as well. Pretty colours to be had =P

You should have part of Friday morning off, depending on whether they split the three hours into labs and tutes. Computing tutes are useless, computing labs are important however (weekly assessments).

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my I spaced out my timetable i can possibly can.
I have to stay until 6pm =_=
Wednesday and Thursday are shit, big breaks do not suit me, but you might like them. The rest are good though, I guess.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You should have part of Friday morning off, depending on whether they split the three hours into labs and tutes. Computing tutes are useless, computing labs are important however (weekly assessments).
I remember it said something like 9am-10am, 10am-12pm on it... so I just chucked it in a big three hour klump.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I will miss my 3 day week and sleep-in this semester :(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I plan to use them for studying :)
*plan*. Will definitely not stay that way. Sure some of them will, which is good that you're going to do so, but you'll bludge every now and then - it's healthy for you too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)