2013 Federal Election: 2PP Voting Intention

• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

Okashi

HSC
Azure mate are you voting for the Labor party now that I have persuaded you of the merits of the Labor Australian conservative tradition. Stop Work Choices we must. Stop Work Choices we will. Vote Labor!
Why haven't you responded to my posts?
And for the love of god stop posting.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Ugh maybe I should leave the country for the next 40 months
The Liberals will likely be in power for more than one term. Only exception perhaps is if Kevin Rudd miraculously leads Labor again somehow and people have forgotten.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The Liberals will likely be in power for more than one term. Only exception perhaps is if Kevin Rudd miraculously leads Labor again somehow and people have forgotten.
I'm not so sure. Conventional wisdom would suggest that they would win two elections but we are in a weird situation here. Tony Abbot is still fairly unpopular, it's just Julia Gillard is more so. This also goes to the point that it isn't really labor that's unpopular, more so Julia. An abbot government I don't think will be hugely popular and I think therefore might not get a second term.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
We're in very good nick compared to the rest of the world. We're got very low unemployment, record low interest rates, solid growth, contained inflation. Plus, despite what you read in some papers, we also have very low net debt levels - esp compared to the US. Our net debt is expected to peak at 11.4 per cent of GDP compared to the US at over 80 per cent.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Budgets are about choices, and you need to appreciate the choice we had in this Budget when we saw the huge whack to our revenue base coming through. To have stuck to that objective, it would hit jobs and growth way too harshly – and I wasn’t going to ask Australia to cop that. A more gradual return to surplus is appropriate given the extent of these revenue write-downs (ie much less money coming in to the govt) and the transition underway in our economy. So, this Budget charts a sensible path to balance in 2015-16 and surplus in 2016-17, supports jobs and growth and makes the vital investments in the future.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So not even bothering to take stuff out of the first person anymore?

Okashi

HSC
So not even bothering to take stuff out of the first person anymore?
Lol.. Can't really debate Sathius cuz he copies and paste random speeches that he can't back up.

Is there some way you can ban him?

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Labor divides Coalition on New Start Allowance.
The Coalition has made promises that it will abolish Labor's increase of the New Start Allowance, regarded by many as a top up payment. The increase of the New Start Allowance which was provided by Labor in the 2012 federal budget is set to be expunged by the Coalition. The Coalition believes that the New Start Allowance is too generous, which contradicts the field evidence from business and welfare groups. The Greens have said that welfare payments are being kept too low and is punitive towards the most vulnerable members of society. Tony Abbott is adopting an anti welfare rights stance. Tony Abbott is a cancer on welfare liberalism and is unfit to govern.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Poll bounce puts Gillard and Abbott level.
The federal govt has benefited from budget week with Labor enjoying a moderate boost to its primary vote and Julia Gillard's personal ratings increasing sharply to the point where she now matches the Opposition Leader Tony Abbott as preferred Prime Minister.This statistical data is outlined by the Neilsen poll in May 2013. 52 per cent of voters said they liked Julia Gillard's though love budget and said they were better off in the national interest. Voters said Labor is doing the right thing by the nation in setting up the budget for a surplus in 2016.

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
y do u speak like you are a news ticker with aspergers

r118k

HSC
N/A
Poll bounce puts Gillard and Abbott level.
The federal govt has benefited from budget week with Labor enjoying a moderate boost to its primary vote and Julia Gillard's personal ratings increasing sharply to the point where she now matches the Opposition Leader Tony Abbott as preferred Prime Minister.This statistical data is outlined by the Neilsen poll in May 2013. 52 per cent of voters said they liked Julia Gillard's though love budget and said they were better off in the national interest. Voters said Labor is doing the right thing by the nation in setting up the budget for a surplus in 2016.
i reckon u dunno anything Sathius005. Julia Gillard is the worst PM we ever hv in Australia history. Please stop brainwashing others on this forum. You are welcome to give your opinion but from what i've seen, you are trying to get ppl to vote for ALP.

Liberal will win this election for sure.....We will all say goodbye to ALP in Sept.....and pls....no more BS from you.......May I ask you just STFU

Last edited:

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I will let other people judge how good I am as a campaigner for the Australian Labor Party. I am campaigning in Coalition heartland here on Bored of Studies, but I doing an admirable job campaigning for the Labor movement. The Labor Party were down in the dumps at less than ten per cent of the Two Party Preferred Vote when I started this forum now it is inching up to 40 per cent 2PP and even possibly up to 50 per cent 2PP. When I stopped campaigning online at Bored of Studies Labor's 2PP vote sunk to below 30 per cent. In politics you got to have a combination of ability and luck. I have had a good helping of the former and not as much of the later. In politics you must also keep on persisting with the key messages.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Federal Labor claims poll position in budget debate.
When Wayne Swan delivered his budget speech last week, it was greeted in the public galleries with wild applause. Which just shows how different the political environment can be seen from inside the political hot house. No budget speech by a Treasurer has received such elevated status. Of the three major opinion polls since the budget, two show no change, while the third poll shows a net negative impact for the Coalition. Labor focused on the Nielsen poll and its findings suggest that PM Julia Gillard standing had improved and Labor had closed the gap on the two party vote. Labor is on track for a famous victory at the September 14 poll. Labor has managed according to Nielsen poll to increase it's two party preferred vote by three per cent. Now the Coalition just have a majority of 4 per cent of the popular vote according to the Nielsen poll and that vote is starting to bottom.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The parties always stack out the public galleries with their supporters during the budget/budget reply. Abbott's speech was greeted with constant applause.

Last month's Nielsen poll was very generous for the coalition and was an obvious outlier result, hence the inevitable correction. There's something called sampling error and margins of error. This is why you don't look at a single movement from one poll to another. A look at the trends and polling across all pollsters shows your analysis is completely delusional.

Garygaz

HSC
honestly, labor should try and pull the morality card and turn gay marriage into an election issue. it's about their only hope. i'm quite sure pbuh abbott doesn't want to hear any of it so it would be a notable difference between the parties.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
An elected Coalition government will increase the GST : John Hewson
The former leader of the Liberal Party, John Hewson has told the voting public that an Abbott government will increase the GST to 20 per cent and broaden the base of the GST. Such a measure will increase funding to the state governments by $70 billion a year. Hewson has said Australians must get used to a higher taxing future under a Coalition government to avoid European style debt crisis.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
That GST scare campaign has to be one of the most desperate strategies i've seen in politics. It's just so devoid of facts and substance. A straw man if there ever was one.

Can you also please provide a citation for your post sathius005.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
That GST scare campaign has to be one of the most desperate strategies i've seen in politics. It's just so devoid of facts and substance. A straw man if there ever was one.

Can you also please provide a citation for your post sathius005.
how do you feel about the scare campaign against the carbon tax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)