• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
nobody ever complained in a gulag. they were all properly re-educated.

but i do see his point of turning a public institution into private hands eg look at serco
he's right to point out the failings of private institutions, just as is anyone else, however attributing that cause purely to the fact that is private is bogus

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
I think its safe to say that if Rudd get elected in Murdoch will get caned by him.

unfortunately for Rudd, he's just ticked off the wrong people and will pay for it

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-...eveal-any-talks-with-murdoch-over-nbn/4872536

Although this is a bit extreme, its funny how he is more than happy to see himself portrayed as an angel all the time and then two negative newspaper front covers and he calls it a major conspiracy

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Honestly I remember the '07 state election Iemma v. Debnam, Telegraph front pages were as blantly one eyed partisan and offensive as they are now, I don't know why it's made out to be a novel thing, I guess they've gone a bit further, maybe.

Also if you believe the telegraph front page has anything to do with the nbn, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
That same day Fairfax's Financial Review ran an anti-Labor editorial on their front page.

kittystar

HSC
I think its safe to say that if Rudd get elected in Murdoch will get caned by him.

unfortunately for Rudd, he's just ticked off the wrong people and will pay for it

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-...eveal-any-talks-with-murdoch-over-nbn/4872536

Although this is a bit extreme, its funny how he is more than happy to see himself portrayed as an angel all the time and then two negative newspaper front covers and he calls it a major conspiracy
+1

I'm really sick and tired of Rudd's attitude - now that he's back in as PM he thinks he is all that, and now he is just acting like a pompous prick. He needs a good kick up the ass in my opinion and unfortunately as much as I like Liberal I wish it wasn't Tony Abbott who would be the man to do it.

And Rudd's conspiracy theories? Please, he's trying to act like 'Detective Rudd' and seriously making a fool out of himself.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah Kevin needs to tone down his ego.... It's getting a bit over the top.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
All politicians have huge egos. Tony Abbott lacks political self esteem and is a very negative person. Tony Abbott is Dr No and doesn't offer a positive vision for Australia. Tony Abbott has psychiatric depression. Tony Abbott keeps on peddling doom and gloom. Abbott's relentless negativity irks me and pisses me off. With friends like Tony Abbott you don't need enemies.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Former Queensland Premier, Beattie offers statewide swing to Labor in the sunshine state.
-Source Australian Financial Review.

The vitality of Peter Beattie's parachuting into the federal election lies not so much in giving Labor a better chance of winning the marginal seat of Forde from the Coalition. Moreover, it is the broader battle to retake Queensland. Beattie gives Federal Labor a person with a state political pedigree who can focus the campaign on Campbell Newman's record of reckless spending and job cuts, which the ALP believes remains a great vulnerability for the Coalition.

In the immediate aftermath of Kevin Rudd's return to the Prime Ministership, there was optimistic talk of the ALP picking up as many as six to eight seats in Queensland. That started to deflate as the weeks went on as Kevin Rudd called the election. It has been Queensland that softened the most since Rudd's return. Many political analysts are predicting a five per cent swing to the ALP in the Queensland electorate which can deliver Kevin Rudd eight seats. This is as a result of Mr Beattie's (Lazarus Rising) resurrection.

Beattie remains popular in Queensland and offers Rudd a good relationship with regional voters. That reopens Labor's prospects up the Coast and into seats such as Flynn and Herbert. Even if Labor doesn't win these seats, it forces the Coalition to spread its campaigning resources much more broadly.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
All politicians have huge egos. Tony Abbott lacks political self esteem and is a very negative person. Tony Abbott is Dr No and doesn't offer a positive vision for Australia. Tony Abbott has psychiatric depression. Tony Abbott keeps on peddling doom and gloom. Abbott's relentless negativity irks me and pisses me off. With friends like Tony Abbott you don't need enemies.
?

kittystar

HSC
And I suppose that you are the medical doctor who diagnosed Abbott with 'psychiatric depression'?

Garygaz

HSC
sathius, you boring, pedantic fuck. you aren't going to become a politician by spamming your labor talking points on a student forum. just another parasite who wants to be a career politician, the worst people on the planet.

kittystar

HSC
The past cycle of polling has demonstrated that Rudd has definitely peaked and is now falling back to earth. Unfortunately for him he did not peak in an election winning position.

Abbott takes the lead (Nielsen 52-48 2PP to Coalition)

Rudd revival stalls as he fails to boost votes for Labor in Queensland
(Galaxy 56-44 2PP to LNP in QLD)
Apparently there's talks that if Liberal wins Peter Beattie will take Kevin Rudd's spot as Labor leader. Not sure how I feel about that..

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Priority is jobs over budget surplus in this time of international economic recession.

Source Australian Financial Review.
The Australian Industry Group and the Business Council of Australia are predicting that the Australian economy will be in recession over the next decade. Economists are saying that the economic growth, real wages growth and productivity levels Australia enjoyed since the 1990's and early 2000's were unsustainable. Furthermore, the world economy is coming crashing back to Earth, I predict that the international economy will be in recession for at least two decades.

Treasurer Chris Bowen has flagged that creating jobs rather than returning the budget to surplus will be the priority of his first budget next year, should the ALP be returned in 2013 federal election. The Treasurer said big reductions in government spending would lead to rising unemployment and slowing economic growth. To implement toxic cuts to the bone as the Coalition advocate would drive our economy into the ground and send unemployment skywards. Australia is now on the brink of economic recession. All good things must come to an end. We on the Labor side of politics will not sacrifice the employment prospects of Australians for a budget surplus. Now is the time to stimulate economic demand, to mitigate the downside risks of recession and deflation.

kittystar

HSC
Priority is jobs over budget surplus in this time of international economic recession.

Source Australian Financial Review.
The Australian Industry Group and the Business Council of Australia are predicting that the Australian economy will be in recession over the next decade. Economists are saying that the economic growth, real wages growth and productivity levels Australia enjoyed since the 1990's and early 2000's were unsustainable. Furthermore, the world economy is coming crashing back to Earth, I predict that the international economy will be in recession for at least two decades.

Treasurer Chris Bowen has flagged that creating jobs rather than returning the budget to surplus will be the priority of his first budget next year, should the ALP be returned in 2013 federal election. The Treasurer said big reductions in government spending would lead to rising unemployment and slowing economic growth. To implement toxic cuts to the bone as the Coalition advocate would drive our economy into the ground and send unemployment skywards. Australia is now on the brink of economic recession. All good things must come to an end. We on the Labor side of politics will not sacrifice the employment prospects of Australians for a budget surplus. Now is the time to stimulate economic demand, to mitigate the downside risks of recession and deflation.
Well they're doing a great job considering from June to July since Rudd officially took over 10,200 jobs have already been lost nationwide and the unemployment rate in NSW has jumped from 5.4% to 5.6%. Rudd is undermining confidence in every industry in the country

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Wayne Swan in the 2013 federal budget said that Labor will pay off net federal government debt by 2021. Peter Costello said that the federal government most likely pay off net federal government debt by 2033 (20 years from now). The after shocks of the Global Financial Crisis will most likely last for two decades. I expect the global economy to remain fragile over the next decade. Peter Costello is one of Australia's greatest federal Treasurers in Australian political history. Peter Costello says that the best case scenario is net federal government being payed off in ten years time i.e. in 2023. Costello extrapolated the fragility in the international economy as the key reason why paying down net federal government debt could take two decades. Peter Costello admitted that Labor was doing a strong job in economic management during the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression. Costello also admitted that he had underestimated the Global Financial Crisis in 2007 when he was Treasurer. Most likely if Peter Costello had been Treasurer in 2008/2009 Australia would be in recession. John Howard said that "the Australian people always get it right" when it comes to the federal election, hinting that he deserved to lose the 2007 federal election. I conclude by saying that the Labor party is the best party to be in government during this time of economic crisis in the international economy. Now is not the time for reckless fiscal cutbacks which in material fact take a huge sledge hammer to our economic growth and to jobs. Working with economic stimulus we produced an outcome that is the envy of the Western world. We have low unemployment, low inflation, strong economic growth and strong public finances. Our economy cannot manage with Mr Abbott’s reckless cuts to the bone. Stop an economic depression we must. Stop an economic depression we will. Vote Labor.

Did you know that we are more than $147.3 billion in net federal government debt (10 per cent of GDP) and we are one of the nations in the world with the strongest public finances. We have a strong set of economic fundamentals and Australia is in a strong place in the world. Notwithstanding that it will take two decades for Australia to pay back net federal government debt as said by Peter Costello. Australia's economy just like the global economy is fragile. Australia is on the brink of recession. The days of strong economic growth (at least 3 per cent per year) enjoyed over the past two decades is gone. What goes up must come down. Now Australia's economy is coming down back to earth. Now is not the time for savage cuts to the federal budget. Mr Abbott wants to implement toxic cuts to the bone. Cutting government spending at a time of international recession is an act of economic self harm. Don't risk Mr Abbott with our first class Australian economy. Now is not the time for L platers like Mr Abbott (Federal Opposition Leader) and (Shadow Treasurer)Joe Hockey.

Dovish RBA warning on budget cuts. The stance on fiscal policy is always a consideration for monetary policy. Economic growth has slowed to below trend, normally considered just above three per cent and that employment is not very strong. Revenue forecasts may be between $20 billion and $30 billion lower than forecast in May. John Edwards, Reserve Bank of Australia board member has warned Labor's razor gang against deep spending cuts or large tax increases because of the economy's fragility.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Well they're doing a great job considering from June to July since Rudd officially took over 10,200 jobs have already been lost nationwide and the unemployment rate in NSW has jumped from 5.4% to 5.6%. Rudd is undermining confidence in every industry in the country
It's not Rudd's fault that the Australian economy is on the brink of recession because the international economy is getting weaker and more fragile. Kitty Star Vote Labor if you believe in fairness and a fair go for workers. Tony Abbott will implement Work Choices Mark 2 and cut the pay and conditions of ordinary workers.

kittystar

HSC
It's not Rudd's fault that the Australian economy is on the brink of recession because the international economy is getting weaker and more fragile. Kitty Star Vote Labor if you believe in fairness and a fair go for workers. Tony Abbott will implement Work Choices Mark 2 and cut the pay and conditions of ordinary workers.
No but Rudd did make changes to the FBT which cost so many jobs in the car industry, and then blatantly said that he is supporting the car/manufacturing industry!

And I understand where you are coming from but I believe that Liberal does a better job in securing the future for small-medium businesses, which are key players in the Australian economy.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
In a time of slowing growth in Australia and so called 'end of the mining investment boom' (I hope the pollies know the amount of money being invested in LNG, just a different type of mining), HARSH austerity can harm an economy, however sustained budget deficits get the government into the problem of implementing austerity. That's why to balance both, solely on economic terms the LNPs NBN makes much more sense. In hindsight the big spending items like NDIS make sense socially, but economically it's not the right time. At a time when everyone is talking about fiscal responsibility, the ALP turn around and massively increase discretionary spending. Yes we want to reduce unemployment, but making it harder to lay off, and increasing the public service payroll, is not a long term option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)