• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2014 Fifa World Cup thread (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
the Bosnians were unlucky in my opinion. Messi played decent, that goal was pretty good. Argentina and Bosnia will definitely progress. Portugal vs Germany? With a wounded Ronaldo, Germany will win hands down. It may even turn into a thrashing if theyre not careful. Germany to win 3-1

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
im not sure if you are aware of this but
1. there are other timezones in the world
2. the games are randomly drawn
3. some people (including myself) would prefer 2am since they have work or in my case exams at 8am
Actually, if you were watching the England vs Italy game, the commenters were discussing how the game times are set according to European viewing times, they were talking how the time was pulled back to cater for this. And this optimal time coincides with 8am in Sydney.

Makematics

HSC
the Bosnians were unlucky in my opinion. Messi played decent, that goal was pretty good. Argentina and Bosnia will definitely progress. Portugal vs Germany? With a wounded Ronaldo, Germany will win hands down. It may even turn into a thrashing if theyre not careful. Germany to win 3-1
yeah i tipped 3-1 as well :3 hoping to cash in on it. but so far my tips havent been good.

iBibah

HSC
Isn't timezones basically one of the main reasons Australia will struggle to secure a world cup? dats what i heard.

Makematics

HSC
Actually, if you were watching the England vs Italy game, the commenters were discussing how the game times are set according to European viewing times, they were talking how the time was pulled back to cater for this. And this optimal time coincides with 8am in Sydney.
really? it must have been fixed before the draw cos otherwise it would be unfair to some teams. maybe they catered it so that the primarily european pots (1 and 4) were at certain times. because i remember being able to access the times of the games immediately after the draw and I have a screenshot that i took like 15 mins after the draw. there's no way they could have just gone "oh, england vs italy is a good game, it will be at time XY:00"

also did u mean their optimal time coincides with our 2am? cos that would make sense if they set the europe vs europe games (pot 1 teams vs pot 4 teams) to be at european prime time

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Isn't timezones basically one of the main reasons Australia will struggle to secure a world cup? dats what i heard.
Nah.

Its just because the focus in Australia is not as high as in other countries.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
yeh like qatar
Qatar does not have a big focus. Money is just dumped on players.

What I mean by big focus is that the people grow up with football and they attend football academies more than they attend school.

So competition gets fierce there.

And so many top players have to make do with just trying harder and harder.

Here Australia has barely any competition other than the weekend warriors like me who have been going at it for nearly 10 years.

But out of those hours there is not much. You can't just walk down to the park and suddenly be submerged with 50 other kids playing here like it happens in other countries.

Oh and its followed a lot more in other countries.

By a lot I mean every game in some countries is a world cup grand final.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Watched the entire Argentina v Bosnia game on the SBS app this morning.

SO GOOD

didn't kill my battery, and it was amazing

srsly, get the app - you can watch full match replays and everything

SO GOOD

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Bosnia goal, so good. Ball just rolls in, everyone just staring at it knowing they can't do anything about it.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
^you don't need stupid diagrams..... jeez.... this should be a full on pissup

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Mueller is a boss.
he defs played rly well

ozil had such a good chance at goal and when he missed and muller had a chance and missed i was like "oooooooooooooh" hahahaha

portugal was all over the place and played poorly and that was rly poor form of pepe lol what an idiot

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I just like how even though he's not a flashy player, he is so efficient at what he does.
this is what i rly love about the german side

of course they have their theatrical moments too but they just play in such an organised and efficient manner, they do exactly what they need to do when they need to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)