2014 Fifa World Cup thread (1 Viewer)

Makematics

HSC
Costa rica robbed of a clear penalty just before the goal, only to score anyways :lol:
Hoping uruguay beats italy tbh.
Will be nice to see costa rica in the round of 16 for the sake of international representation and tbh they may progress further.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Costa rica robbed of a clear penalty just before the goal, only to score anyways :lol:
Hoping uruguay beats italy tbh.
Will be nice to see costa rica in the round of 16 for the sake of international representation and tbh they may progress further.
Did the ref have his hands out while it happened?

If so then he signalled advantage.

Makematics

HSC
Did the ref have his hands out while it happened?

If so then he signalled advantage.
i know what advantage is, pls anom... wait what u can have advantage with penalties? but no there was no way it couldve been advantage he got knocked straight down and italy took the bol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i know what advantage is, pls anom... wait what u can have advantage with penalties? but no there was no way it couldve been advantage he got knocked straight down and italy took the bol
Well yeah, if the attacker gets hacked in the box and the ball bops up in the air and there's a waiting attacker who can just tap it into the open net - why not?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yes you can.

And honestly if the referee blows the whistle to award the penalty after the ball is already in the net then he may as well change his decision to a goal (if that's what happened sorry I didn't watch the game).

A referee has until the play is restarted to change a decision completely (from a penalty to a goal, etc).

If they award a goal and decide just before the kick-off it was a free kick to the defending team then they can change their decision as long as the kick-off is not taken.

Well yeah, if the attacker gets hacked in the box and the ball bops up in the air and there's a waiting attacker who can just tap it into the open net - why not?
Also, if the player takes the advantage like this and misses right in front of and open goal, they already had their chance, so who's to say they won't miss the penalty either?

So pretty much this, and if they miss a chance which is in a better position for scoring to before when the foul was committed then too bad, play on, you had your chance (otherwise you would be practically giving them two chances if the chance they missed was in an even better position than a penalty to score).

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Messi's goal was pretty bs against Iran

They defended very solidly the whole 90 minutes and then Messi decides to pull something out of his ass

(Also I reckon that was a penalty, the second half challenge)

Makematics

HSC
Messi's goal was pretty bs against Iran

They defended very solidly the whole 90 minutes and then Messi decides to pull something out of his ass

(Also I reckon that was a penalty, the second half challenge)
Yeh good display from iran, i knew their bus was strong so i tipped only 2-0. Lol messi's goal was pretty good, but yeh i can imagine you'd be upset like i was when messi scored on us :lol:

I didnt think it was a penalty tbh, he got the ball first and then slid through.

Makematics

HSC
Yes you can.

And honestly if the referee blows the whistle to award the penalty after the ball is already in the net then he may as well change his decision to a goal (if that's what happened sorry I didn't watch the game).

A referee has until the play is restarted to change a decision completely (from a penalty to a goal, etc).

If they award a goal and decide just before the kick-off it was a free kick to the defending team then they can change their decision as long as the kick-off is not taken.

Also, if the player takes the advantage like this and misses right in front of and open goal, they already had their chance, so who's to say they won't miss the penalty either?

So pretty much this, and if they miss a chance which is in a better position for scoring to before when the foul was committed then too bad, play on, you had your chance (otherwise you would be practically giving them two chances if the chance they missed was in an even better position than a penalty to score).
Wat.
There was no need for all dat, shadowdude summed it up well.
All i said was he got knocked down so there was no possibility that the ref couldve given advantage since noone else on his team was anywhere near the ball and the italians took the ball straight after. And no the costa ricans didnt score off that, they scored off a cross on the next attack

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Nigeria just need to park the bus now

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yep that assistant referee won't be seen again this World Cup...

so one A-League referee did pretty well, the other one's linesman let the team down...

enoilgam

HSC
Tough exit for Bosnia, I definitely thought they were good enough to go through. But I guess that's the World Cup really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)