2014 Fifa World Cup thread (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
That's what happens when one of the worst teams in the competition finally runs out of luck, and faces the best team in the competition.
I was backing Brazil to win based on the homefield advantage, but looking back at their games it's clear that they got far further than they should have.

deloving

HSC
I was backing Brazil to win based on the homefield advantage, but looking back at their games it's clear that they got far further than they should have.
That was me also. The first game was rigged. They held on against Mexico, I guess. They did just well enough against Chile. They rigged the ref also against Colombia. I don't think anything could have saved them against Germany.

The thing that pissed me off the most is ignorance. People first of all refused to believe/did not actually realise how terrible Brasil has been this tournament. Fucking shit. I don't care that they're the host nation. I'm so sick of SBS commentary (which I enjoy most of the time, I guess). They are so blind and I had false hope that finally maybe someone would step up and tell the truth. They have been a disgrace to football, and they should have been out a long time ago. But oh wells, we know how FIFA works, right?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
0-0 at end of extra time.

Argentina keeper was absolutely clutch.

Argentina beats the Netherlands 4-2 in the shootout.

Germany looks the heavy favourite if Argentina plays another passive game in the finals.

enoilgam

HSC
Germany looks the heavy favourite if Argentina plays another passive game in the finals.
Apart from Portugal and Brazil, Germany havent really looked convincing in their other games. Besides, those huge wins against those two teams had a lot to do with their opponents ineptitude.

fk my fav team lost whyyyyy netherlands
I was going for Holland as well, but it was only because I want someone new to win it. Their playing style was quite boring though - just playing not to lose (like a lot of teams in the knockout stages, hence the string of boring games).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
That was me also. The first game was rigged. They held on against Mexico, I guess. They did just well enough against Chile. They rigged the ref also against Colombia. I don't think anything could have saved them against Germany.

The thing that pissed me off the most is ignorance. People first of all refused to believe/did not actually realise how terrible Brasil has been this tournament. Fucking shit. I don't care that they're the host nation. I'm so sick of SBS commentary (which I enjoy most of the time, I guess). They are so blind and I had false hope that finally maybe someone would step up and tell the truth. They have been a disgrace to football, and they should have been out a long time ago. But oh wells, we know how FIFA works, right?
I don't support Brazil, neither did I watch any of their games, nor am I arguing against you or anything, but I think you need to know that in the end the team with the most goals wins. This is not necessarily the team who played the best, which is obvious from my experience on the pitch.

The amount of times teams have played better than the other team but still lose by one goal should suffice your thought (*cough* Aus vs Netherlands *cough* UCL final RM almost lost when they played ten times better than Athletico.)

noodlesareyummy

HSC
N/A
I really didn't want Netherlands to lose against Argentina.. I was actually going for Brazil and Netherlands, and now they're going to vs each other for 3rd place :mad2:
Finals are going to be interesting :D but i feel like Germany's going to win.. It's a lost opportunity for Netherlands, because four years later robben, rvp and sneijder will all be 34 ._.

deloving

HSC
I don't support Brazil, neither did I watch any of their games, nor am I arguing against you or anything, but I think you need to know that in the end the team with the most goals wins. This is not necessarily the team who played the best, which is obvious from my experience on the pitch.

The amount of times teams have played better than the other team but still lose by one goal should suffice your thought (*cough* Aus vs Netherlands *cough* UCL final RM almost lost when they played ten times better than Athletico.)
If you watched their games then you would know what I am talking about. Zero technical ability of the players. Zero real creativity (no, passing the ball forward at every opportunity doesn't always create plays).

Atletico Madrid played relatively well in the final, its their strategy that was awful though: scoring one goal and then defending for the rest of the game. A similar thing was witnessed in the Mexico vs. Netherlands game. Arguably, it was the losing+attacking team that forced such defensive strategies. This does not define a team as shit. What makes Brazil shit is what I expressed above.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
If you watched their games then you would know what I am talking about. Zero technical ability of the players. Zero real creativity (no, passing the ball forward at every opportunity doesn't always create plays).

Atletico Madrid played relatively well in the final, its their strategy that was awful though: scoring one goal and then defending for the rest of the game. A similar thing was witnessed in the Mexico vs. Netherlands game. Arguably, it was the losing+attacking team that forced such defensive strategies. This does not define a team as shit. What makes Brazil shit is what I expressed above.
Ok. But still that was not the point I was trying to make.

As I said before I know nothing about Brazil's campaign this world cup.

Athletico in my mind did not play well because they were not consistent for most of the game. They only played well for a good 30 minutes then just held the brake the rest of the game. For a team to play well they have to play well all game. Many teams have 10 minute patches here and there.

But still there are situations where teams can play better the whole game and still lose.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Ggggg

Germany will win'

I'll bet any of you people

Anyone wanna put a wager on it?

Last edited:

dunjaaa

HSC
For a minute, I thought I was watching the previous semi-final between brazil and germany...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)