2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
I am worried for english. Can only write 1000-1100 words in 40 minutes with my scribbly writing, and that's if i am writing constantly. So the parts when i have to adapt to the question will slow me down a bit, meaning I will probably only be able to get 950 - 1000 words in for the hard questions (aka Hamlet, People an Politics).
Yeah same. I was struggling for time in trials, and that was just pretty much spitting out my memorised essays.

Is everyone going to say take 3 minutes to write up a quick plan for each essay?

Mathsisfun15

HSC
Yeah same. I was struggling for time in trials, and that was just pretty much spitting out my memorised essays.

Is everyone going to say take 3 minutes to write up a quick plan for each essay?
Maybe like a minute to write like a key word from each quote and a key word from each topic sentence so I know what quotes go where. Because I'm a slow writer I can't spend too much time planning

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I am worried for english. Can only write 1000-1100 words in 40 minutes with my scribbly writing, and that's if i am writing constantly. So the parts when i have to adapt to the question will slow me down a bit, meaning I will probably only be able to get 950 - 1000 words in for the hard questions (aka Hamlet, People an Politics).

For some people adrenaline kicks in and they end up writing a lot more then they previously could.

But don't worry too much about how much you can currently write at this stage.

Flop21

HSC
Maybe like a minute to write like a key word from each quote and a key word from each topic sentence so I know what quotes go where. Because I'm a slow writer I can't spend too much time planning
Same... but I think I'll need to write up a quick plan to adapt my memorised stuff to the question. Otherwise it'll just be my generic with different topic sentences slapped onto it. That worked for trials lol but HSC questions are gonna be more specific I think.

Kaido

be.
HSC
When you write so fast the exam paper rips apart. Nws, teacher still marked it :lol: , don't think it will be marked in the hsc doe

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
For some people adrenaline kicks in and they end up writing a lot more then they previously could.

But don't worry too much about how much you can currently write at this stage.
When planning out your words you shouldn't be adding any extra and hoping adrenaline will do the rest. Assume what you can write now is what you will write in the hsc.

astroman

HSC
How many quotes should I have per paragraph for my AOS essay? I have about 2 quotes per paragraph, give sufficient examples and yeah.

Kaido

be.
HSC
How many quotes should I have per paragraph for my AOS essay? I have about 2 quotes per paragraph, give sufficient examples and yeah.
Only 2 quotes per para (perhaps you have longer quotes)? I would think 5 is solid, for variety and quantity

Chris_S

HSC
So how many quotes would be recommended to use for AoS essay from related and prescribed text in total?

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Only four past papers to go before I reach my goal of 99 past papers for dat 99 atar. 3 days to go till HSC. I'm gonna make it ladz.

Chris_S

HSC
How many body paragraphs are in your essays astro?

astroman

HSC
Woah wtf I have three but they're 300 words each. Will I get rekt or?
IDK you should be fine, my essay structure is weird but as long as it gets good enough marks i'm happy with it, I used this structure for trials and got 13/15 so it should be okay.

Chris_S

HSC
So last question overall how many quotes do I need for both related and prescribed texts in the essay?

Kaido

be.
HSC
Ik a guy who did 10 body paragraphs for Hamlet. He got 97 in Eng.
It was one of the most powerful essays I've read: succinct, flowing, memorable, strong voice, directly answers the Q and sophisticated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)