2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Oh, I think they mean all the regulars are $50 or up. So depending on the style, they can be cheapest at 50 and others would be more expensive, basically from $49.99 means equal to or $49.99 +
Yeah true, dem marketing techniques doe, they couldn't just label each of them to not confuse their customers.

EDIT: And the one that costs $49.99 is not even on the magazine...

HSC
Yeah true, dem marketing techniques doe, they couldn't just label each of them to not confuse their customers.

EDIT: And the one that costs $49.99 is not even on the magazine...
yeah, exactly! it makes it way complicated than it should be. It's like they get people's attention and then 'nah jokes'

Chris_S

HSC
hey guys, when analysing a film what would you necessarily look at in regards to whats in the scene? I was told to do a table but only have scenes, and camera movements, positions etc. What is the best way to analyse a film and what things should I look at? Cheers and by the way the film is "Wag The Dog"

HSC
hey guys, when analysing a film what would you necessarily look at in regards to whats in the scene? I was told to do a table but only have scenes, and camera movements, positions etc. What is the best way to analyse a film and what things should I look at? Cheers and by the way the film is "Wag The Dog"
all of those mentioned and there's non-diegetic/ diegetic sounds, lighting, colour scheme, costuming/ outfits

Vsxnpt5

HSC
hahayeah.., but could i still obtain 97 if all my half yearly marks aren't what i expected to be?

photastic

HSC
hahayeah.., but could i still obtain 97 if all my half yearly marks aren't what i expected to be?
Of course. Treat half yearlies as a reality check and rape every assessment and exam for now on :)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Today I bought myself Mathematics Success One 2015 Edition, it was thicker than I expected but that's no problem because I'm sure it'll be of great use and I can't wait to start working out through past HSC questions (I know that's bad because I haven't started but at least I got a great book that'll help me surely).

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

Drsoccerball

HSC
Today I bought myself Mathematics Success One 2015 Edition, it was thicker than I expected but that's no problem because I'm sure it'll be of great use and I can't wait to start working out through past HSC questions (I know that's bad because I haven't started but at least I got a great book that'll help me surely).
Waste of money tbh... Just get the hsc from online and do trials

HSC
What's everyone's opinion on the multivitamin "Centrum"? I just recently bought this and so far took one tablet, I'm quite inconsistent. But I decided to see what others think about this multivitamin on the internet and I came across this link.

http://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/the-truth-behind-centrum-doing-more-harm-than-good/

What do you think? I'm king of backing away from Centrum now after reading this...
I think any type of vitamins only work by enhancing the nutrients from food so it's fine as long as you have nutrients from food and tablet together.
I only take a calcium one because I don't get enough milk
I find it more convenient having a book that contains past HSC papers than constantly going on my PC/mobile to look them up.
good point and it's all in one place too

HSC
the thing with maths is, there's a whole lot of topics and once you get familiar with a new topic, you can forget some stuff
How many times do you guys go back to redo a difficult question? Based on a book I'm using, it tells me to correctly attempt the questions at least 4 times through the year

matchalolz

HSC
the thing with maths is, there's a whole lot of topics and once you get familiar with a new topic, you can forget some stuff
How many times do you guys go back to redo a difficult question? Based on a book I'm using, it tells me to correctly attempt the questions at least 4 times through the year
for me I do each topic 3 times to consolidate the knowledge - ofc it varies, i may only repeat some parts of a topic and other topics may require more effort.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
What's everyone's opinion on the multivitamin "Centrum"? I just recently bought this and so far took one tablet, I'm quite inconsistent. But I decided to see what others think about this multivitamin on the internet and I came across this link.

http://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/the-truth-behind-centrum-doing-more-harm-than-good/

What do you think? I'm king of backing away from Centrum now after reading this...
You shouldn't have anything that has hydrogenated fats in it. It is a known cause of heart disease.

Honestly I don't think you need a multi-vitamin, just keep a well rounded diet.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
One of the most important things I've learned when it comes to re-doing harder questions (which often have more than one way of doing them), is to understand why you use X technique in that situation. Why not say technique Y? When you understand why specific techniques are used in specific scenarios, it really helps with developing mathematical versatility (being able to answer 'never-seen-before' questions in exams).

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

If you're going to go down the route of these tablets/pills, then it is better to take specific ones for specific deficiencies and purposes. That way, the effect is much more pronounced and also you know exactly what's going into your body.

For example, when I used to cramp all the time during swimming, I went on a course of magnesium tablets. Currently, I'm experiencing some knee joint problems so I'm taking glucosamine and fish oil pills.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
How's study going for everyone?
Finished Notes For:

Chemistry (Prior to the holidays I did Production of Materials and The Acidic Environment):

* Chemical Monitoring and Management

* Industrial Chemistry

Physics (Prior to the holidays I did Space and Motors and Generators):

* From Ideas to Implementation

(I'm gonna leave Medical Physics for later on)

Business Studies (Prior to the holidays I did Finance and Marketing) :

* Operations

(I will get Human Resources done before the holidays come to an end... hopefully :) )

Other than that I've still got plenty more to go :/

Yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)