2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
Hows everyone finding year 12? ;)
Year 12 isn't super terrible but I could be dealing better imo. The weeks leading up to exams are always :cold:

I'm so unorganised it makes me want to cry 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。
lol my life is slowly falling apart with all the hw (esp. maths) I'm actually surprised I haven't cried yet during this whole hsc year

Ekman

HSC
I'd probably be suspicious if I were you if your school started to suddenly give out free food..
My school likes to have bbq's with the year 12's at the end of every term. Nothing suspicious really...

astroman

HSC
we have the occasional 'ceebs' lesson every once in a while when the teacher shouts the class a tray of chips.

Chris_S

HSC
Hey guys, I am just wandering when writing a prac, for instance substrate concentration in biology, where do I say that the plateau is caused due to no active sites available or saturation point. I was told I cannot put it in the conclusion. So do I put it in the discussion?

astroman

HSC
Hey guys, I am just wandering when writing a prac, for instance substrate concentration in biology, where do I say that the plateau is caused due to no active sites available or saturation point. I was told I cannot put it in the conclusion. So do I put it in the discussion?
result's and observations??

Flop21

HSC
Discussion.

For all conclusions you shouldn't be saying anything new, or providing any new info, should just be a short linking summary.

Results I would have thought are just observational facts you see, either quantitative or qualitative, e.g. bubbles or time of reaction.

So therefore, I think it would go in discussion, because that's where you usually discuss your results. I think.

Flop21

HSC
Hows everyone finding year 12? ;)
English is the worst subject ever. I'm now understanding all the hate it gets.

It's way to subjective and opinionated. Teacher can just give you whatever mark they feel like, without being able to specifically tell you what you did wrong. So annoying.

Shouldn't they be able to tell you why you got a certain mark? E.g. you lost a mark here for not saying such and such, you lost a mark here for not talking about this thing etc. Instead, they just go "you got this mark because it was okay and didn't get this mark because it wasn't outstanding". Wtf.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
English is the worst subject ever. I'm now understanding all the hate it gets.

It's way to subjective and opinionated. Teacher can just give you whatever mark they feel like, without being able to specifically tell you what you did wrong. So annoying.

Shouldn't they be able to tell you why you got a certain mark? E.g. you lost a mark here for not saying such and such, you lost a mark here for not talking about this thing etc. Instead, they just go "you got this mark because it was okay and didn't get this mark because it wasn't outstanding". Wtf.
They should be giving you proper feedback; i.e expression wasn't clear or whatever was wrong but it seems really dependent on how lazy the english teacher is..

Chris_S

HSC
thanks flop, that was what I was thinking as I did it in the conclusion before which was wrong

BlueLucario

Star-Lord
HSC
Yeah english is really annoying. -_- At my school, they don't even bother to give proper feedback for essays, they just give a general statement about the whole cohort :/

Flop21

HSC
Yeah english is really annoying. -_- At my school, they don't even bother to give proper feedback for essays, they just give a general statement about the whole cohort :/
Yes this is exactly what mine does. They go, "this is what good responses did" and "this is what bad responses did". And that's kind of useless because I think I did what all the "good" responses did. And what is even "good"? Who knows they could be talking about all the essays that passed, which again is useless because I don't want to just pass I want to try and aim for full marks.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Hows the hsc life eveyone?
stunning. incredible. amazing. wonderful. fantastic. marvellous. sensational. remarkable. excellent. terrific. brilliant. magnificent. smashing. tremendous.

jk. *cries*

Daniellemc

HSC
I'm hoping to make it through alive then maybe more then 70

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)