2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Kap

HSC
In your opinion, do you think it'll be hard to achieve that?
Yeh reasonably hard, but it should be ok. I reckon they mark really hard, and I am pretty weak in Module B - Hamlet, of Paper 2, so i'm just hoping for the best. Hamlet is what could stuff me up if the question is shit.

Also, I have to finish my creative, and my discovery essay before Friday, so i can start learning all 4 essays and creative on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Flop21

HSC
I'm sitting here formatting business notes so I can study them... I know you guys are gonna tell me it's a waste of time, but I can literally find no good notes that are formatted as well as I like them, and yes I'm being picky because I need all the help I can get with this horrible shitty subject. I feel like I need to do this, even though I feel like my time is slipping away.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? I'm already behind on schedule. Do you think it's a good idea to say, finish operation notes tonight, study them tomorrow, finish marketing notes tomorrow night, study them the next day ect.????

I feel like I'm really behind in business, but I think if I have the content down - I'll do well. I hardly knew anything in trials and pulled an okay mark. I dunno I'm a bit stressed here can someone lend their input??? I know the syllabus off by heart, now just gotta get content down...

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I'm sitting here formatting business notes so I can study them... I know you guys are gonna tell me it's a waste of time, but I can literally find no good notes that are formatted as well as I like them, and yes I'm being picky because I need all the help I can get with this horrible shitty subject. I feel like I need to do this, even though I feel like my time is slipping away.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? I'm already behind on schedule. Do you think it's a good idea to say, finish operation notes tonight, study them tomorrow, finish marketing notes tomorrow night, study them the next day ect.????

I feel like I'm really behind in business, but I think if I have the content down - I'll do well. I hardly knew anything in trials and pulled an okay mark. I dunno I'm a bit stressed here can someone lend their input??? I know the syllabus off by heart, now just gotta get content down...
You've still got a long time till your business exam so I say don't worry about past papers and know your content. Because if you do past papers and you don't know your content then what's the point? You can't build a building without the foundation, the foundation is your notes, past papers build the rest of the building but what's a building without a foundation?

Flop21

HSC
You've still got a long time till your business exam so I say don't worry about past papers and know your content. Because if you do past papers and you don't know your content then what's the point? You can't build a building without the foundation, the foundation is your notes, past papers build the rest of the building but what's a building without a foundation?
Okay yeah thanks, okay I'll just do what I said, format the notes each night + study a topic in the day.

Thunderstorm

HSC
Anyone else not care AS MUCH anymore? Like trials I was stressed af. HSC I'm like well ok, I guess I'll study. Now I'm more keen to get through the month and get on with life. Anyone else?

leehuan

HSC
Does it make sense if I say I'm stressed but not stressed then? Because I am stressed for English (all jokes aside) but mainly cause my motivation to study for it is 0. I'm still trying with the other three courses I do.

Thunderstorm

HSC
Does it make sense if I say I'm stressed but not stressed then? Because I am stressed for English (all jokes aside) but mainly cause my motivation to study for it is 0. I'm still trying with the other three courses I do.
Think I'm on a similar tangent tbh. Whenever I study English it feels like I'm wasting my time, getting 0 benefit opposed to other subs. Then I start questioning my study leading to further procrastination leading to further stress, etc. But then eventually I'm like, I've done this before, got an average mark, I'll pass through this and be intoxicated sometime soon.

leehuan

HSC
Doesn't help me that I want a 97 ATAR. I've since dropped my ATAR aim to 92 and changed my uni course preferences. (Naturally, on UAC I still have the 97 ATAR as my optimistic #1 option.)

Flop21

HSC
anyone else proctrastinate by doing math questions? Like when i can't be bothered learning more chem/bio/phys, and i know i have to study, i always grab a maths paper and do it. The bad thing is im already confident with 2u math though so even though im not really wasting time, i should be prioritising better, as im know im gonna get a B6 in math, but not so completely sure i'll get a high band 5 in bio or physics.
Yeah. But difference is I'm shit at them and get annoyed / bored by the 8th question.

Make a plan, or even weekly plan, set goals each day and just do that, so you don't go off and do something you haven't planned to do.

Flop21

HSC
Yeh I still have to write my creative and my discovery essay (have half of my creative which i wrote today... and nothing on discovery essay yet), and everytime i sit down to write something for english it takes up WAAYY too long and i feel like i'm wasting time. Like in the 6 hours i spent writing half my creative i could have learnt the rest of industrial chem, or learnt most of quanta to quarks in physics. I don't need to be wasting my time writing shit now, wish i had written a discovery essay during the year. I was like, oh yeah, i'll write an essay eventually and come trials i didn't write one, and bullshitted my way to get 9.5/15 (my worst english mark ever), and now i still don't have one even though i've spent numerous hours trying to write one. Might ask for some of my classmates essays so it can speed up my writing process by using some of their techniques so i don't have to go looking myself for many.
Tbh I'm a little stressed for you in regards to english. Try and get those english stuff written up and out the way, so you can memorising if you're doing that. GIVE YOURSELF AS LONG AS POSSIBLE WHEN ROTING ESSAYS. < overestimated myself before trials.

Maybe do english in the afternoons, last? So you don't feel like you're wasting time because you've done a lot of stuff in the day.

astroman

HSC
Yeh. I should start memorising my Module A and C essay from now then, and my 4 paragraphs from module B, just to make sure i don't forget them on the HSC, and then next weekend i can learn just the creative and the discovery essay.
serious question, how do u adapt your creative to fit the stimulus.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Daylight savings just started and I was unaware of it starting today, so it's now actually 3 am...there goes an hour of sleep time.
Same. Was doing a physics past paper, look up at the computer time and am like WTF, i've only got an hour left and i've still got to do heaps of the paper. Then look at my watch and realise daylight saving was today.

Wish i knew it was today (i thought it was tomorrow), so then i wouldn't have started a physic paper and i couldve got proper sleep.

Ekman

HSC
serious question, how do u adapt your creative to fit the stimulus.
Whats everyone's predictions for the stimulus of the creative? Is it going to be a picture? A quote? A sentence or phrase you have to put in?

leehuan

HSC
I hope that for the new AoS rubric they'll allow for a selection this time round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)