2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
I think the Commerce-y side of it will eventually get easier TBH
It's not hard.

I just miss those days when I learnt something I immediately knew how to do it. At uni I always get stuck on something time and time again and because of my overly-academic mentality I'm always thinking WHY DO I NOT KNOW THIS and that's what becomes bothersome.

I feel good when I know something.
I don't feel good when I don't know something.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
It's not hard.

I just miss those days when I learnt something I immediately knew how to do it. At uni I always get stuck on something time and time again and because of my overly-academic mentality I'm always thinking WHY DO I NOT KNOW THIS and that's what becomes bothersome.

I feel good when I know something.
I don't feel good when I don't know something.
o 3o I feel good when I didn't know something and eventually got to it after a few times. I think you need to reduce the "perfectionist" perspective where you need to hit the target on the first go to reduce the stress on yourself XD

leehuan

HSC
o 3o I feel good when I didn't know something and eventually got to it after a few times. I think you need to reduce the "perfectionist" perspective where you need to hit the target on the first go to reduce the stress on yourself XD
Very much so.

Except being a perfectionist is probably my biggest weakness.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Uni = freedom from parents, less oppression in how I dress/what I want to do with my time (less time just in my room), actually doing a course that wasn't picked by my parents (i.e. no more Physics) = a brighter future

HS = HSC stress, constant nagging from my parents about my Physics/Me doing 11Us/Me being bad at a subject I didn't even want to pick and having to stay up to 3AM to do as much as I can, having to be stuck with tutors who are not helping me as much, having to do a lot of things in secret = my future will be better (despite uni being more challenging etc) than my current lifestyle

Thank god I can actually speculate the better possibilities of the future. WOAH. WHAT A SKILL!

Lol freedom from parents. My mum expects to get difficult shit done for her now that i am in uni. This is one of the reasons why i hate being old and the only child

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Lol freedom from parents. My mum expects to get difficult shit done for her now that i am in uni. This is one of the reasons why i hate being old and the only child
What is this "difficult shit" though? Because my mum expects me to be an independently responsible child (with life in general and with chores at home) but I'm not allowed to be an...independent teenager. Its so contradictory and destructive of my growth as a human being, ahgod.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
What is this "difficult shit" though? Because my mum expects me to be an independently responsible child (with life in general and with chores at home) but I'm not allowed to be an...independent teenager. Its so contradictory and destructive of my growth as a human being, ahgod.
Dealing with diplomatic shit

MilkyCat_

HSC
does anyone else get stressed over like the one or two questions you didn't get in the exams??

leehuan

HSC
1151, whilst being the top maths and even described as the uni as the most demanding one, also has a "plot twist" of doing the topics in a completely different order to 1131/41.

does anyone else get stressed over like the one or two questions you didn't get in the exams??
Yes but stop stressing over them now.

If I desperately want to know the answer I'll discuss with friends first, but if they make more more worried I either say well **** or ask the teacher. Knowing you lost a mark hurts less than worrying you lost a mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)