• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashkow

HSC
Actually, most calculations are fine (that I can think of)! Its the "you got to really know your physics and can't fluff" questions (from looking at all my past papers and actual exams, the accumulation of 3 markers get me!)
Ok then, well if you ever need help my offer still stands. I might start a thread actually offering help with Phys haha

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I tend to ask for help from outside the forum, mainly because I need an instant respond. If you're asking why I don't ask for help for Physics in particular its because most of the time, I really don't know what I don't know and that puts me in a difficult spot. When people ask me what I have difficulties in certain topics - I can really only tell people "I'm great at Medical, everything else is mediocre).

Although, I have improved from Year 11 to 12 (on a personal level!) I went from being a barely 60% student (in exams, not assignments) to a 75% student in trials (and I have been running high 70s/just an 80 in a lot of my practice papers recently - but not timed, so inaccurate at this rate!). And with that, I know a lot of people would want to neck themselves with that kind of mark, but I'm really happy to settle in the raw mid-70s (and hopefully close to 80) in order to reach a MINIMUM band 5 :)

Asking for help on forums is really weird, I don't get to talk and voice how I really feel + give them an impression that I don't know etc and its really hard to express how frustrating it is to not know something when the other person can't see/sense it.
Nah not really asking why, but just saying I'm quite surprised that you don't do it

Yeah, you want that physical feeling of someone talking to you and explaining it to you

Do you struggle with physics work (i.e. textbook work, worksheets, etc) or do you get the stuff but have difficulty applying it to exams (that's like me tbh)?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Med, i wanted to do AoS but they said no :( (school chose lol)

Ur doing Q2Q right?
Age of silicon isn't that popular tbh. I think Anomalousdecay (the dude that moderates the physics forum) did it

Usually quanta or medical physics is the most popular. Astrophysics is one of the more popular ones but not as popular as quanta or med. I believe Baulko and Sefton do astrophysics

kashkow

HSC
Age of silicon isn't that popular tbh. I think Anomalousdecay (the dude that moderates the physics forum) did it

Usually quanta or medical physics is the most popular. Astrophysics is one of the more popular ones but not as popular as quanta or med. I believe Baulko and Sefton do astrophysics
Yeah i think I read that on the confessions page or something... Wasn't there like 100 people who did it total? LOL

Yes, my teacher said that med physics is the option we chose cuz it's easier or something, like less syllabus dot points. Also Q2Q seems quite popular (lots of notes on it on this website haha). I liked/wanted to do AoS because it was electronics and i'm into that sorta stuff. But it's fine, I got a copy of the jacaranda chapters for AoS from their website so I can do my own study on it if I got time :p

Hey weighting refers to options right? Does anyone know how good the weighting is for Med phys? or does it vary year by year so impossible to tell? Does it even really matter too much?

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Yeah i think I read that on the confessions page or something... Wasn't there like 100 people who did it total? LOL

Yes, my teacher said that med physics is the option we chose cuz it's easier or something, like less syllabus dot points. Also Q2Q seems quite popular (lots of notes on it on this website haha). I liked/wanted to do AoS because it was electronics and i'm into that sorta stuff. But it's fine, I got a copy of the jacaranda chapters for AoS from their website so I can do my own study on it if I got time :p

Hey weighting refers to options right? Does anyone know how good the weighting is for Med phys? or does it vary year by year so impossible to tell? Does it even really matter too much?
HEre it is: http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/331960/confessions-4285.html#post7186707

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Ok then, well if you ever need help my offer still stands. I might start a thread actually offering help with Phys haha
I'll probably need it, if I'm going to self learn the whole HSC course in 2 weeks (school holidays)

kashkow

HSC

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
k

gl, how are you going to approach that? do you have an HSC textbook or something? I'll make that thread now :p
NAh still got yearlies to do so I won't be able to start HSC stuff until probably next week

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You aren't gonna learn the whole course in 2 weeks lol
YEah good point, also have to read my prescribed and related for discovery and do short answer response as well as frickin creative writing

Also to all 2016ers, did you only have to have 1 related text for AOS?

trecex1

HSC
NAh still got yearlies to do so I won't be able to start HSC stuff until probably next week
you won't be able to 'self learn' the hsc course for physics. In fact you won't be able to self learn any subjects that "should" take 100+ hours over 3 terms in 2 weeks.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Nah not really asking why, but just saying I'm quite surprised that you don't do it

Yeah, you want that physical feeling of someone talking to you and explaining it to you

Do you struggle with physics work (i.e. textbook work, worksheets, etc) or do you get the stuff but have difficulty applying it to exams (that's like me tbh)?
I would say I would struggle with Physics once it becomes the point where you have to use the skills and mould the knowledge you know, so...when it gets...harder? LOL

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
YEah good point, also have to read my prescribed and related for discovery and do short answer response as well as frickin creative writing

Also to all 2016ers, did you only have to have 1 related text for AOS?

You only use 1 for advanced

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I would say that for the core topics, my strength lies in the bigger mark questions. Mainly because all the smaller mark questions require so much actual physics knowledge to be compressed properly, whereas a 5 marker would be like "Draw a photocell and tell us how it works!!! AC over DC?! Superconductors!!!!!!!!!!!"

Medical Physics :) If I was getting close to 100% in Q2Q, I think I would've been good at Physics in general o:
Nice, i do medical as well. Thats quite impressive, atleast you know you have one section of the paper down pat.
I haven't actually done very many questions yet as I only just managed to finish my notes on medical. I know most of it, so will start doing questions ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)