2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
For trials, I got a curveball. "Feelings of pleasure and excitement" (my prescribed was purely on scientific discovery & the reassessing of discoveries). When you get a curveball, you need to sit down and ask yourself if you agree or disagree with the question

Yeah, lets hope you're not braindead for this one, huh, hun?
Was your prescribed text a short story of nearly everything?

What do you mean agree/disagree?

Maybe you can contribute that to my AOS essay thread so then it can help others out

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
For trials, I got a curveball. "Feelings of pleasure and excitement" (my prescribed was purely on scientific discovery & the reassessing of discoveries). When you get a curveball, you need to sit down and ask yourself if you agree or disagree with the question
100% agree.
I think when you get a curveball, you should automatically try disagreeing with it. Unless you're a god and can adapt to the question

trecex1

HSC

Yeah, lets hope you're not braindead for this one, huh, hun?
Tbh I don't know why you feel insulted enough that you're attacking me - please prove me wrong though eg. which parts of eco are extremely hard to grasp/understand. Oh and it is perfectly normal that no one can get 100/100 for essay based subjects such as eco.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Was your prescribed text a short story of nearly everything?

What do you mean agree/disagree?

Maybe you can contribute that to my AOS essay thread so then it can help others out
My prescribed text was the documentary "Frank Hurley: The Man Who Made History" and the two biggest & best themes of that text is scientific discovery and the reassessing of discoveries - it doesn't cover a whole chunk of the rubric (if I had to guess, 1/10 of it or maybe a 2/15 of it).

So, when I got given my trial question "How does your text display feelings of pleasure and/or excitement (don't remember correct wording)", I basically wrote "Whilst the impact of discovery associated with feelings of excitement or pleasure is explored in [Text A] & [Text B], it remains insignificant in comparison to the value of discoveries in stimulating new ideas and perspectives..."

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Tbh I don't know why you feel insulted enough that you're attacking me - please prove me wrong though eg. which parts of eco are extremely hard to grasp/understand. Oh and it is perfectly normal that no one can get 100/100 for essay based subjects such as eco.
Take a subject you have a passion in (and work your ass off in to get a raw Band 6 mark, remembering that its a highly competitive and high scaling subject) and then take a random person who thinks they know it all and call it braindead.

trecex1

HSC
Take a subject you have a passion in (and work your ass off in to get a raw Band 6 mark, remembering that its a highly competitive and high scaling subject) and then take a random person who thinks they know it all and call it braindead.
Ok you work hard - that's admirable, does not change the fact that there are very little difficult concepts which you need someone to hold your hand to guide you through. You're being way too sensitive, but please do tell me why you disagree, the stage is yours.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Ok you work hard - that's admirable, does not change the fact that there are very little difficult concepts which you need someone to hold your hand to guide you through. You're being way to sensitive, but please do tell me why you disagree, the stage is yours.
I have done the Preliminary Economics course - bloody easy I would say, completely different to HSC Economics (except Topic 4 IMO with the policies). I give to the fact that Topic 1 is considerably easy (and all the concepts too if you can click with it). But the stress of preparing for too many scenarios of interlocking topics in essays and expecting to get close to a 19/20 or 20/20 - I don't think thats easy. I don't slave over writing multiple essays and tweaking them over and over again with the guidance of my teacher because some sections of the topics are difficult for fun.

Please. Explain why there are so many high achieving Physics students yet there are only 3 students with a 90+ internal mark in Economics in my cohort? I'm not using my cohort to say Physics is easy, I'm making a point that Economics isn't as easy as you make it out to be - else it wouldn't have the scaling it has.

If you said that Business for example was brain dead, I would agree with you (despite loving it heaps in 2015) - because even the essays are straightforward and don't require much thinking since they tend to have a trend and don't change much in pattern ever.

Anyhoo, night o3o/ I said what I needed to say as a Bus & Econ student

Last edited:

trecex1

HSC
I have done the Preliminary Economics course - bloody easy I would say, completely different to HSC Economics (except Topic 4 IMO with the policies). I give to the fact that Topic 1 is considerably easy (and all the concepts too if you can click with it). But the stress of preparing for too many scenarios of interlocking topics in essays and expecting to get close to a 19/20 or 20/20 - I don't think thats easy. I don't slave over writing multiple essays and tweaking them over and over again with the guidance of my teacher because some sections of the topics are difficult for fun.

Please. Explain why there are so many high achieving Physics students yet there are only 3 students with a 90+ internal mark in Economics in my cohort? I'm not using my cohort to say Physics is easy, I'm making a point that Economics isn't as easy as you make it out to be - else it wouldn't have the scaling it has.

If you said that Business for example was brain dead, I would agree with you (despite loving it heaps in 2015) - because even the essays are straightforward and don't require much thinking since they tend to have a trend and don't change much in pattern ever.
I don't know how you want me to answer that. Multiple factors? Your cohort doesn't represent everyone? And you said yourself you were able to self learn the eco syllabus, that says a lot about the content difficulty. Translating perfect responses may be different in remembering to include and structure everything, but I doubt you'll rarely be stuck on a question without even knowing where to start.

But you seem to be really passionate in this subject so I won't discuss it any further.

kashkow

HSC
My prescribed text was the documentary "Frank Hurley: The Man Who Made History" and the two biggest & best themes of that text is scientific discovery and the reassessing of discoveries - it doesn't cover a whole chunk of the rubric (if I had to guess, 1/10 of it or maybe a 2/15 of it).
Sorry to interrupt your little eco discussion... (if it's not already over)*ahem* ... but just gotta say:

No way!! that's the same prescribed text as mine for english wooo! hahahaa, now I'm curious, what's your related WLL (sorry if you've already mentioned it before, I haven't really been reading the past few pages)?

si2136

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, I have a question

Legally teachers can't stop you from doing an extension course right? Just get your parents to write a note?

So let's say you're doing bad in 3U English, you can do 4U English in your own will right?

Same with 4U Maths, although it's not recommended?

Asking this because friend is getting like average in his school but his school has a cutoff.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Legally teachers can't stop you from doing an extension course right? Just get your parents to write a note?

So let's say you're doing bad in 3U English, you can do 4U English in your own will right?

Asking this because friend is getting like average in his school but his school has a cutoff.
I'm pretty sure they can, as long as they have a good reason to do so. Some school's don't permit kids in because either they're not capable, classes are full and they can't make another class or that the student is going to drag down the cohort average

IDK whether or not parents writing a note would work at all, especially if the classes are full

3U english and 4U english are two completely separate courses though and performance in 3U english is not an indicator as performance in 4U english

I think you're better off making a thread on this

trecex1

HSC

Does your friend go to a top private/selective school? Seems fair they'd have a cutoff due to high demand.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Sorry to interrupt your little eco discussion... (if it's not already over)*ahem* ... but just gotta say:

No way!! that's the same prescribed text as mine for english wooo! hahahaa, now I'm curious, what's your related WLL (sorry if you've already mentioned it before, I haven't really been reading the past few pages)?
lol its mine too..

mrstripedshades

HSC
BTW to anyone here who did brave new world, what was your related text?
asking others too LMAO.

I was 1st in my trials but did worse than usual in section 2. I literally prepared my related text at 8-10pm the night before for BNW and just used one i was given in class, Harrison Bergeron. IMO it works very well in BNW at least for the angle my essay comes from and you can draw a lot of parallels with the two.

I was gonna use V for Vendetta but hadn't watched it for ages and I didnt have to time to pick out scenes/analyse (LMAO)

And I know a lot of people are heavily against this but im changing my creative again. My creative is my weakest section and I got 8 in the half yearly for it (just how...) and then a 12 with my new one which still dragged me down a lot (with a good mark I would easily be 1st and not just by a mark or two).

I thought of a good atmosphere and something I can link back to discovery, its kind of weeb influenced though lmao

meDAawesome

HSC
This time of school is like so depressing and super exciting at the same time. Like saying goodbye to all my teachers and stuff is really saddening but at the same time I'm sooo excited to get this shit over and done with and just go to uni already.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
This time of school is like so depressing and super exciting at the same time. Like saying goodbye to all my teachers and stuff is really saddening but at the same time I'm sooo excited to get this shit over and done with and just go to uni already.
You'll get over it

BTW when's everyone's graduation? Is it this week or next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)