• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trecex1

HSC
Self learnt the first two topics for Economics :,)
Economics is a pretty braindead subject though, having finished the hsc course for chem, phys is surprising hard (just finished the space module), questions are really testing your understanding in hypothetical situations rather than just word for word from the syllabus. THere's no way I would have understood anything from reading a textbook.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Economics is a pretty braindead subject though, having finished the hsc course for chem, phys is surprising hard (just finished the space module), questions are really testing your understanding in hypothetical situations rather than just word for word from the syllabus. THere's no way I would have understood anything from reading a textbook.
Then use youtube vids

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Nice, i do medical as well. Thats quite impressive, atleast you know you have one section of the paper down pat.
I haven't actually done very many questions yet as I only just managed to finish my notes on medical. I know most of it, so will start doing questions ASAP.
Hehehehe, love love love Medical! MRI was a bit iffy for me so I'll have to check out the textbook soon just in case

I think you completely undermine Economics - seeing it still has the same scaling that Chemistry and Physics undergo, apparently its not braindead enough for the cohort of 5000 to easily succeed in with raw marks :)

I have finished the Physics and Economics course as a HSC student as a student who is utterly weak at Science - I think I know what I'm saying.

Anyone can easily read and learn (give or take, the foundation of any subject) - but that doesn't mean they will get 100/100 for everything they do in the HSC. Means they aren't completely going to be ??? through every lesson.

And once again, Economics is not a braindead subject when I work my ass off for a raw 90+ internal mark :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
BTW I've already asked this question but no one seemed to answer but how many essays have we all written for the whole of yr 12 and how many essays do we send in for feedback on a weekly basis?

trecex1

HSC
Then use youtube vids
They don't help...you might think you know the theory from watching a youtube vid, but you don't know how to apply it in answering questions that take it out of context.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
BTW I've already asked this question but no one seemed to answer but how many essays have we all written for the whole of yr 12 and how many essays do we send in for feedback on a weekly basis?
For English? I have 4 essays and 1 creative that I prepared over the year. I do not send it to my teacher for feedback (because I'm cheating and I have a tutor I like to work with better)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
They don't help...you might think you know the theory from watching a youtube vid, but you don't know how to apply it in answering questions that take it out of context.
Are you a 2017er? I don't think you say one method of studying/learning ahead is completely redundant - the person who received a 95/100 internal mark in my cohort took in EVERY method of studying and learnt ahead Space and Motors & Generators in Term 1

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
lel is it bc most youtube vids don't align to the HSC syllabus? You can probably watch it and then ask ppl on this forum for help (like how Kashkow is offering this help to benefit his HSC)
For English? I have 4 essays and 1 creative that I prepared over the year. I do not send it to my teacher for feedback (because I'm cheating and I have a tutor I like to work with better)
Doesn't seem much IMO. Is this for AOS or for All 3 mods and AOS?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
lel is it bc most youtube vids don't align to the HSC syllabus? You can probably watch it and then ask ppl on this forum for help (like how Kashkow is offering this help to benefit his HSC)

Doesn't seem much IMO. Is this for AOS or for All 3 mods and AOS?
In all honesty, I'm a rote-learner to the core. So, four essays is enough for me :) AOS & Mods!

Works for me, but you need to remember that I kept altering these essays over and over and over until they were deemed finished.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
In all honesty, I'm a rote-learner to the core. So, four essays is enough for me :) AOS & Mods!

Works for me, but you need to remember that I kept altering these essays over and over and over until they were deemed finished.
What?? That doesn't seem much, I don't know how you're going to adapt your essay easily? You you tried practicing adapting through doing essay questions?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Oh god, you just reminded me that i still have to write my mod b essay, and fix my other three.
Soo much to do for english :(

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
What?? That doesn't seem much, I don't know how you're going to adapt your essay easily? You you tried practicing adapting through doing essay questions?
Its honestly not as hard as you make it out to be. If you write your essay strategically you can get it to cover most, if not all, the sections of the rubric.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
For each essay, I was tested under exam conditions (like, my assessment marks were actually a factor of importance) and I received a 19/20 (Mod A) for one and an 18/20 (Mod C). In the trials, I adapted once again and received a 18/20 for Mod A, 17/20 for Mod B and 16/20 for Mod C - I did fuck up Mod C, ran out of time and I didn't study for that one.

In Term 1 of Year 12, I received a 14/15 for my AOS (the question was generic). And in the trials, I received a 14/15 and I adapted, I'll get a picture up of my essay.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Its honestly not as hard as you make it out to be. If you write your essay strategically you can get it to cover most, if not all, the sections of the rubric.
But what if you get a curveball question that doesn't fully relate to your essay?

trecex1

HSC
Are you a 2017er? I don't think you say one method of studying/learning ahead is completely redundant - the person who received a 95/100 internal mark in my cohort took in EVERY method of studying and learnt ahead Space and Motors & Generators in Term 1
1. Yes..though having finished the prelim/hsc courses for 3u/chem I'm quite familiar with how fast you should learn 2. I did not say learning ahead was redundant, i said self learning certain subjects including physics is not viable from experience so far (although economics is, planning to do that during the summer holidays).

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
For each essay, I was tested under exam conditions (like, my assessment marks were actually a factor of importance) and I received a 19/20 (Mod A) for one and an 18/20 (Mod C). In the trials, I adapted once again and received a 18/20 for Mod A, 17/20 for Mod B and 16/20 for Mod C - I did fuck up Mod C, ran out of time and I didn't study for that one.

In Term 1 of Year 12, I received a 14/15 for my AOS (the question was generic). And in the trials, I received a 14/15 and I adapted, I'll get a picture up of my essay.
No need, I was just curious

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
1. Yes..though having finished the prelim/hsc courses for 3u/chem I'm quite familiar with how fast you should learn 2. I did not say learning ahead was redundant, i said self learning certain subjects including physics is not viable from experience so far (although economics is, planning to do that during the summer holidays).
TBH it really depends on the individual and what they plan to get out of it tbh

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
But what if you get a curveball question that doesn't fully relate to your essay?
For trials, I got a curveball. "Feelings of pleasure and excitement" (my prescribed was purely on scientific discovery & the reassessing of discoveries). When you get a curveball, you need to sit down and ask yourself if you agree or disagree with the question

Yeah, lets hope you're not braindead for this one, huh, hun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)