2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoStoked

HSC
Far out these gaps between classes are killing me. 3 hours between Ancient History and English Advanced. I can't even go off campus.
I know I should be utilising my time but I work best of a night. Too many distractions during the day.

leehuan

HSC
My Economics class is so rude to my teacher, my friend and I are probably the only one who listen and read the notes - reflective in our marks, of course - so maybe he gave up and ran away ; ;?
Oh gd
wot lol

from Year 10 and up most teachers let us use our phones as we please

although some got annoyed when you were on it while they were talking, but others didn't care at all
I went to a Catholic school. What did you expect when it came to strictness?

leehuan

HSC
I'll admit, when I saw the types of questions they asked in UMAT I was like NO I AM OUT.

XCC

HSC
wot lol

from Year 10 and up most teachers let us use our phones as we please

although some got annoyed when you were on it while they were talking, but others didn't care at all
Catholic schooles 0 phone policy, even at recess/lunch. Some schools are so strict if it's even in your pocket you'll get a detention. Personally, I believe phones are a great education tool. It's stupid!!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I'll admit, when I saw the types of questions they asked in UMAT I was like NO I AM OUT.
The good thing is that it's multiple choice, which can mean.... process of elimination!

leehuan

HSC
Catholic schooles 0 phone policy, even at recess/lunch. Some schools are so strict if it's even in your pocket you'll get a detention. Personally, I believe phones are a great education tool. It's stupid!!
Hide it in your blazer lol.

However I don't believe phones are superior to computers in the classroom. And computers can be used at lunch/recess in the library at our school anyway

My school wasn't the worst though. They just didn't want to see the phones out; if we were walking and the phone fell out of our pocket or some shit they'd actually point it out.
The good thing is that it's multiple choice, which can mean.... process of elimination!
Not every question can be done by elimination in the UMAT

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I think my mum wants me to, in hopes that if I do well I'd change my mind and decide to become a doctor.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Better to start preparing now because the UMAT is in the time when most schools do their trials!
I think my mum wants me to, in hopes that if I do well I'd change my mind and decide to become a doctor.
Getting into medicine shouldn't be influenced by what your mum, dad etc. says. You know what's best and where your interests lie so go for what you believe you will enjoy doing for times ahead.
Yeah just for the lols tho
R.I.P $250 we will remember.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Getting into medicine shouldn't be influenced by what your mum, dad etc. says. You know what's best and where your interests lie so go for what you believe you will enjoy doing for times ahead.
Nah, ahaha I'm not interested in the medical field at all. It's just my mum is convinced that if I don't become an engineer, doctor or dentist I will end up homeless leleel
tfw when wanting to become a lawyer is no longer good enough

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Nah, ahaha I'm not interested in the medical field at all. It's just my mum is convinced that if I don't become an engineer, doctor or dentist I will end up homeless leleel
tfw when wanting to become a lawyer is no longer good enough
My dad kept giving me different career ideas, he doesn't trust my choice lmao
"Hey xin, you should open a child care centre, lot of money. Your mum can help too"
"Hey xin, be a teacher, your atar can probably get in. Long hols and alright pay"
"Hey xin, be a pharmacist" (bruh atar is like 95 )
"Hey xi-"
no.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
My dad kept giving me different career ideas, he doesn't trust my choice lmao
"Hey xin, you should open a child care centre, lot of money. Your mum can help too"
"Hey xin, be a teacher, your atar can probably get in. Long hols and alright pay"
"Hey xin, be a pharmacist" (bruh atar is like 95 )
"Hey xi-"
no.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
What do you actually want to be?(dont say not a brickie lelel)

my dad doesnt care though, he just says do whatever you want to do, just make sure that you excel at whatever it is.

my mum though..lol
i wanted to do computer science at one point (still might actually, combined with law. have to go learn to be good at 3u/ 4u? maths though)
so she did some 'research' and was like nah theres no jobs in computer science, only in software engineering. so just become an engineer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)