2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Yup it looks I am doing quite well in Phys and Chem rank plus overall marks. But I am ashamed I should be topping subjects like Eco and Modern! :evilfire:

Modern and Eco were my dream subjects I was destined to top in. ! Looks like I needa drop them but I am not going to at all. I can't believe I screwed up in these two, its probably becoz I became too nervous to do well in them and had high expectations of myself.
It's ok

It's just prelims

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Yup it looks I am doing quite well in Phys and Chem rank plus overall marks. But I am ashamed I should be topping subjects like Eco and Modern! :evilfire:

Modern and Eco were my dream subjects I was destined to top in. ! Looks like I needa drop them but I am not going to at all. I can't believe I screwed up in these two, its probably becoz I became too nervous to do well in them and had high expectations of myself.
dunno about eco, but why aren't you doing well in modern atm?

you seem fairly capable of making an argument (judging from all the politics/feminism/whatever posts)
that and a being decently good at remembering things are all you really need in modern

Simorgh

HSC
dunno about eco, but why aren't you doing well in modern atm?

you seem fairly capable of making an argument (judging from all the politics/feminism/whatever posts)
that and a being decently good at remembering things are all you really need in modern
Cheers. In class I am always arguing and challenging my Modern teacher, plus I feel I know more than the rest of the class does but I just always go off topic and go into detail which is not necessary.

I will tell you a story, last year in Yr 10 when we were doing a test for History there was a 5 mark question on Communism's role in the Cold War. I knew so much and was really passionate about that one topic that I ended up stupidly writing 4 whole pages about it asking for extra paper, when we were only supposed to write a quarter of page answer lol. You can just imagine what I have been doing in these recent tests!

I am not doing that bad in Modern or even Eco for that matter, just not at the level I should be at. I will be honest I hardly ever put any time into these two subjects, only study a day or 2 before the test. My Parents are putting so much pressure on me to focus on subjects like Physics, Chem and Maths whereas they think Eco and Modern are more or less bludge subjects which don't need much time or study. They are pretty hard to convince. :(

I am not doing that bad in Modern or even Eco for that matter, just not at the level I should be at.

Last edited:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Cheers. In class I am always arguing and challenging my Modern teacher, plus I feel I know more than the rest of the class does but I just always go off topic and go into detail which is not necessary. I will tell you a story, last year in Yr 10 when we were doing a test for History there was a 5 mark question on Communism's role in the Cold War. I knew so much and was really passionate about that one topic that I ended up stupidly wrote 4 whole pages about it asking for extra paper, when we were only supposed to write a quarter of page answer lol. You can just imagine what I have been doing in these recent tests!

I am not doing that bad in Modern or even Eco for that matter, just not at the level I should be at. I will be honest I hardly ever put any time into these two subjects, only study a day or 2 before the test. My Parents are putting so much pressure on me to focus on subjects like Physics, Chem and Maths whereas they think Eco and Modern are more or less bludge subjects which don't need much time or study. I am not doing that bad in Modern or even Eco for that matter, just not at the level I should be at.
But you should definitely prioritize economics over modern history. If you're doing equally as well in both right now.

Orwell

HSC
Has anyone done an assignment last minute and stayed up all night (not because I'm doing that or anything....)

Orwell

HSC
It's just the regret, it's eating me alive.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Have a great day to you all as I will be getting off bos and not going to be using it for the rest of the day

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Yeah Legal was my favourite subject (closely followed my Modern) in Year 11 and I loved it and my teacher so much but in the end my grades just never reflected how much effort I was putting in (even though I was coming first) so in the end I dropped it which no one expected lol.

Cheers. In class I am always arguing and challenging my Modern teacher, plus I feel I know more than the rest of the class does but I just always go off topic and go into detail which is not necessary.

I will tell you a story, last year in Yr 10 when we were doing a test for History there was a 5 mark question on Communism's role in the Cold War. I knew so much and was really passionate about that one topic that I ended up stupidly writing 4 whole pages about it asking for extra paper, when we were only supposed to write a quarter of page answer lol. You can just imagine what I have been doing in these recent tests!

I am not doing that bad in Modern or even Eco for that matter, just not at the level I should be at. I will be honest I hardly ever put any time into these two subjects, only study a day or 2 before the test. My Parents are putting so much pressure on me to focus on subjects like Physics, Chem and Maths whereas they think Eco and Modern are more or less bludge subjects which don't need much time or study. They are pretty hard to convince. :(

I am not doing that bad in Modern or even Eco for that matter, just not at the level I should be at.
I had a friend like that in Modern. She ended up learning her lesson in prelim when she spent sooo long on one essay and (she was sitting directly in front of me) sir kept telling her to move on to the next one but she just didn't and it turns out she never attempted the third essay as she had spent too long on the first two :(

Has anyone done an assignment last minute and stayed up all night (not because I'm doing that or anything....)
The worst I've done was stay up 'til 4am for 4 nights straight the week before my historical investigation was due lol

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have several times-but I couldn't stay up all night-more like 2/3am max, and they were experiences that I try to avoid since it really is not pleasant.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Lets make a 2017ers BOS Meet up after half-yearlies

mollytee

HSC
Ahh good times. I have two half yearly exams tomorrow and I've barely studied at all. I don't know how to kick these habits. Any tips on cramming?

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Ahh good times. I have two half yearly exams tomorrow and I've barely studied at all. I don't know how to kick these habits. Any tips on cramming?
Bullet point all the main points into key words.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
tbf if you have to memorise *that* many creatives you're doing it wrong

si2136

HSC
N/A
Why remember creative ffs, I only remember reports and essays

Sxerks3

HSC
Hi,
My name is Sxerks3. I am currently studying Mathematics Ext. 1 (close to Ext 1. Accelerated), English (Standard), Biology, Business Studies, Music Course 1, and Software Design and Development. In my freetime, I do a lot of studying (particularly, mathematics), and quite a bit of programming. I play the piano, and was level 6 until I stopped. Now, I just play for leisure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)