2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
If we were born a year earlier our lives would be so much easier....lol. Too bad 2017 cohort is the most competitive one thats come around in a long time :(
lol dayum..expecting a shit load of state ranks. Is there like one beastly person or like everyone is state rank material?

si2136

HSC
N/A
If we were born a year earlier our lives would be so much easier....lol. Too bad 2017 cohort is the most competitive one thats come around in a long time :(
That's with every school

Dem NSBH

nununana

HSC
N/A
back on BOS after prelims are over.. i got my marks back for 4 subjects today (one in every class, fml) it was so brutal...
i totally failed maths lol. class avg for 3u was 32/60 and i got below average LOL :/
Dude, I got my 3U maths test back today and the average out of the whole cohort was 14/40. BUT, the accelerated maths class' average was fukn' 32/40 :O Like dayum, what the hell is with that dramatic difference

si2136

HSC
N/A
Every school be like finish their half yearlies

My half yearlies are so close to the yearlies lmao

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
back on BOS after prelims are over.. i got my marks back for 4 subjects today (one in every class, fml) it was so brutal...
i totally failed maths lol. class avg for 3u was 32/60 and i got below average LOL :/
Remember the Median is a better method to measure your performance unless you have the standard deviation as well as the mean.

bunnykun

HSC
lol dayum..expecting a shit load of state ranks. Is there like one beastly person or like everyone is state rank material?
the teachers at ruse are all saying that our grade is the most competitive (i guess they mean hard working? or "smart") grade. Ofc with every grade you'd get really bright people, but for the 2017 cohort there's a lot more hardworking people. My tutor said before that someone who is ranked top 10 in hornsby for the 2016 year probably wouldn't even rank in top 60s for the 2017 year. Year below us is also pretty intense apparently. Didn't they also bump up the selective school entry scores when our grade did it? Otherwise too many people would get accepted by the old standards, or something?

patttyy

HSC
Wait do every school do an external exam at the end of the yr?
I'm in the middle of half yearlies atm, and then got yearlies end of next term because technically year 12 starts in term 4.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
the teachers at ruse are all saying that our grade is the most competitive (i guess they mean hard working? or "smart") grade. Ofc with every grade you'd get really bright people, but for the 2017 cohort there's a lot more hardworking people. My tutor said before that someone who is ranked top 10 in hornsby for the 2016 year probably wouldn't even rank in top 60s for the 2017 year. Year below us is also pretty intense apparently. Didn't they also bump up the selective school entry scores when our grade did it? Otherwise too many people would get accepted by the old standards, or something?
lol i swear teachers say this shit to every cohort..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)