2018 HSC+ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Karldahemster

Student
HSC
I think I might have some sort of marking issue with my MX2 exam but not sure if its just alignment this year or poor performance or both.

I got 76 for MX2 with an exam mark of 64 and an assessment mark of 87. 23 mark difference. Coincidentally my assessment mark was 64 and my worst result was trials I got 60%.

I was ranked first and although I knew I didn't perform that well in the exam I knew that I got atleast 50%, most likely 55-60%, and considering this year's difficulty, and 2017 alignment (53 raw -> 85 aligned), I was expecting atleast 83+ as my aligned exam mark.

A mark of 64 aligned is so low that I've never even seen someone get it, would that be around 35-40% raw? I know I did better than that comparing with marking criteria.

Are other 4u students getting their expected results? I'll be buying a results check + raw mark report but just wondering what the likelihood is that something did actually occur with my exam.
Exact same thing for me thought 55% raw and got 73 exam mark.

Last edited:

jryl

HSC
Yea I've just gone over solutions again being extremely harsh and the lowest I can imagine is 50-53% :/

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone from previous HSC years know how accurate ATAR calculators are?
I would say it depends largely on what ATAR you are looking at. Cause for anything higher than 95, I found that me and friends got essentially what the calculators said (only a 0.5 difference for most of my friends at max, for me it was like 0.1 higher), but below that it could vary a bit. I would say thats cause the cohort of students in the middle will vary more for subjects compared to the top which would be fairly consistent

Cujo10

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a way to see the unmoderated mark ?

HoldingOn

HSC
Did everyone else just download the UAC app? The website is a minefield to navigate...

ofwgkta

HSC
Maths Advanced
Assessment 97
Exam 100
HSC Mark 99
I'm happy with this but curious if anyone that state ranked in maths advanced got an exam mark less than 100 (aligned).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Overall i'm really happy with how i went, but i'm shocked by the disparity between my internal and external marks for history extension and general maths. ATAR calcs have been around 93. Really hope they're accurate as my goal was 91.

Eng adv 88

Eng ex 48 (49 hsc, 46 internal)

Modern his 88

His ex 38 (44 hsc, 32 internal)

Legal 93

Gen maths 87 (91 hsc, 82 internal)

The 12 and 9 mark disparity between hsc and internals is huge, really sad about that. Even though my ranks were admittedly quite low, my school is top 20 so i was surprised by how poor they turned out to be.
Flash back to HSC English and Economics for internals vs externals disparity for me. Hopefully you'll be able to get into what you want to.

D94

HSC
N/A
I think I might have some sort of marking issue with my MX2 exam but not sure if its just alignment this year or poor performance or both.

I got 76 for MX2 with an exam mark of 64 and an assessment mark of 87. 23 mark difference. Coincidentally my assessment mark was 64 and my worst result was trials I got 60%.

I was ranked first and although I knew I didn't perform that well in the exam I knew that I got atleast 50%, most likely 55-60%, and considering this year's difficulty, and 2017 alignment (53 raw -> 85 aligned), I was expecting atleast 83+ as my aligned exam mark.

A mark of 64 aligned is so low that I've never even seen someone get it, would that be around 35-40% raw? I know I did better than that comparing with marking criteria.

Are other 4u students getting their expected results? I'll be buying a results check + raw mark report but just wondering what the likelihood is that something did actually occur with my exam.
Alignment affects both the exam and assessment mark. This can be only 2 things - either you were marked incorrectly, or you genuinely got those marks for the exam.

PCNQQn2

HSC
N/A

Your raw mark was in the low 40s, around 42 or 43. That gap between your exam mark and assessment mark is very large. I would suggest getting a clerical recheck.

Robrules3

HSC
Could someone provide a link to where exactly on the UAC site we go to? Or is it a tab that only pops us at 9am or something?

edit: just downloaded the app and will use it instead since there is a check your atar option on the front menu, much easier

Last edited:

jryl

HSC
95.15 very happy but still hope my 4u mark is wrong haha congrats everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)