2021 Year 9 application (2 Viewers)

wzsmartypants

HSC
Hi all! I came to Australia from overseas in October 2019 and is currently trying to apply for a selective school for year 9. I only have one report which is from semester 1 2020.
I'm currently in Leichhardt High but not the selective stream. I am an Australian citizen.
My school choices are
1 Sydney boys 2 North Sydney boys and 3 Leichhardt.
I got 6 As 2Bs and 2Cs for my only report and for extracurricular
I played basketball for 6 years and played Under 16s Basketball for the school team and basketball club outside of school
Do you guys think I have a big chance of making Sydney boys since there are 30 vacancies??? Plzzz help!!!

wzsmartypants

HSC
They're two different schools..
for Sydney boys application they only ask for stuff I've done in 2019 and 2020, I got here during October of 2019, and I haven't done a lot of things in 2020 due to covid

wzsmartypants

HSC
No, what I mean is that if you can get into North Sydney, you can definitely make Sydney Boys. So it is literally a waste of space to put north Sydney after sydney.
but for North Sydney you take a test and for Sydney boys you don't

wzsmartypants

HSC
Ehhh should be fine then. It would look good on a report with straight A's but those subjects are rubbish subjects hahaha jkjkjk but schools tend to overlook these non-essential subjects.
Haha lol I'm so anxious right now because I will be mailing my applications tmrw. The deadline is next Friday. You got any tips or anything that would help? thx

idkkdi

HSC
Haha lol I'm so anxious right now because I will be mailing my applications tmrw. The deadline is next Friday. You got any tips or anything that would help? thx
North Sydney doesn’t add a new class for yr 9, it probably depends on how many people leave which means very few spots. Apply to another school such as fort street, normanhurst or Sydney tech, that’s my opinion.

wzsmartypants

HSC
North Sydney doesn’t add a new class for yr 9, it probably depends on how many people leave which means very few spots. Apply to another school such as fort street, normanhurst or Sydney tech, that’s my opinion.
thank you, but my situation is special. I only have one report, and my one and only report is not perfect. Fort Steet doesn't open up a new class either meaning there isn't a lot of spots for fort street too. My math teacher talked me out of applying for fort street since my grades are not good enough. For north Sydney, I get to take a test so reports arent that important, in my opinion, I have a higher chance if I applied for North Sydney, at least I get to know how hard the entrance test is. Normanhurst and Syd tech are too far away from where I live.

wzsmartypants

HSC
Fort street and syd tech's spots also depend on how many kids leave

Tribunal

HSC
No, what I mean is that if you can get into North Sydney, you can definitely make Sydney Boys. So it is literally a waste of space to put north Sydney after sydney.
No, not really cause Sydney boys high school has HAST test, which uses logic and it's really hard, unless you are really good at those tests. North Sydney boys, although not HAST, has an even harder test, which many people who make it in don't even complete. I know a guy who made it in, but only completed 60 percent of the test, BECAUSE that is how hard it is to get into North Sydney boys, but honestly for me Sydney boys would be harder because I am trash at tests which use logic.

Tribunal

HSC
Fort street and syd tech's spots also depend on how many kids leave
Same thing for North Sydney boys high school. But even though the test for Sydney boys is hard you have quite a large chance of getting in mainly because of the amount of spots there and your report is really good, so I think you have a massive chance of getting into Sydney Boys, I honestly don't know about North Sydney boys cause only like 3 to 5 people or even less leave each year for each grade

Tribunal

HSC
thank you, but my situation is special. I only have one report, and my one and only report is not perfect. Fort Steet doesn't open up a new class either meaning there isn't a lot of spots for fort street too. My math teacher talked me out of applying for fort street since my grades are not good enough. For north Sydney, I get to take a test so reports arent that important, in my opinion, I have a higher chance if I applied for North Sydney, at least I get to know how hard the entrance test is. Normanhurst and Syd tech are too far away from where I live.
What country did you come from btw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)