2024 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
ya'll should I do a persuasive or discursive or imaginative for eng? i don't really want to do an imaginative though...any suggestions?
discursive or imaginative
discursive is really really easy once you know structure it's like a mental checklist for me bcz i have acquired #flair and know how to yap
hardest thing with imaginative is balance & getting a good b6 idea but i like writing them so yay
persuasive is kinda like discursive but with your anecdotes you need to justify smt + pathos ethos logos etc. ; personally i don't like persuasives bcz they feel too year 1-y for me do

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
oh ok yeah persuasives I find to be easier but then i also agree with @Susu123 about the freedom. let me know what you end up picking and why maybe itll help me make a decision πŸ’€
do you have a critical reflection?

if you do, be careful with discursive because if you choose discursive, you need to make sure you're actually writing according to its conventions. if you don't, your response will be taken as a persuasive and if you state in your critical that it is a discursive - when that isn't apparent - you can lose a lot of marks

ziGma

HSC
do you have a critical reflection?

if you do, be careful with discursive because if you choose discursive, you need to make sure you're actually writing according to its conventions. if you don't, your response will be taken as a persuasive and if you state in your critical that it is a discursive - when that isn't apparent - you can lose a lot of marks
oh yeah I have a critical! hmm yeah that makes be want to do a persuasive...good point

ziGma

HSC
To the business studies people out there

for marketing - which laws specifically do 'implied conditions' 'deceptive and misleading advertising' and 'warranties' violate? is it all just the competition and consumer act? or are there more?

THANKS

its_ace21

/Γ¦Ιͺs/
HSC
To the business studies people out there

for marketing - which laws specifically do 'implied conditions' 'deceptive and misleading advertising' and 'warranties' violate? is it all just the competition and consumer act? or are there more?

THANKS
i just used the competition + consumer act and the ACL with specific sections

ziGma

HSC
Anyone willing to share their King Henry IV Part 1 (mod B) context notes with me? DM? This is my next module and I thought if I have notes on it now I can easily go through them after all the assessments are over. THANK YOU

Last edited:

hafsah_

HSC
Does anyone else's school allow a draft submission to submit too or is it just mine?

I have one for English that was due at like 4 lol but I'm so stuck and not bothered bc all I've done is half of one body paragraph and nothing else.
Also, my teacher decided to tell us today that we have to use personal language in the essay bc it says 'to what extent' but I'm not sure how to do that bc every essay I've ever written has been formal.πŸ˜ͺ.

SOMEONE MOTIVATE ME AND HELP ME PLS

mollie.rc

HSC
Anyone willing to share their King Henry IV Part 1 (mod B) context notes with me? DM? This is my next module and I thought if I have notes on it now I can easily go through them after all the assessments are over. THANK YOU
do you need the whole play or just main points about the characters. so context is like Medieval times, the paradigm stuff? if anyone has mod A that would help heaps pls!

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
y'all i don't know how to compete against people at my school that do tutoring πŸ’€

my teacher is rushing module 6 and i'm going at my own pace because of assessments and it ends up working anyway by exam time (i.e. trials) but how do i cope with knowing that the few doing tutoring are light years ahead and know everything? 😭

mollie.rc

HSC
y'all i don't know how to compete against people at my school that do tutoring πŸ’€

my teacher is rushing module 6 and i'm going at my own pace because of assessments and it ends up working anyway by exam time (i.e. trials) but how do i cope with knowing that the few doing tutoring are light years ahead and know everything? 😭
I get that, i dont get tutored either but my friends get English tutoring. They always have someone to get feedback off and i dont as much so not sure if i want one or not? I cant help as much with bio but maybe just talk to your teacher about how you feel and youre right by trials you should be caught up

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC

you realise light yrs is a measure of distance right? πŸ’€

Aeonium

HSC
N/A

get the resources from their tutoring centres πŸ’€

WeiWeiMan

HSC

learn ahead
them doing tutoring shouldn't mean you can't beat them, it's not magic
steal their tutoring resources/ use tutoring resources if u rly want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)