2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

HSC
There's really only 3 of us who are fighting for the top and everyone else doesn't really care.
ROFLLL imagine someone completely randomly becomes dux and none of you guys are it. no offence @AsuTeksu im just being dumb lol coz thats what happened to my friends cohort. i finally get what they meant by 'dux' all the time :guitar:

also dont mind me scrolling back and reading the old stuff ive been up since 3 and im bored :biggrin:

carrotsss

HSC
bump, can someone confirm this as well please?
to put things another way, it wouldn’t make sense for them to decide your marks prior to hsc results because schools would be incentivised to make really easy internal exams so that all their kids got really high marks. this is why moderation exists, to account for the differences in difficulty between internal exams at different schools, and the way it works is that the person ranked first internally gets the highest external hsc exam mark from your cohort in that subject as their moderated school assessment mark, and then the person ranked last internally gets the lowest external hsc exam mark from your cohort in that subject as their moderated school assessment mark. the moderated school assessment marks for everyone else are divided up from the sum of the remaining hsc exam marks, and then adjusted based on the relative differences between the rest of the internal rankings (e.g if someone is close behind first place internally their moderated school assessment mark will also be close behind).

the moderated school assessment mark makes up half of your overall hsc mark for each subject, with the other half coming from your own personal hsc exam mark. if all of this seems confusing then don’t worry about it tbh, just do as well as you can in all of your internal exams and the hsc because they’re all important.

tikkamassalawarrior

HSC
yeah raghib is goated, my friend who goes there is abs goated at math now, she was a D student in ext 1 back in year 11 start, now she’s like second in class for ext 1
is there homework, quizzes, resources or is it just weekly classes with a workbook?

tikkamassalawarrior

HSC
there is hw but app he doesnt check, he does have resources and he usually has exams in his class iirc, they finished all the content i believe so theyre js zooming thru papers
ah yeah i noticed that the last 2 terms are just exams. do they just sit exams in the lesson and that's it??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)