2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

Haat123

HSC
Yes thats true but its still pretty demotivating as I studied a shit ton, my rank is being carried by my last terms essay now which is also kinda annoying (i hate the essay merchants but im kinda becoming one). And I also dont feel secure in the mark cause I feel like our school hands out essay marks. It is what it is...

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
However this is because they wrote the question wrong and the answer to that wrong question was a bit out of the box which I wrote however i got 1/4 for it and everyone else that answered the question normally even though that not what the words were got 4/4. And when I told the marker this she simply said, "But we inteded the other so I marked according to the sample answer".
if they wrote the q wrong they shouldve excluded it from the exam/final mark (this happened to us once)

Haat123

HSC
if they wrote the q wrong they shouldve excluded it from the exam/final mark (this happened to us once)
Our school is a bit tapped tho. Especially this teacher that marked eco idek how she has a job she did this exact same thing in prelims and she doesnt budge from her marking so ill have to take up with the deputy if she says no. But aside from just marking ... there has to be some pre-req to become a teacher cause my friends that are in her class tell me that she deadass looks up answers on ace hsc notes and uses chat gpt whenever they ask her a question. And stuff this im done im going on a rant... all internal exams should be marked by an external educator who is qualified in that field like half these teachers are out here with 70 atars like how u gonna say my answer is not good enough when YOU cant even get it right in the first place.

Haat123

HSC
If you cant get a b6 in a subject there is no way u have the right to teach it to anyone or be in control of someones elses mark

rubypinky:)

HSC
guys im so confused, can someone explain why is it two prescribed texts for ext english

Last edited:

HSC
for the hsc, and whats realted text? is that what we studied in class or do I choose one? so if a question is make a close reference to two prescribes text? does that mean i need to mention three texts in my essay?

Last edited:

WhoseAdam

HSC
anyone else's school doinng a practice trial for the trials for any of their subjects?

roseviolett

HSC
for the hsc, and whats realted text? is that what we studied in class or do I choose one? so if a question is make a close reference to two prescribes text? does that mean i need to mention three texts in my essay?
depending on your module, you study 2-3 texts in class
in the hsc, you use 2 of these texts as well as one you pick yourself
e.g. at my school we're doing worlds of upheaval so we study Frankenstein, Metropolis, and Waiting for Godot
I would pick two of these + then also use one I chose that isn't from these

maxxxxx

HSC
i have a question but i guess this is very specific to people doing accelerated courses,
is it standard for accelerated students to get school-endorsed time off before HSC and Trials, especially given that normal year 12s will get a few weeks for trials or legit a month for hsc?
given that my two hsc exams are on mondays my school is trying to make so we dont get any but im curious to see what other schools do

HSC
e.g. at my school we're doing worlds of upheaval so we study Frankenstein, Metropolis, and Waiting for Godot
omg im doing the exact same as you. What did you chose that isnt here

nitto

HSC
we're doing if on a winter's night a traveller, life on mars and pans labyrinth + related texts

enchantedivory27

HSC
I am also doing these texts and module its a good one lots to write about.
We just started Metropolis but have done Shelley and Godot now.
For related texts our teachers gave us some ideas eg. Hersey's Hiroshima, Flannagan's Question 7 (im doing these pretty sure - i think you can do up to 2 related 2 prescribed so 4 in an essay or just 1 related so 3 total) and something about the Beatles? some people in my class are also picking their own but have to check with your teacher cant be a hsc prescribed text for another level of english or another ext module. And this is an extra thing not compulsory but my teacher said some hsc markers are very stuck up so if the related is too controversial they can mark you down based on personal bias and cos its all done online now and alone cant really be changed sadly

Last edited:

enchantedivory27

HSC
i have a question but i guess this is very specific to people doing accelerated courses,
is it standard for accelerated students to get school-endorsed time off before HSC and Trials, especially given that normal year 12s will get a few weeks for trials or legit a month for hsc?
given that my two hsc exams are on mondays my school is trying to make so we dont get any but im curious to see what other schools do
We didn't get exam blocks just one study day off the day before the exam but most of us took another day off as an unofficial study day. eg. trials exam was a monday so the previous friday was a study day and thursday the unofficial one. so annoying but the pros of doing accelerated outweighed the cons.

aqwerty13402

HSC
I am also doing these texts and module its a good one lots to write about.
We just started Metropolis but have done Shelley and Godot now.
For related texts our teachers gave us some ideas eg. Hersey's Hiroshima, Flannagan's Question 7 (im doing these pretty sure - i think you can do up to 2 related 2 prescribed so 4 in an essay or just 1 related so 3 total) and something about the Beatles? some people in my class are also picking their own but have to check with your teacher cant be a hsc prescribed text for another level of english or another ext module. And this is an extra thing not compulsory but my teacher said some hsc markers are very stuck up so if the related is too controversial they can mark you down based on personal bias and cos its all done online now and alone cant really be changed sadly
Yh my teacher said the same thing, i had to get mine approved at the start of the year

HSC
Guys does the atar do anything else but help us get into uni? Like why are a few kids at my school so determined to get a 98 or 99+ atar when their course needs 80 or smt?

aqwerty13402

HSC
I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH I HATE ENGLISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)