• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

aqwerty13402

HSC
I just came across a message on this site, of someone who went to my small high school, and sat their hsc in 2012. So weird bro. THey were at my current school while i frolicked around in kindergarten. :cry:

ziGma

HSC
HAI Guys, whats the avg. words per minute someone can handwrite? How many to you guys write and how much should the average hsc student be able to write?

aqwerty13402

HSC
From what I have tested, I am around 28-30 words per minute. I would say that I'm pretty average since I've seen people on this forum say they write 1400 words in 40 minutes (35 wpm). But in comparison to my school (which is tiny), I'm one of the fastest so i dont really know.

rosieohposie

HSC
wait just saw your subjects how did u accelerate in standard maths adv eng and modern??
omg i'm so sorry for not replying until now - i didn't accelerate, i'm doing a compresed curriculum hsc (which i suppose is similar?) for clarity here's what nesa describes the system as because i don't think i can describe as clear myself haha

"In a compressed delivery model, students complete the Preliminary and HSC courses for a subject within one year before doing their HSC exams. Where all courses are compressed, students typically do three subjects in Year 11 and another three subjects in Year 12. They sit HSC exams at the end of Years 11 and 12 for the subjects studied in those years."

i need to figure out a clearer way of describing how i am getting my hsc but will still allow me to show my subjects in my signature, welp

rosieohposie

HSC
life hacks with rosieohposie: if in year 11 you don't finish all your essays in exams and leave questions unanswered, then when you start finishing your exams entirely with full essays you will look so much more impressive!!!!!! (source: my experience. do not try at home if grades are important to you)

aqwerty13402

HSC
Is 21wpm slow?
Honestly, I think so. that would mean that in a 40 minute english essay, you can only write 840 words. I'd try to get it to at least 950 words. Again, i might not be correct but I think to have sufficient, sustained and in depth analysis you'd need to write more than that.

juststudyinghere

HSC
Honestly, I think so. that would mean that in a 40 minute english essay, you can only write 840 words. I'd try to get it to at least 950 words. Again, i might not be correct but I think to have sufficient, sustained and in depth analysis you'd need to write more than that.
@aqwerty13402 does two things here_sometimes dudes being insightful af and others hes trying to defend his pfp :angryfire: :biggrin: :angryfire: :biggrin:

juststudyinghere

HSC
nah but i agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)