2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
eddie woo, mcgrathematics as u said, science ready, organic chemistry tutor; i don't know why schools pay for atomi i found it so so so surface level
barely. Atomi has to have been the dumbest decision my school made. some of the building were covered in mould and they'd likely get sued if any schooling authority found out, and yet they thought, 'ohp yep atomi, im sure the students would use that' then spends like idk 4k on it

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
eddie woo, mcgrathematics as u said, science ready, organic chemistry tutor; i don't know why schools pay for atomi i found it so so so surface level
It was rlly good in y11 bio but the y12 bio vids quality is so bad they even telling inaccurate information :( The questions are way too easy too

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Idm the chem stuff tho it's decent

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
To The 2023'ers : Can you rank the English Advanced modules from hardest to easiest?
To The 2024'ers : Rank the English Advanced modules based on what you feel would be hardest to easiest.

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
Hardest:
Mod C (so subjective in terms of marking and HOW TF DO I WRITE A DISCURSIVE)
Common Mod (Its alr)
Mod B (Just read a bunch of academic articles since its a commonly studied/analysed text)
Mod A (I personally find comparative essays easier than normal essays)
Easiest

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
isnt that the normal way to evaluate that
no as in he made that function which generates the inside immediately when u integrate. its just something cool u can show friends. not applicable in exams.
kinda like d/dx(integratex^2)=x^2 but without diffing

Last edited:

WeiWeiMan

HSC
no as in he made that function which generates the inside immediately when u integrate. its just something cool u can show friends. not applicable in exams.
kinda like d/dx(integratex^2)=x^2 +c but without diffing
Ermm akshually
d/dx(integral of x^2) is akshaully x^2, not x^2 + c
πŸ€“

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
To The 2023'ers : Can you rank the English Advanced modules from hardest to easiest?
To The 2024'ers : Rank the English Advanced modules based on what you feel would be hardest to easiest.
Mod C
Mod B
Common mod
Mod A

Cathode_RT

HSC
Modules are listed in order of Difficulty...

Module A - Hardest IMO. Did Hagseed and Tempest and hated both. Maybe because I didnt really see what atwood was trying to do at all, and ended up writing a pretty conventional b5 essay for the HSC. With how "samey" Hagseed and The Tempest felt overall to me personally, I found it pretty difficult to show how the former really reimagined/recontextualised the latter, since Hagseed kinda just shoved the plot of the tempest into the modern day without really trying to integrate it into the modern world (like how felix goes and exiles HIMSELF to a shack just because he wants to make HIMSELF into a prospero parallel, which is a pretty shit way of "reimagining" the plot, since felix ends up with a fetish for victimisation rather than actually being betrayed or imprisoned. Heck if it were me, Id have tony "exile" felix to a irrelevant department of the makeshiweg committee, keeping him powerless and isolated like the original, but recontextualised to the corporate heirarchy of today). Again, if you can memorise a highly edited b6 response for Module A, thats good for you. But at least for me, I just found it the most difficult due to how bad Hagseed is.

oh and again

fuck hagseed bro why does this text even exist, atwood should retire already omfg

Module B - Did TS Eliot for this. In the beginning, its a little difficult to understand what Eliot is trying to get at. But overtime, after reading the poems and their surrounding contexts/modernist ideas, it becomes much easier to interpret and write about. Probably the hardest thing about Mod B Eliot is memorising all 5 poems and relevant quotes+analysis from each.

Module C - People say its the hardest module, but generally, discursives are pretty fun to write, and imaginatives are manageable if you just bullshit everything.

Common Mod - Unseen Texts are a free 19-20/20, and the essay is fine (Did 1984 - Interesting text with plenty of themes to write at depth about, no problems here)

P.S: Kinda just realised I spend half an hour ranting about Module A. Fortunately, I wake up every morning with solace, knowing I never have to do this god forsaken subject ever again.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaΝ€zΝ zΜ¬ΜΌieΜ‰Ν©ΜŠΝΜ–ΝˆΜͺ
HSC
Mod C is as evil as sin.

All the others r alright if ur good at essay writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)