• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
So... Ba(OH)2 can disassociate in water. we then can consider it through its molecular ratio. For each Ba2+ ion, there is 2 OH- ions. Since you have x amount of moles of Ba(OH)2, you have 2x moles of OH- ions. You then can do the same thing with the NaOH and add the OH- moles up. From there you divide by the volume of the BaOh and NaOH

tigermum111

HSC
second one gave u more info than needed to make it tricky. just find the moles of c6h12O6, then divide by the volume. THe concentration is maintained in a sample because we are considering molarity which is a unit/volume. hence, even if u had a 10ml volume extracted from the 200mls, the 10mls still has the same concentration.
Yeah... Thats what I was thinking as well. Its just I don't know what to do from there. I know the basic fundamentals, but I can't make any progress with it. Its really fustrating. 😭 . I hate Molarity and Molaity so much ( Anything to do with concentration, to be honest ).

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Yeah... Thats what I was thinking as well. Its just I don't know what to do from there. I know the basic fundamentals, but I can't make any progress with it. Its really fustrating. 😭 . I hate Molarity and Molaity so much ( Anything to do with concentration, to be honest ).
it takes heaps of practice mate. It's good you're doing things now. I wish I did that when I was younger lmfao. Lowkey just grind this shit out instead of your yr 10 stuff if ur confortable w the content. Genuinely, the chemistry course for yr 10 is a joke. Basically the same shit/less than the yr 9 syllabus. You can use that time better.

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
for pdhpe how do you study?
i make sure that i actually know my syllabus like i can recite it and all the subheading of it
making written summaries on my own (idk it helps me more and i can remember better if i do it myself)
and i do a lot of practice questions under timed conditions and i give to my teacher to mark

rinse & repeat ;-)

HSC
i make sure that i actually know my syllabus like i can recite it and all the subheading of it
making written summaries on my own (idk it helps me more and i can remember better if i do it myself)
and i do a lot of practice questions under timed conditions and i give to my teacher to mark

rinse & repeat ;-)
when you do writtern summaries do you try to use dot point rtaher than long paragraph?

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
dude im writing my essay for 1984 but now I have no idea if I should continue w a base essay or if I should practice a bunch of thesis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)