3 months progress, how am I going? (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
I really wish I had a before and after photo I could put up (as I'd be interested personally), however all I can provide right now are the changes in my lifts. These are all my 5 rep maxes as I'm currently on Star's 5x5:

Start:
Bench - 75kg
Squat - 65kg
Rows - 57.5kg
Dead lift - 80kg

3 months:
Bench - 100kg
Squat - 110kg
Rows - 77.5kg
Dead lift - 125kg

I feel as if these are all decent increases, however I'm concerned over the fact that I've really only moved the scale 1.5 - 2kg over this time period :(

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
thats pretty good! keep it up!

i'll do something similar when i start going to gym after this semester finishes.

Oliver04

HSC
Tim: Eat more. You can add as much weight as you can to your bench press whilst you lift.

Eat big. Drink 3L of milk, make sure you have a lot of meat for lunch and eat two big macs 3 times a week. I'm 92kg on an empty stomach after I take a dump so I'm bigger than everyone here cept quik, the difference is I just graze all day.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol 6'

i'm around 167cm, 65kg, ramadan finishing on saturday and i havnt lost any weight (last year i lost 4kg).
planning to reach 70 or more by end of the year.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I'll see what happens.

definitely gym at least once a week, i know for sure i can make gains as long as i have the resources, and im thinking of investing in some protein powder.

later on in the year i'll probably send you/quik/breezerd a pm regarding your opinions/advice on stuff.

Oliver04

HSC
I'll see what happens.

definitely gym at least once a week, i know for sure i can make gains as long as i have the resources, and im thinking of investing in some protein powder.

later on in the year i'll probably send you/quik/breezerd a pm regarding your opinions/advice on stuff.
Thats cool man. You know I'm just gonna tell you to buy those rippetoe books :p

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ripptoe and deadlifts/benching/squats, blah blah blah :p

benching is standard, i think i'll start deadlifting and see how that goes.
squats im not sure of..

Oliver04

HSC
ripptoe and deadlifts/benching/squats, blah blah blah :p

benching is standard, i think i'll start deadlifting and see how that goes.
squats im not sure of..
Omie, for the above post is there an ignore feature on here?

I'd squat, I promise you your knees wont explode :)

C

copkiller

Omie you're better off doing nothing than picking a few random exercises you like and just doing them.

You need to work your whole body.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist
put member into ignore list, win life (but i dont use it, i deal with it lol).

im still pretty wary about form when squatting (never done it before).

i'll practice with a light barbell, once i've mastered it i'll go hard (mastering/self confidence may take a while)

edit: @ copkiller, yea obviously i'll be doing the usual other stuff too, isolated biceps, triceps, shoulders, etc, but compound exercises are the way to go.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I really wish I had a before and after photo I could put up (as I'd be interested personally), however all I can provide right now are the changes in my lifts. These are all my 5 rep maxes as I'm currently on Star's 5x5:

Start:
Bench - 75kg
Squat - 65kg
Rows - 57.5kg
Dead lift - 80kg

3 months:
Bench - 100kg
Squat - 110kg
Rows - 77.5kg
Dead lift - 125kg

I feel as if these are all decent increases, however I'm concerned over the fact that I've really only moved the scale 1.5 - 2kg over this time period :(
You squat and dead are lagging considerably compared to your bench and your row..... imo you should try and correct that...

Oliver04

HSC
Omie you're better off doing nothing than picking a few random exercises you like and just doing them.

You need to work your whole body.
I'm not going to argue with you. I train for powerlifting and will be competing next year, breeze competes and both of us have pretty decent totals, but I'm sure you know much more than we ever will.

Edit: I'd rep you omie but I gots tah spread :(

Last edited:
C

copkiller

I'm not going to argue with you. I train for powerlifting and will be competing next year, breeze competes and both of us have pretty decent totals, but I'm sure you know much more than we ever will.
I'm pretty sure I was agreeing with you.

Tim035

HSC
You squat and dead are lagging considerably compared to your bench and your row..... imo you should try and correct that...
Alright, thanks for the advice. DL I'm adding weight without too much of an issue each session, squats I'm straining pretty hard to do five reps of 110kg.

For body weight, I'm currently 81 - 82kg at 6.0", but was honestly expecting to be closer to 90kg by now, I think I will try and do 3L of milk a day diet, as surely that has to pack on kilos quickly!

quik.

HSC
Alright, thanks for the advice. DL I'm adding weight without too much of an issue each session, squats I'm straining pretty hard to do five reps of 110kg.

For body weight, I'm currently 81 - 82kg at 6.0", but was honestly expecting to be closer to 90kg by now, I think I will try and do 3L of milk a day diet, as surely that has to pack on kilos quickly!
I drink milk throughout the day so it usually isn't an issue, however if you aren't used to it or don't have easy access to it I would suggest post workout shake = 1Lmilk, before bed another 1L shake and the other L up to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)