3 weeks till HSC (1 Viewer)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Chill out people. This will not define you. 12 months from now you'll forget your exact ATAR to two decimal points and no one will as you what you got. You'll be doing some uni course thinking back to hsc and laughing at how worked up you got over it
Lies, it's been two years and I still haven't let go of my regrets. That number is a black scar on my soul.

cookiebook

HSC
I pretty much died in the whole "post trials slump" and did nothing for a month... Haha. But my notes were finished and in the 3 weeks I just did 6-7 hours a day (on average). If you know how to use your time wisely, 3 weeks is enough (assuming you've been studying fairly consistently throughout the year). Main advice is to start now! Don't stress, just do.
What if you haven't been studying consistently and pretty much have to relearn everything lol?

Magical Kebab

HSC
What do u guys think about this
- option 1: study in hr blocks with 5-10 min breaks. After 3 session, 45 min break, then repeat for another 3 sessions and take 2 hr break (dinner etc) then 1 more session. Takes around 10.5 hrs so say start 10 am finish at 8pm and that's 7 hrs.
Vs.
-option 2: studying in actual exam blocks. So say 2.5 hrs, 1 hr break, 2 hrs, 30min break, 2 hrs then 2 hr break then 1 hr session. Takes 11 hrs so say start 9 finish 8 with 7.5 hrs of study.

What do u guys think is beta

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone,

Stop throwing hypothetical upon hypothetical. The HSC comes down to two things, whether you know the content and whether you can apply it. If it takes you two days to learn the content, so be it. If it takes someone 50 days to learn the content, so be it. You still know the same content and no one has an advantage over another.

If you've done nothing all year, it doesn't matter. Just learn the content. Get notes, textbook and learn it. Then do some practice questions. If you haven't made a generic essay or a creative story, write it. It takes a few hours, and don't be a perfectionist about it. Get it read or edited by someone else, make it decent and move on.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Everyone,

Stop throwing hypothetical upon hypothetical. The HSC comes down to two things, whether you know the content and whether you can apply it. If it takes you two days to learn the content, so be it. If it takes someone 50 days to learn the content, so be it. You still know the same content and no one has an advantage over another.

If you've done nothing all year, it doesn't matter. Just learn the content. Get notes, textbook and learn it. Then do some practice questions. If you haven't made a generic essay or a creative story, write it. It takes a few hours, and don't be a perfectionist about it. Get it read or edited by someone else, make it decent and move on.
So true. Makes me wonder why we even have 12 years of school.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Holy fuck i haven't done much since trials, i will be attempting to do 6-7 hrs in exam block style. I studied throughout the year and have all my notes done, so i'm not that screwed...

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
True, but what's the better investment? Studying all day for two weeks and getting straight into your course most likely, or doing 2 hours each day when you could be doing more, than having to transfer, and opening the prospect of a failed transfer? Then you'll always be haunted by your inhibiting ATAR.
Im not saying dont study Im saying not kill your self studying or worrying to crazy extents.

So option one you get into your course great. Whether you get 0.05 above your cutoff or 10 atar points above the cut off, no on will care in a few months.

Option two is going to surprise you. If you work well and dont get into your course, guess what? you transfer in and yeah sure it may slow you a few subjects depending what you transfer from but in the long run it means sweet fuck all. youll still graduate with just as good credentials as someone who got straight in. so once again the ATAR makes absolutely no difference in the long run, it just becomes a number to get you into university.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Im not saying dont study Im saying not kill your self studying or worrying to crazy extents.

So option one you get into your course great. Whether you get 0.05 above your cutoff or 10 atar points above the cut off, no on will care in a few months.

Option two is going to surprise you. If you work well and dont get into your course, guess what? you transfer in and yeah sure it may slow you a few subjects depending what you transfer from but in the long run it means sweet fuck all. youll still graduate with just as good credentials as someone who got straight in. so once again the ATAR makes absolutely no difference in the long run, it just becomes a number to get you into university.
Well obviously this can happen, but it's less likely to occur if you studied more. A transfer, though more than probable, isn't guaranteed. It's done all the time, but I was just saying that someone could put in a bit of study now and save some stress or need to transfer later. ATAR is by no means a measure of intelligence or the determinant of one's life, but it helps.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

This is a major motivation killer for me, already knowing i can easily get into my course with EAS.

You still need to go well to transfer though, if you don't you're fucked doing a course you don't like :L

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
+1

Plus, i don't want to look like a twat in front of my family as my dad has announced an expectation of what i will get -.-
Haha when I was born by dad tossed a coin, if it landed on heads I was becoming an engineer, if it landed on tails I was becoming a doctor.

Luckily it fell on heads

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Well obviously this can happen, but it's less likely to occur if you studied more. A transfer, though more than probable, isn't guaranteed. It's done all the time, but I was just saying that someone could put in a bit of study now and save some stress or need to transfer later. ATAR is by no means a measure of intelligence or the determinant of one's life, but it helps.
True. But then for example comes the realisation in some courses you can do what you want anyway. Best example is a person who wanted to do International and Global Studies at USyd (ATAR 95) which they didnt get so now theyre doing a BA doing exactly the same subjects they would ahve done.
The basic point im getting at is theres so many ways to do what you want that getting an atar less than you want really isnt the end of the world.

This is a major motivation killer for me, already knowing i can easily get into my course with EAS.

You still need to go well to transfer though, if you don't you're fucked doing a course you don't like :L
That was me. Knowing I was so comfortably above what I wanted that I stopped working much. Still got so comfortably above what I wanted by the ego took a dent being so much less than i thought i was on track for. but then i had the realisation that its all rubbish as im trying to preach here.

Same, what's driving me is my desire for self-satisfaction lol
Thats fair enough just dont go crazy about it is my point

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Haha when I was born by dad tossed a coin, if it landed on heads I was becoming an engineer, if it landed on tails I was becoming a doctor.

Luckily it fell on heads
lol wtf

My mum originally wanted me to become an architect, whilst my dad told me to do a trade after he lost hope in year 9 due to NAPLAN results.

I got under the state average for basically all the tests, trolololol.

hsclover

HSC
N/A
What if you haven't been studying consistently and pretty much have to relearn everything lol?
Haha, as everyone has said, just start now :) No matter what somehow you're going to have to learn it. So even if you have to relearn it from scratch, within 3 weeks it's possible if you use your time well and just knuckle down :p Best of luck!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
True. But then for example comes the realisation in some courses you can do what you want anyway. Best example is a person who wanted to do International and Global Studies at USyd (ATAR 95) which they didnt get so now theyre doing a BA doing exactly the same subjects they would ahve done.
The basic point im getting at is theres so many ways to do what you want that getting an atar less than you want really isnt the end of the world.

That was me. Knowing I was so comfortably above what I wanted that I stopped working much. Still got so comfortably above what I wanted by the ego took a dent being so much less than i thought i was on track for. but then i had the realisation that its all rubbish as im trying to preach here.

Thats fair enough just dont go crazy about it is my point
lol yeah, year 11 i really cared about it just for getting a certain number. Now i don't really give a shit, i'm still going to end up in a course i like.

cookiebook

HSC
Haha, as everyone has said, just start now :) No matter what somehow you're going to have to learn it. So even if you have to relearn it from scratch, within 3 weeks it's possible if you use your time well and just knuckle down :p Best of luck!
Thanks, this gave me a bit more motivation knowing it's possible :)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
This entire thread scares me!
It makes me realise that there is still so much to do..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)