4 unit mathematics brahs! Get in here! (1 Viewer)

Ichan7

HSC
Anyone ready for the 4 unit test? I still haven't touched harder 3 unit or mechanics opps. Getting conics down atm tho :p I heard you only need to be in the top 90% to get scaled up in 4 unit?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Nop, not yet. Will worry about it after english.
I haven't done touched those two topics either :(

^ hopefully..

Does anyone know if a 60ish raw mark aligned/scaled to a 85 HSC last year (2012 paper)?

Makematics

HSC
I feel like im not ready for some reason... Not comfortable with the early topics :(

Ichan7

HSC
I don't think you can be ready for 4 unit, after the prelims easy questions, ( in the old paper Q1 -5) you're screwed. Half the stuff in the papers I have never seen before in my Maths life.

Makematics

HSC
I don't think you can be ready for 4 unit, after the prelims easy questions, ( in the old paper Q1 -5) you're screwed. Half the stuff in the papers I have never seen before in my Maths life.
Um thats the point, you dont rote learn, and then you can smash the later questions... And some people actually get insane scores, so yeah :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm so fcking ready for 4u, come at me! From previous past papers, I can pretty much get all of Q1-3 all correct, Q4-5 most correct, Q6 1/2, Q7 1/3, Q8 probs 2-3 marks. But theres still some room for improvement. I think I've focussed too much on 3u/4u rather than english tho, so I will need to get back to doing that.

Ichan7

HSC
what textbook is everyone using? I am playing with Cambridge and doing past papers.

Ichan7

HSC
I don't thin you understand, my class didn't do harder 3 unit, and barley finished mechanics :S

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Past papers, look at the questions regarding 3U and mechanics.

But the annoying thing is that all the mechanics questions in HSC seem way to easy. ie. the Banked track ones, ie resolve, then find angle which it stays on track. In books, I've seen ones where it also includes a railing at the end of the curve and they ask about height, etc, etc.

Ichan7

HSC
Uhh the proofs are going to be interesting, currently have had like no practice with them :(

yasminee96

HSC
Past papers, look at the questions regarding 3U and mechanics.

But the annoying thing is that all the mechanics questions in HSC seem way to easy. ie. the Banked track ones, ie resolve, then find angle which it stays on track. In books, I've seen ones where it also includes a railing at the end of the curve and they ask about height, etc, etc.
+1

You get hsc papers saying "By resolving forces both vertically and horizontally, show that N=..." - 5 marks

wot

Not going to complain though ;D

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Bit of a protip for those conical pendulum questions.

Whenever you see something like "If the particle remains on the surface", most likely they want you to let N > 0.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Q16 predictions?

I'm hoping for inequalities and series for the whole 15 marks

(and Q1 MC probability/permutations and that topic being non-existent everywhere else)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Probability + Inequality.

Actually, they asked that last year hmm...

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Q16 predictions?

I'm hoping for inequalities and series for the whole 15 marks

(and Q1 MC probability/permutations and that topic being non-existent everywhere else)
I'm hoping for some kind of reduction, I can at least scam a few marks of that.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Inequalities combined with recursion b/c I predicted 2012 was probability

Or I wanna see a circle geometry problem. Don't think they will do probability again this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)