• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4 Unit, should I go for it or not? (1 Viewer)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Namu, I cannot express my shock that you of all people should be asking if you should be doing 4u or not.

I've seen you on the Maths boards all the time helping people out and doing complex (well, to me they are) maths questions with great accuracy. You're also the first one to jump on anything that says 'maths' on it! I think you'd be a great 4u student and you'd be stupid not to do it. You're extremely capable and you have the right attitude. You said that you weren't too good at maths (I find that hard to believe) but you love the subject and that's what will get you through the course. You're also doing accelerated courses which prove your dedication and love for maths. Your results are also outstanding in both areas of Mathematics so I don't know why you're contemplating. If I were getting results like yours I'd be very happy and taking 4u maths in a jiffy. And we all know how hard those CSSA papers are, so I don't think you should be judging yourself on that.

Besides, if you don't think you're capable for doing 4u, what hope is there for me to do it? :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Namu, I cannot express my shock that you of all people should be asking if you should be doing 4u or not.

I've seen you on the Maths boards all the time helping people out and doing complex (well, to me they are) maths questions with great accuracy. You're also the first one to jump on anything that says 'maths' on it! I think you'd be a great 4u student and you'd be stupid not to do it. You're extremely capable and you have the right attitude. You said that you weren't too good at maths (I find that hard to believe) but you love the subject and that's what will get you through the course. You're also doing accelerated courses which prove your dedication and love for maths. Your results are also outstanding in both areas of Mathematics so I don't know why you're contemplating. If I were getting results like yours I'd be very happy and taking 4u maths in a jiffy. And we all know how hard those CSSA papers are, so I don't think you should be judging yourself on that.

Besides, if you don't think you're capable for doing 4u, what hope is there for me to do it? :)
Wow, such an inspiring post and full of spot-on recommendations. I express my sincerest gratitude towards your helpful post. I have already decided what to do: I will first take up MX2 and if I cannot cope, I will drop out of it to let my 2 Unit marks count. My school will probably will let me continue with 10 units because I might be doing another 2 units. Thanks!

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Wow, such an inspiring post and full of spot-on recommendations. I express my sincerest gratitude towards your helpful post. I have already decided what to do: I will first take up MX2 and if I cannot cope, I will drop out of it to let my 2 Unit marks count. My school will probably will let me continue with 10 units because I might be doing another 2 units. Thanks!
I learn from the best :)

And it's great to hear that you're doing 4u maths. You have my full support.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I learn from the best :)

And it's great to hear that you're doing 4u maths. You have my full support.
I will probably flood the 4 Unit forum with questions. I hope you are there to answer them. :p

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
I will probably flood the 4 Unit forum with questions. I hope you are there to answer them. :p
I think it will be the other way around! Actually, I'm quite certain it will be the other way around :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)