5 Things You Like (And Dislike) About Your School! (1 Viewer)

blistk

HSC
drynxz said:
lol thats sefton....

well neways now that im at hurlstone i can make another list and see how it contrasts with my previous post.

2: Friendly people
3: MOstly good teachers
4: Good technology (computers and projectors)
5: Easy to fit in

Dislikes:
1: Some crappy teachers
2: Long travel to school
3: Offline classes which start at 7:45 meaning waking up at 6.30
4: Some classrooms and TOILETS is a mozzie breeding ground -_-
5: Poor physical environment and compulsory agriculture (I have to do ag for HSC ><)
It's true. The toilets are a breeding ground for mozzies.

Last edited:

kypros1992

HSC
I go to St Patrick's Marist College dundas, he's my 5 of each:

2: Great people to talk to
3: Teachers who know what there talking about
4: 10 rooms with computers and laptops
5: Makes you fill welcome

Dislikes
1: Stupid annoying teachers
2: Those stupid masses (catholic school) which last for 2 hours
3: Annoying singing practises which i just mime
4: the same asshole students just like any other school
5: Crowded buses (school specials) which 3 fukin yr 9 students put on annoying sounds on their mobile and think their fully sik (FUKIN HELL)

mira.mourad

HSC
List 5 Things I Like About My School.
1 Teachers (most of them are decent)
2 the chocolate teachers give out
3 walking through the office and hearing the teachers gossip (backstabbing other teachers and taking about the students)
4 The english Block
5 the Deputies (more like friends then deputies)

List 5 Things I Dislike About My School.
1 Its a slab of concrete

2 The seniors have a ristricted area within the senior area (had a fight with a teacher becase of that. told her she had issues cos she wanted us to sit together like sardines):pain:

3 School CONTIBUTIONS are COMPULSORY!!! (obviously they don't know the meaning of contribution)

4 There is no air con and there are gas heaters which the teachers don't turn on because the gases are toxic.(mind you they only installed them this year so it was a waste of time and money)

5 The librarian.... evil lady:evilfire:

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
I go to Bradfield...what I like about Bradfield is:

1. FREEDOM! (no uniforms, you can listen to your mp3 players, no detention, etc..)
  2. FREE after-class tutoring
  3. You can access your school profile at school or at home where you can check things like your grades, attendance, etc...
  4. Most teachers go out of their way to help you if they can through after-class tutoring and recommending textbooks and ways of studying....
  5. You don't have to pay for textbooks..the library is so up-to-date and has the latest textbooks and a great range of books that can explain what you're looking for in the simplest way...plus they offer videos (educational and ones for entertainment purposes) you can watch during breaks!!!!

What I don't like:

1. A lot of the teachers are pretty crap when it comes to actually teaching..some even forget to show up to class or show up without the right, if not any equipment (mainly Biology and Legal Studies). The English staff in particular are as a whole appalling, most of them just talk about nothingness..things that don't relate to what we have to learn and write about in our tests and stuff for TWO FRIGGIN' HOURS and then they expect us the ace our HSC.
  2. School life can get pretty damn boring....not a lot goes on, we generally just come and go as we please...no dramas, exciting scenes or anything which is good in a sense but it does get dull.
  3. The lazy, bludging stoners and psychopath students can get irritating, and can become a hindrance if you do subjects that require groupwork or if they just keep disrupting class.
Our psychopath students include a guy who shows up to school with a fake six-pack and cowboy boots, boasts about how he is in the army and is a rodeo horse rider and that all his family is dead....ooo, except for his brothers who actually didn't die...and his parents who answers the phone when you call his house. The worst one is this emo idiot who wants to be a lawyer, insults people for being fat (even if they're 54 kilos like myself) and gay when he himself has actually posted videos on youtube of how he wants to do certain guys at our school and always disrupts classes to argue with the teacher about the most stupid things and doesn't let it drop and just goes on and on and on.....

That sums up the bad really...ooh and I have to take two buses to school, which is annoying.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
5 things I like about Abbotsleigh:

1. the new water taps to fill up drink bottles..
2. the fact that since its private, school finishes like 2 weeks earlier than others.
3. can access your school documents and emails from home without needing to carry a laptop.
4. school camps (but over the years they're gradually becoming worse, when i was in year 7, the year 12s got a full week out doing all sorts of awesome stuff, and now the year 12s get an overnight study camp at the northern beaches :(
5. that it's close to my house and i can walk there everyday.

things i dislike about abbotsleigh:
1. the teachers. a few can actually teach, but most of them can't.
2. the high expectations that the teachers put upon us (since most of the students were selected -- not including myself). no, they have to make every single hsc assessment task like impossible to do and have every girl coming out crying even though the hsc exam is not going to be nowhere near as difficult.
3. rules!!! so uptight about everything, i got a detention for skipping a free period because i didn't sign in with the teacher and i just went straight to the library (wtf.) and getting detentions for not wearing a hair ribbon.
4. the lack of facilities. surprising for a school that rakes in the millions each year, they invest in stupid plasma screens, that just play school notices over and over even though no one actually looks at them (which btw, 2 are right next to each other. god knows why we need one, let alone 2 of them). yeah, they would rather waste money on those instead of getting airconditioning for the classrooms.
5. the lame formals that they give us (year 10 - $50 for going to the school hall. year 11 - $100 for some boozy rsl club.)

ahhh, there are so many more bad things i could complain about..........

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Like:

i) new canteen is actually quite decent
ii) academically competitive
iii) resources are so good
iv) 90% of people are nice
v) spread out = lots of places to sit

Dislike:

i) the school spent our airconditioning money on 'vcom' and recently the electronic welcome board, in addition to making the school look like a jail. so, no air conditioning.
ii) the fact that the school now lock the gates at 9am and do not unlock them until last period - so we can't leave to buy food at lunchtimes anymore.
iii) the buildings themselves are eyesores - there is only so many different shades of blue you can paint one side of a building.
iv) the meagre textbooks our school gives us are antique.
v) the assemblies they make us sit through every week.

LouiseFaz

HSC
LIKE:
1 Newest technology, 30 flat screen computers in 2/3 of the classrooms, both windows and mac, every room has a screen and projector
2 The teachers, i love them and im so happy with my year 12 teachers this year - close relationships
3 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minute walk to school from my house
4 only 5 years old
5 has chilled filterd bubblers!

Dislike:
1 Today we travelled to tweed heads to play beach touch and we were the only school not allowed to swim in the beach in between games
2 In year 11 they only allowed us to do 12 units no less no more
3 i dont have one study period AT ALL
4 Taking a long time to finish building the school
5 the teachers chose our school captains and didnt give any of the students a vote

kyokaku92

HSC
1) Close to home
2) Yr 12 common room (includes xbox, N64 and coffee machine :D)
3) Epic lunchtime ping pong battles
4) Study/Free periods
5) Air conditioned classrooms and able to use laptop in class

Dislike
1) Evil maths exams the maths department likes to set
2) Some lame rules
3) Not a fan of Tuesday Chapel
4) No girls (all guys) :pirate:

insideout

HSC
Like:
  • Closeish to home
  • Close to shops
  • New Building even tho i never got to use it, just that they finally finished it.
  • Free Periods.
  • Being in yr 12 and being able to basically come and go as you please.

dislike:
  • the principal
  • the uniform policy- why stop and yell at me because my socks are 1mm too short, or my shoes are not EXACTLY black, they are one shade off, or im not wearing the school pe shorts because 1. Theyre bloody ugly, and 2. They dont fit me anymore so whats the point of buying new ones from the uniform shop for some outrageous price when im only there another term.
  • the school canteen "hot" food- its been sitting there so long it goes cold and discusting.
  • Certain head teachers who stop and explode at you for no apparent reason, or storm into your class and tell you off when you were doing the right thing.

Merulik

HSC
Things I Like ...
  • New school(new technology, furniture etc)
  • My maths teacher/DP
  • The principle
  • Learning environment (usually)
Thing that i DON"T Like
  • Science stuff
  • English head teacher
  • Has no place where you can your lunch , when it rains
  • Not competitive students

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Do you go to a selective school?
Yes, irvine does. We both go to the same school, so what I'm gonna say might sound a lot like what he says.

and getting detentions for not wearing a hair ribbon
WHAT. THE.
I guess Abbotsleigh... ew. Yuck. No thanks. Do they even let you wear pants? I hate skirts. Such a dyke...

Ok, MY 5 THINGS.
Like:
1. E Block is a great place to sit.
2. The new self serve canteen is so much quicker then the old system.
3. Having lots of visual arts facilities, even though we still need more.
4. The handful of teachers who are kind, caring and easy to talk to. Many of them will go above and beyond what is needed to make things that much easier. For this I respect them.
5. 80% of the people in senior years.

Dislike:
1. Having to sit upstairs in the library as the ONLY place for free periods. I like this area but everyone (up to 80 on some periods) are LOUD and I can't do the work I want/need to. So I end up sitting downstairs library and often get in trouble.
2. Stupid uniform policies. I don't care if my socks are pink, I'm wearing a school shirt, school pants and 'OHS Shoes', so piss off.
3. The colour of most humanities/english/science rooms. Blue blue blue blue blue.
4. Teachers who book their junior students into the downstairs library and kick me off the computer so their precious eggheads can use (read: abuse) the technology. Can't you see that I, a senior student, have SHITLOADS of work due and am actually working, unlike the junior behind you who is playing some sort of MMORPG crap right behind me?
5. The deletion of out of uniform days by our principal because the SRC and Prefects are too fucking scared to say anything. Represent us or resign, simple.

:drink:

shady145

Banned
HSC
its imaginery
no homework
no assessments
no competition
its umm close to home?

dislike
-nothing

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
4. Teachers who book their junior students into the downstairs library and kick me off the computer so their precious eggheads can use (read: abuse) the technology. Can't you see that I, a senior student, have SHITLOADS of work due and am actually working, unlike the junior behind you who is playing some sort of MMORPG crap right behind me?
5. The deletion of out of uniform days by our principal because the SRC and Prefects are too fucking scared to say anything. Represent us or resign, simple.

:drink:
Yes i forgot about the blue shirts/sevies
stealing the bottom floor of the library all the time :mad:

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Things I like about my school
  • No one smells
  • Clean toilets
  • No chewing gum on floor
  • People are civilised
  • Air con always on full blast
Things that suck
  • About 5 kms away from home
  • Crap math/physics teachers
  • Crap computers with outdated software
  • Annoying button up shirts
  • Having to wear socks in the summer
One more... the afternoon rush with the juniors to get on the bus. ARRRR.

bob fossil

HSC
Saint Francis Xavier's College

Like:
Having 500 people in my year. Meeting new people everyday.
Only having year 11 and 12.
Only having year 11 in term 4.
100 BBQs a year
10 cateen lines

Dislike:
Shitty chem teachers
Having to do religion
No air con
30 year old 4 unit maths text books

Enchantress91

HSC
Like:
1. Great senior area
2. Close to home
3. Friends (though most of them "forgot" about my 18th birthday during the exams... hmph! )
4. Most of my teachers liked me (I hope)
5. Teachers who actually know their stuff

Dislike:
1. Crappy library (lack of computers, dusty book shelves, roaches)
2. This teacher (universally hated amongst the students, but all the teachers seem to think of him as some kind of God.)
3. Unimaginative canteen food. Ridiculously overpriced too.
4. Silly juniors who believe that they own the school
5. Boring senior subjects. (No Modern history or Geography)

bob fossil

HSC
i prefer the older textbooks to the new ones (e.g. the old Pure/Applied books) they have a lot more interesting maths in them...

coroneous are whatever it is has the most unmotivating font and is way to crowded

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)