$$$$$$$ (1 Viewer)

OS

Banned
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Hehe- well the bank money I can't touch til I'm 18, which is 4 more months... but it is going to be for uni.
Did you earn that much $$ working part-time or have your folks put it away for you? It will will take me at least another 2 years of part-time work to earn that much! Wooooooooooooot!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
$1 for laundry
$0.75 for food

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
I have approx 8 grand. I am saving for a car and my overseas trip after the HSC.

Its also about wise spending. Everytime I go to work i dont buy hot chips and a can of drink. That kind of crap eats away at your balance! And dont impulse buy. And only buy what you really need.

0Jade0

HSC
OS said:
What if you don't end up going to uni?? Can you spend it however you like?? (Holiday, shopping spree, car.......)
Yeah, I'll spend it travelling if I don't go to uni.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I had about $15,000 last year but right now I have approx. $40.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Murf said:
car?

house?

lol

excessive clothes shopping? lol
A house in Sydney for $15,000? Oh my.. *wishes for a time machine*

Collin

HSC
N/A
Murf said:
no but you could have bought an investment property in another city / state and used the 15k as a deposit
Yeah, there were a few properties near the city I was looking to invest a slice into.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
well i had $1000 from inheritance, but i spent that on clothes shopping in melbourne... but now I have earned that $1000 back, and by the end of the year. I'll have around $10000-15000 from my jobs, provided that I don't spend all the money....

And OS, I'm warning you.... change your 'location' description. Begging for rep is not allowed. Read the anouncements ok?

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
Some of my mates have been working for nearly 3 years and they have NO MONEy or anything to show for it. That freaks me out alot...

argh!
Lol. I've got a mate who has worked for probably 2 years all up, and has like $1700 in her account, and like $2000 in her cash tin for a car... And the other day she wouldn't give me $5 freaking bucks for petrol (she owed me) and then proceeded to buy $40 worth of underwear. Cheap biatch.

But I've been working for.... 9months or so, all up I've earned around $3000 and have $400 left- and my parents bought me a car.

So where does it all fucking go?!?!?!??!

Well, say you earn $200 a week, p/pt or casual. And, you buy lunch twice a week either down town/in the city or at school/uni that's $20-25; You get a drink every day- $3, you put a tank of fuel in your car (my car, that is) $35; you go out friday night to the club and see a band or whatever and buy drinks/nibbles, easy $70; and you're maybe paying board/rent (guess) $50.

That's $201 if I added up correctly. So you're spending more than you earn already.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ive been working 3 years
and in the 3 years ive made about 25 000
and all i have is $1250 in the bank
it shits me to tears

where did all my money go?

i havent bought anything...no t.v no dvd..nothing solid ...i seriously think wtf?

and my $1250 is going to be spent soon ..so i will have nothing..

Kirsti

HSC
In the bank about $12,500
In my wallet maybe $12

About 5000 was from my parents.
The rest is from working pretty low paying jobs
I've never really been one for splurging. I'm just cheap.
My trick, dont carry much cash with you and have a fairly low daily limit on your card if you want to control your purchases. That way you think twice about anything more than your limit cause you have to plan in advance and withdraw money for the few days beforehand.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)