A discussion for the Average BoS user ~ How are you going with your Study/HSC/etc (1 Viewer)

kietkiet

HSC
> Average BoS user
> Not a Math prodigy (Shocking, i'm asian too)
> Not expecting a 90+ ATAR (although that would be cool)
> Wants to go to University (Parents say go to Uni or you'll get no where in life, i go along with this delusion, i know school is important)
> Started Year 12 this week
> Hardly studied in year 11
> Just starting to get into studying - it's been okay ..

> Curious to see if anyone else is in the same position
> How much do/did you study for the HSC (average student input > Brainy BoS user input)
> What is your ATAR aim ? (mines 75-85)

Dedication_

HSC
Only study when incoming exams. Aim 69-85 atar. Will depend on externals I suppose. Not asian, I got an excuse.

HSC
asian, aim for 95+ chickened out of 4u maths
studies 5hours per day but fked up trials big time...

kietkiet

HSC
Maybe you should stop watching too much anime, freaky girl.

funstudy

HSC
For incoming year twelves, be consistent in your study. No one suddenly does well in exams- it's about consistent effort, hard work etc. But take a break as well - otherwise you'll have no passion for study= no productive work.

Tomsquires

HSC
if i i could re-do year 12 again i would start getting ready for HSC day 1, it would be a breeze right now, wouldn't be stressing my heart out haha

Bloodstriker

HSC
Consistent study (especially for concept subjects like math) of about 2 hours a day (writing summaries, questions etc) builds up. it doesn't seem like much, but if you do it consistently 5 days a week and then ramp it up 2.5 weeks before exams it would work great. Our school the expected level is 4 hours or some bullshit and this caused a lot of the cohort to become totally disheartened.

JellyJasper

HSC
> Emerging BoS user
> Engaged with subjects
> Do not need an ATAR
> University is a second preference & overseas; USMA
> Doing HSC now.

> Did a cumulative of over 100+ hours for each subject revision (5 past paper minimum)

Gr1ff1n

HSC
You're doing exactly the same subjects as myself besides Business Services and SLR, so we can relate here. I'd recommend switching to English Advanced as standard is terrible and will hinder your atar score. If I could go back in time this would be something I'd change without a doubt.

Also. Start a study schedule at the moment, don't leave it till the last minute. Whilst your friends are flat out studying at the last minute you can relax as you've prepared before hand.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I'm not going to Uni, so atar doesn't matter to me
Haven't studied in months..... up till now
Derp
And yeah im Asian, but really lazy at my studies
I used to did physics, ipt, seinor science, japanese till i dropped all of them last year...... i sucked at all of them, and i got a pretty medicore marks for all of those. But ipt was half reasonable, i was at a modest 60% overall.....
I didn't do any rat shit in year 11

Last edited:

Memento-mori

HSC
>Need an ATAR of 73, would like to do a B.F.A/ B.A at UNSW. I do actually want to go to uni, job prospects don't concern me that much, I know the hard work that is required to make it in certain industries.
>Don't do any science :)
>I struggle in ''easy'' subjects such as General Maths and Food Technology
>I didn't do any study at all in Year 11.
>I go to LK, graduated this year. Some of the students are massive pricks to others academically. Saying "you used to be so smart" and being happy when other girls stuff up in assessments as it means ''more marks for me'' just proves the bitchy culture.
>There is a fakeness that exists within the HSC. During the course of the year, your cohort is so competitive, so desperate to get a single digit rank, those awards- and then post trials, you need to work together. So now the girl who mocked your history results, called you dumb, is now telling you to ''study.''
>I have a cousin who just scored a cadetship with a top tier accounting firm, same year as me- really scared about Christmas, I have so many cousins who came top 10 in the state in particular subjects, and are the law/ medicine/ accounting type of people.

My study this year has been on and off. I've been really discouraged by my marks- teachers have said that ''I have really improved'' yet my marks are still lousy 50. Also- I loved modern history, but ended up dropping it. I was getting really really bad marks and I love history, trying so hard yet I was failing badly. I feel that I put so much hard work and never see my results reflect it. However, I feel I'll go well in these exams as I'm being compared to the state, not just my cohort.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
> Emerging BoS user
> Engaged with subjects
> Do not need an ATAR
> University is a second preference & overseas; USMA
> Doing HSC now.

> Did a cumulative of over 100+ hours for each subject revision (5 past paper minimum)
wut, you've got 11 posts.

SoresuMakashi

HSC
I study maybe 1 hour a week + some tutoring, but when exams are <5 days away I'll switch into 2-4 hours a day. ATAR aim 99.2.

kietkiet

HSC
Why is Adv. English better than Std. English ?
Wouldn't a high mark in standard english be greater than a medicore mark in Advance English ?

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm. Not Asian.

99+ 2011 ATAR.

HD average, Sydney Law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)