• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

a hint or just politeness (1 Viewer)

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
ok listen up here dumbo!
so your living in a house with a bunch of strangers, obviously this girl wants to get to know you in a friendship way, especially if you are going to be living together etc.. like i would definately like to know who the hell im living with!
so what she asked if you like basketball, if your quiet then maybe she was jst striking up some conversation coz it seemed awkward (and to what u said she seems like one of those overly friendly girls)

geeez, i hate when guys think that a girl being friendly wants him.. damn we are just fucking nice people! if i wanted to jump u within the first couple of weeks living with u, then, I WOULD OF.

dont jump to conclusions too soon, or you might see yourself out of the house before youve lived your stay! (especially if she isnt thinking of you in 'that way')
go with the flow + wait for obvious flirts/hints. eg she comes into your room naked at night lol

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
lol got some great points right there ppl. Never thought this would start a mini conference.
First of all, I am definitely not fat, I'm 6'2 and 75kg. I think I'm slightly under weight.

Up to myself, maybe and would that be a bad thing? A guy cannot be confident without being up to himself a little bit.

I know she doesn't like bball coz I found out later that she doesn't play any sport at all which is before I posted the forum. Of course, considerably she doesn't hate it either. And yea, she's probably not the most complicated kind of girl, that's why she gave it away so easily shortly after.

And....no...I don't do an art degree. I'm doing a double degree. My UAI is 97.

So now I guess I should just let the expectation go down for awhile and just let things turn out on its own. HOW ABOUT THAT!?

bubu

dude the chick is being polite...

otherwise she would have made the first move by askin if u r available and about ur past ex's if u have any in wat seems like normal convo, but actualli go into more depth

and smart people never call themselves smart, unless u do a harvard math55 which takes ur average genius 50hours a week to finish homework and u onli take 24hour

HSC
oh well you got 97 uai and your smart, its obvious she wants you for that

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
btw MzbLaZeIT what kind of "flirts/hints" would be obvious? You gotta know, that's the thing I was clueless in the first place.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Of course people don't call themselves smart (that's against the law of smart people) unless they're discussing something on the internet with total strangers(hopefully).
And I doubt that the smarter you get, the more likely you'll boast yourself in front of everyone about your superior intelligence. Especially Harvard freaks. Coz
1. The more knowledge you have, the deeper you'll realise that you don't really know much after all. Coz those guys know they're never going to know everything in one life time. That's a virtue.
2. Harvard isn't just for people with superior memory and intelligence. That's why they do interviews with new incoming students so all of them have a purpose other than just being a guy who gets good grades.

HSC
dude; why do you keep trying to put harvard students down and try rise yourself up, just TRY your luck with this girl and if all fails who gives a shit? girls drop suttle hints if their interested or not, if you make a move and she freaks out then she isnt ready or not interested

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the one thing you haven't mentioned is whether you are interested in her and how interested in her you are. you keep saying she might be interested in you, but if you're not into her that doesn't make much difference. i presume you are a little interested but unsure about the situation.

considering that you live with her, you're likely to find out a lot more about her and see her quite a bit from now on and you'll probably become friends. i think find out more about the situation but don't leave it so long that you end up on the friends ladder (being a newbie, you might not know the ladder theory? http://www.laddertheory.com/ )

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
iambored said:
the one thing you haven't mentioned is whether you are interested in her and how interested in her you are. you keep saying she might be interested in you, but if you're not into her that doesn't make much difference. i presume you are a little interested but unsure about the situation.

considering that you live with her, you're likely to find out a lot more about her and see her quite a bit from now on and you'll probably become friends. i think find out more about the situation but don't leave it so long that you end up on the friends ladder (being a newbie, you might not know the ladder theory? http://www.laddertheory.com/ )
Don't you think the problem with 'the ladder theory' is that it basically comes down to 'well she either likes u or she don't'.... I mean where's the great revelation in that?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Don't you think the problem with 'the ladder theory' is that it basically comes down to 'well she either likes u or she don't'.... I mean where's the great revelation in that?
lol aren't all theories bs and 'revelations' to explain the most basic of things?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
iambored said:
lol aren't all theories bs and 'revelations' to explain the most basic of things?
Well I dunno most of the more popular social theories give us a new insight (i.e. marxism) but I agree there are some that are quite bs.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
So does that make you the second person coming in here with an intelligent post?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
you are analysing this situation way to much. and if you were as intelligent and high and mighty as you say, then you would have something better to do

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
And yes justin is the second intelligent person to post.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
haha...you're ruining the good image he's created for you. Just shut up for your own good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)