A1 Grand Prix (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
at the rate F1 is going, A1 will be the top racing formula

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't think so. If we remove a few people from F1 cough STODDY, MAX and BERNIE cough, and we didn't have rule changes every single week, F1 would be fine, as long as that red machine was back up the front :p

F1 will always be the top of motorsport, but A1 was not designed to challenge F1, more like a categoey over the summer / winter (depending what hemisphere you live in) break wheres theres no racing.

Maybe it will just create a new way for drivers to get into F1.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
if A1 became immensly popular then it would be the pinnacle of motorsport

and Ferrari were killing F1 from it's over-the-top-domination approach (though, if i was with ferrari i'd do the same :rolleyes: ) we need more teams to be competitive, and ot finish with 30 second gaps each race.

basically closer racing, be that through more overtaking, aero, power outputs, weight ballasts etc...

the reason people love V8s is because the top 20 can be covered by 1.5 seconds, and the amount of overtaking (in AND out of pits) is good. The problem with V8s is the shit tracks they go to (F1 and V8s have the opposite problems/advantages)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Geez ... ferrari weren't killing F1. Its not their fault that the other teams couldn't catch up. And as I recall, last season, Trulli and Kimi won a race. Which is better than this season.

The rule changes this season were supposed to help increase overtaking ... hmm ... that worked well, didn't it :rolleyes:

Atleast the V8s are unpredictable. You never know who will be on pole (unlike F1) or who will win the race (unlike F1). Theres atleast 10 people who I can think off the top of my head who could be on pole during a V8 race, only about 3 or 4 in F1.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i reckon A1 will have more overtaking and more duels than F1...

F1 sucks because they cant pass, cant slipstream unless they're under the other cars ass (and its hard as you get close but then get turbulence), their whole 'tactical game plan' revolves around a number of pitstops and how fast they can refuel/retyre etc (despite only having some 15 people working on an F1 car they're only a second faster in pits compared to a V8)

the points system sucks cock...out of the top 8 and there's no point racing, they HAVE to change that, whats the point in pushing hard to pass the 13th placed car when the only thing you end up with is a more worn out engine for next race...

give them all points, doesnt matter if theres one point difference in the lower placing, it all addds up and would create more exciting rear end duels

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Your right for once :)

But the points system in both F1 and V8 is totally screwed. I can't even understand the points sytem in V8s, its far too complicated. And the drop your worst round before Bathurst is a complete load of shit.

I dunno what the moto gp points system is like, but its definately different. Because Rossi has a 100 point gap over the next person.

Your telling me you never watch the minardi vs jordans in a race <3 them. I'll stop being stupid now.
I hate watching the back of the field, all the overtaking (one or two cars) is done in mid field. If the tv directors could get things right, instead of watching someones engine blow up all the time.

Plus, F1 cars need new boots now. Fuck this 300km+ on one set of tyres.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh, points system in both is screwed (whatever happneed to 50pts 1st place, 48pts 2nd place, 46pts 3rd place... etc etc??)

i dont get why they have to drop their best round...the championship is meant to reward those who are consistent, and if you were in top ten every race the whole year, you shouldnt have to drop points, it could mean you'd lose the title because numero uno had a DNF in one important round...

yeh, F1 should have 2 sets of tyres per race, those they qualify on and another set, therefore, the team could choose when it's best to have fresh tyres on (it would add another dimension to the racing, wear rates, green tyres, old tyres, etc etc)

i still believe the one engine for 2 race meets is good

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They have the drop your worst round to help Ambrose win! It was actually put in place so that the champion can be champion at the final round.

I rather liked it when F1's stopped for new tyres. It adds another element when something could go wrong.

The one engine for every two weekends SUCKS!!! They should remove it. Let a team change the engine 3 - 4 a weekend if necessary. The drivers have not once this year driven to the maximum, they are always in conservation mode.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ambrose can f*ck off for all i care, he'll get his inbred ass whipped by the good ol boys from stateside :) *evil laugh*

the engine rule is good...it cuts costs (making a whole new engine costs more than developing more reliable parts)

or what they could do, it have RPM limiters and enable an engine per race...so instead of screaming to 17,000 they'd only go to 15,500 rpm, it'd increase reliability, enable drivers to max out the cars (as such) and they have that engine only for that weekend...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Flipping hell, they have rpm limitors on F1 2005 for ps2. Fuck its annoying. They cut the revs if you cut a corner.

One engine for each weekend would be better. I wouldn't be surprised if max and bernie are developing a rule that states one engine for the whole year :rolleyes: That would match all the other stupid rules.

But the 10 spot grid penalty they have is ridiculous. Get rid of that!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
dont cut corners:p

and this rev lmiiter is nothing like that on the stupid games...this is just the redline ceiling, therefore one engine for the whole week could be used (and yes, some penalty for replacing it like 5 spots...or a time, a second, or 2 seconds added to their time...but not 10 spots, how's kimi going win??)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Well, its not really Kimi's fault that Mercedes are lazy shits and can't build decent engines. His time will come, and then he'll be champion. Hopefully after I die :D

Maybe you should introduce the rules for the F1. They seem really good. Better than all the other's that have been suggested and inplemented. 10 second penalty would be better if an engine did blow up.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
well, i dont have the power to implement these rule changes...and i dont think they'd listen to some 18 yr old guy who only watches F1 sparingly :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well, you know more about F1 than Bernie, Max and Flavio combined :p

hehe, your only 18, what a youngy!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i do? i have common sense and im not distracted by glamas all day *cough* you whore flavio *cough* :)

im only 18? how old am i emant to be to upto everyone elses age??

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Some people are only in it for the money and the glamour. Which is ashame. They should be there because they love the sport. Like Todt is!!

I expect a ferrari from you boys for my 20th birthday :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hahaha

Todt <3 the sport

pfffft...maybe, i dunno....lol

im not buying you a ferrari for your 20th..you're like...heaps old at 19 :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
People like Todt, Brawn, Dennis, Schumacher, and Frank are in there cause they love it. Although, with all the political mumbo jumbo that goes on, I'm sure they'd hate something about it.

I said BOYS!! Not just you braad. Pool your money together and buy me a ferrari! Sheesh, is it too much to ask for?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
People like Todt, Brawn, Dennis, Schumacher, and Frank are in there cause they love it. Although, with all the political mumbo jumbo that goes on, I'm sure they'd hate something about it.
yehhh...politcal crap in F1...whoever started it should be shot, it's supposed to be the race of gentlemen, not rich pussyboys

I said BOYS!! Not just you braad. Pool your money together and buy me a ferrari! Sheesh, is it too much to ask for?
yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)