• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion debate (1 Viewer)

Abortion debate

• Abortion illegalised

Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Tougher laws

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Keep current laws

Votes: 155 60.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Depending on how it's regulated that could lead to problems with people who want to abort their partner's pregnancy without her consent or whatever.
There is no need for consent on any current abortion laws. I don't see how the introduction of RU 486 would change that.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
spell check said:
that is the greatest thing i've ever read

you are offended by the idea of killing an unborn child - but not by the idea of killing a woman in cold blood

anyway there is a good reason that women should be given priority in the choice regarding abortion: the fact that the baby has to be inside them for 9 months.
not necessarily offended but i find it morally wrong... the Christians have a good saying for that. they call it an eye for an eye. I call it plain old revenge. I have nothing against a woman being killed in cold blood after she has found to be a murderer. It would essentially be an execution/ a crime of passion...

Yes ifcourse a woman carrying a child for 9 fucking months trumps all! :rolleyes: i mean 9 months of discomfort is definetely more important than the 70 or 80 years that the human could potentially live. I understand its a problem but it shouldnt overwrite a mans writes nor the childs right to life.

musik_junky

HSC
AlleyCat said:
there are many many women who are finacially independent, relatively wealthy, old enough to be responsible for another, and their pregnancy isnt a result of rape or freak occurence (like a woman with her tubes tied falling pregnant) who have abortions simply because it interferes with their comfortable lifestyle.
Exactly. Sure some people get their tubes tied and still fall pregnant BUT the percentage of such ppl is relatively small surely.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Serius said:
yeah ive sort of got an idea of how to approach abortions in regards to both the mans and the womans rights. Both man and woman should get a vote to go ahead with the abortion or not. If one partner decided not to then the abortion cannot go through. it is effectively vettoed but certain responsabilites must be taken if one of the two wants the baby.
- The BF who did it may not be in town. Like most boys, and Tony Abbot, when they find out about the pregnancy they run to QLD. What happens when the boy cannot be found?

- What difference does it make? The women doesnt want the pregancy. She votes for an abortion. etc

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Generator said:
Normally quite a rational person? You're nothing more than a fucking disgrace (and that's about as polite as I could possibly be at the moment, I'm afraid :)).
Wow generator you usually come accross as an informed member of the community yet all you can do is hurl insults at me? i would be happy for you to point out where your opinion differs with mine and try and deal with our differences.

i assume you find it disgraceful that i would kill someone over a "mere unborn child"?

well to help you understand my point of view... i would kill someone who threatened my family. If someone killed a member of my family i would hunt them down and make them pay. Family means alot to me and i would consider my unborn child [ lol Tupac song] worth defending and if killed, worth seeking retribution for

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
erawamai said:
- The BF who did it may not be in town. Like most boys, and Tony Abbot, when they find out about the pregnancy they run to QLD. What happens when the boy cannot be found?

- What difference does it make? The women doesnt want the pregancy. She votes for an abortion. etc
yeah ifcourse my idea isnt perfect, but it does deal with alot of worst case scenarios. I guess if the male wasnt arround maybe a member of his family willing to take on responsabilty could vote for him?

If not i guess the abortion would go ahead.. the main issues my idea deals with is when the woman wants an abortion and the father does not[ being a male i see it from this perspective] or the male not wanting anything to do with the child and getting fucked over paying child support

musik_junky

HSC
yet i fail to see how its the mothers "right" to kill a human just because that human is dependant on the mother for life.
If males are given equal responsability in regards to childcare payments and looking after the kid then they should also be given equal responsability in the decisson to have the child.
<sarcasm>i mean 9 months of discomfort is definetely more important than the 70 or 80 years that the human could potentially live.</sarcasm>
omg serius is like the smartest person here!! I agree completely with his aforementioned statements.

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
I'm quite sure he was disgusted at the fact you found your "bitch" killing your baby wrong, yet you feel it's fine to kill them back.

Plus, to kill anyone - whether it is your dad or Osama - is freaking wrong. The issue of abortion lies in whether or not unborn children are considered people. I believe they are; many do not.

spell check

HSC
Serius said:
Wow generator you usually come accross as an informed member of the community yet all you can do is hurl insults at me? i would be happy for you to point out where your opinion differs with mine and try and deal with our differences.

i assume you find it disgraceful that i would kill someone over a "mere unborn child"?

well to help you understand my point of view... i would kill someone who threatened my family. If someone killed a member of my family i would hunt them down and make them pay. Family means alot to me and i would consider my unborn child [ lol Tupac song] worth defending and if killed, worth seeking retribution for
do you consider every individual sperm worth killing for?

anyway why are you so angsty about an unborn child being killed when millions of children die every year from preventable disease? i don't see every anti-abortion campaigner going out trying to keep those children alive?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
musik_junky said:
omg serius is like the smartest person here!! I agree with him completely.
Yeah i bet you do...especially with killing the mother. Charming.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Serius said:

I have already made note of my position, and to tell the truth it was the language that you used which lead me to create that post. Others may also consider the issue as being a simpe case of black or white, but at least they haven't claimed that they are in some way rational yet followed such a statement with the most disgusting logic and manner of expression that I have seen on this forum for some time.

nwatts

HSC
spell check: Most Christians donate (or should donate) to mission work being done around the globe, most of which is done in third world areas. And considering it's primarily Christian cricles who campaign against abortion, I'd say your point is worthless. (In the nicest possible way. ;))

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah perhaps thats a bit irrational to say. The thing is i could understand a man from frustration resorting to killing her. With the current legal system not seeing an abortion as murder a father woulldnt have many other options of punishment for the mother.

I would be much happier if the courts recognised it as murder and gave her a length of prison time one would expect for the murder of a newborn baby. Any sort of punishment would fullfill the need for retribution :)

spell check

HSC
Serius said:

this doesn't make sense

you claim to be against the idea of killing an unborn child, yet you seem happy to kill other people

the only explanation here is that you are primarily selfish and are not offended by the concept of abortion, rather the idea that you yourself would be losing the benefit of having a child

musik_junky

HSC
erawamai said:
Yeah i bet you do...especially with killing the mother. Charming.
i knew someone would take me out of context so ive edited my last post.

spell check

HSC
nwatts said:
Most Christians donate (or should donate) to mission work being done around the globe, most of which is done in third world areas. And considering it's primarily Christian cricles who campaign against abortion, I'd say your point is worthless. (In the nicest possible way. ;))
christians only campaign against abortion because of antiquated ideas of female inferiority

if they cared so much about human life why would they be anti-homosexuals?

spell check

HSC
nwatts said:
spell check: Most Christians donate (or should donate) to mission work being done around the globe, most of which is done in third world areas. And considering it's primarily Christian cricles who campaign against abortion, I'd say your point is worthless. (In the nicest possible way. ;))
unless you can prove that is it not worth saying

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
spell check said:
do you consider every individual sperm worth killing for?

anyway why are you so angsty about an unborn child being killed when millions of children die every year from preventable disease? i don't see every anti-abortion campaigner going out trying to keep those children alive?
haha many problems with the above question. I assume u realise that even if every load was deposited in a healthy fertile female, only a third of the time would even 1 sperm make it to the egg and fertilise it. So 2 thirds of the time millions of sperm dies and non make it... every other time millions of sperm die and one makes it.

Not to mention that the Sperm doesnt even have a full set of chromosomes, so it can hardly be considered alive. Besides that i am not too sure where it goes from being a mere fertilised egg and into a human life... but i beleive its well before most abortions go ahead.
I think you forget you arent debating with someone whose ideals are based in religion but are instead from what i find to be morally right.

The child dieing doesnt bother me as much as the fact that it is easily preventable. If you can find a way for me to have millions of dollars and a cheap and easy way to save all those lives them iam up for it... if not, until then i will fight the battles i have a chance of winning.

Money is a means to an end. When i make enough money i can help more people... pretty simple really. Me and my uncle sponsored a child from word vison for quite a while so i guess i do care in a way but i tend to have more more feelings towards an unborn child of my own flesh and blood.

gerhard

HSC
congratulations - you've just rendered any possible argument you had invalid by your ridiculous last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)