ACCT1501 - Exam (1 Viewer)

halapenyo

HSC
all the talk about WAM is overwhelming. im not smart enough to get a 80+ WAM. jobs will be harder to find but im not going to kill myself over it.

maheenreza

HSC
Uni Grad
if you did 4unit maths iirc learning Maths1A in 5 days is doable, so I don't reckon you'll fail
but 1151 is really different to 4 unit. but i see what you mean, shouldnt take too long to learn. reza mate obviously you arent going to be getting flash marks for this subjects due to your situation. just study everything in the course, even if in not great detail and get the mark you need to pass. you dont want to sit this whole course again it might be a pain especially since you will have 5 subjects to do next sem if that happens.
You dont need friends to be able to check the course outline... I think thats pretty stupid of you not to check what assessments you would be doing in math1151

I meant you sounded like a drama queen when you were worried about getting lower than an 80 wam in another thread
Yea I went through the content today seemed doable.Im planning on finishing the two books in 2 days.hahaha,jokes,just gonna do a few to practice and the hard ones.And then past papers.
And yes hopefully Ill pass.
@bladeys-I know.I dint do that for Econ too.Did a similar mess-up there as well.5 percent missed and then the finals where I did both the optional ones and dint finish half of the compulsory one. :/
I need to start reading instructions out more carefully.

And in any case,if any of you have 1151 and have COPIED what Tranh does can you let me know,I missed a few lectures and would be grateful to get a hold of those.Cheers.

HSC
Uni Grad
all the talk about WAM is overwhelming. im not smart enough to get a 80+ WAM. jobs will be harder to find but im not going to kill myself over it.
But then again you do want to make your life easier. It's probably better if you people try and chase you to work for them, rather than you having to chase others.

That being said, I really have to get my act back up.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Ill shout you guys a meal at maccas if you graduate with a wam of 80+ doing actuarial courses. Maheenreza is unfairly putting himself under pressure. Take it easy bro and relax

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
There are diminishing marginal returns to study. There is no point putting all your effort into accounting and economics, and then doing absolutely nothing for maths and getting a nice fail on your transcript for all eternity.
There are diminishing marginal returns to eating as well you know. Apart from the initial utility, your body will eventually develop obesity as your quantity of food intake increases over time.

And that's not to mention the patent risk of heart disease.

maheenreza

HSC
Uni Grad
Ill shout you guys a meal at maccas if you graduate with a wam of 80+ doing actuarial courses. Maheenreza is unfairly putting himself under pressure. Take it easy bro and relax
I am under pressure because I have no clue as to how others do.I thought everyone was going to get HDs and I was gonna be left with a shitty WAM.But if 75up WAM is good for first sem and you can HOLD on to it,then honestly,I would be happy with it.
And bladeys,I wanna be in the top tier of students that graduate thats all.Doesnt feel good when you feel your grades are poor cuz of you and not genetics.

Anyone who has done ACCT1501,how did you analyze in the 8 marks?
wrote the difference of all the ratios and quoted whether this mean improvement/decline in profitability and the other 4 things?
Or you explained something else about what could have caused these ratios?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My academics were definitely not in the upper echelons at uni but I still turned out ok lol. I got in the sixties for both acct 1a and 1b!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
My academics were definitely not in the upper echelons at uni but I still turned out ok lol. I got in the sixties for both acct 1a and 1b!

that said didn't you have a internship from the get go?

zhiying

HSC
ATAR 99.75 , and you are finding ACCT1501 hard?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
when did I say that? I said I don't like the textbook, that doesn't = course is hard

In fact acct1501 is incredibly easy compared to my other subjects

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The point I was trying to make is that back then I had NFI what I was doing in 1A/1B and really struggled with a lot of the concepts... but through practice (as in, working in practice) and applying the standards/theory, I think I became quite good at accounting.

Besides if you're serious about accounting, then it's your results in CA which have more prestige (and monetary benefits).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a grading system in the CA?
Not exactly. You get a mark and a decile ranking eg top 10%, 20%, etc. The top 5% get special mention as passed with merit is on their certificate and transcript and they get a ceremony. Your employer will also be told how you ranked in the respective firm and if applicable you will also know if you came 1st in a subject worldwide overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Taxes

why u so shit for?

60s for accounting. Massiv e fail

twinshadow

HSC
Can anyone please help me with this one?! :(
V Ltd's records at year end showed that there were 60 units on hand at cost of $50 each. A stock count at year end found there were only 52 units of inventory on hand. V Ltd had sold 100 units of inventory in the last month of the year realising a net price of $45 after selling costs. Which of the following statements is true?

Select one:
a. Sales in the last month of the year $4 500
b. Loss of inventory $660
c. Inventory on hand at year end $2 600
d. Inventory on hand at year end $2 340

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)