Achieve a band six when failing maths? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
He trolling. It's impossible to spend 6 hours a DAY studying after school, let alone 6 hours for math.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
Your HSC result is 50% external and 50% internal. Band 6 is 90. We can see this relationship very simply via an example.

If your moderated school assessment mark is less than 80 then it is impossible for you to get a Band 6. If you are FAILING maths in school then it is nigh impossible for you to even get a moderated school assessment mark of 80.

PLUS, even if your school assessment mark is 80 - you still have to get 100, i.e. state rank status, to even get Band 6.

The calculation is very simple: 80 + 100 / 2 = 90 --> Band 6.

So I don't even see the point of this thread, to be honest.
this is all wrong. you have to get 99 externally to get a band six. ;)

khfreakau

HSC
This is all true, but remember, 90% isn't necessarily the cut off for a band 6.
LOL yes it is... not raw, but the moderated mark, yes.

And OP: a past paper a day keeps the bad marks away.

mafgeni

Banned
HSC
N/A
but im doing 4-6hrs of efficient maths a day which is hell of alot prep for HSC..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.....

you are doing 4-6hrs a day of maths? You got 40% on your 2unit maths trials and you were doing 4-6hrs a day on maths?

Get a tutor dumbo, you are obviously studying the wrong way and learning the WRONG way. Probably learning the wrong things too like Brightside, wouldn't surprise me if you were wasting time on 3unit material. See, this is where have a tutor benifits you. You are so shit and can't manage your own study or anything, so you NEED someone to keep you on track, by yourself you aren't focused and you just fail.

You do 2unit , there are people doing 4unit that don't even study that much! , how on earth can a 2unit student study atleast 4hrs a day and still get 40%?

See, a tutor would have been helpful for you, tutor knows a lot of tricks that your teacher most likely doesn't. They can also help you UNDERSTAND things , there isn't alot of memorising in maths, but I am guessing you are just trying to remember absolutely EVERYTHING, which is not needed. There is very little that needs to be memorised, and if you got a tutor you would have figured that out a long time ago.

Also, @OP, LOLOLOL would you like some free tutoring now? ohhh......sorry, too late jerk! :D.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
100 isn't possible? Heh, I thought it was.

But of course the marks I'm talking about are aligned exam mark and moderated school mark.

Skriker

HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.....

you are doing 4-6hrs a day of maths? You got 40% on your 2unit maths trials and you were doing 4-6hrs a day on maths?

Get a tutor dumbo, you are obviously studying the wrong way and learning the WRONG way. Probably learning the wrong things too like Brightside, wouldn't surprise me if you were wasting time on 3unit material. See, this is where have a tutor benifits you. You are so shit and can't manage your own study or anything, so you NEED someone to keep you on track, by yourself you aren't focused and you just fail.

You do 2unit , there are people doing 4unit that don't even study that much! , how on earth can a 2unit student study atleast 4hrs a day and still get 40%?

See, a tutor would have been helpful for you, tutor knows a lot of tricks that your teacher most likely doesn't. They can also help you UNDERSTAND things , there isn't alot of memorising in maths, but I am guessing you are just trying to remember absolutely EVERYTHING, which is not needed. There is very little that needs to be memorised, and if you got a tutor you would have figured that out a long time ago.

Also, @OP, LOLOLOL would you like some free tutoring now? ohhh......sorry, too late jerk! :D.
Shut up no one wants to here about your free tutoring, nobody wants to be tutored by you with YOUR ATTITUDE. Does it come to mind why nobody wants to go to you? They don't want to spend time with someone like you. Why on earth would I want free tutoring from you? I bet you don't have any students with the attitude you have.
Does it come to mind that I have back up subjects dumbass?

...Suck my willy.

13abie

HSC
Guys I think most people here have the wrong perspective.
If you study 14 hours a day (inc school obv), and I know people who do, then 4-6 hours is a reasonable amount, especially if your reaching for that 99+
Also, if you are doing terribly in one subject, and well in everything else, it only makes sense that you would spend a disproportionate time on that weak subject?

although, at this stage, if you need 4-6 hours of maths study a day just to cope, then I think you've probably shot yourself in the foot earlier throughout the year, and chances are that the band 6 is out of reach by now.

HSC
Uni Grad
yes. the key idea here is to study consistently throughout the year for maths. Maths is not a crammable subject, you must consistently put effort in it (that's probs why it has very good scaling, since it requires consistency, and that people do not like that)

riots

HSC
N/A
Shut up no one wants to here about your free tutoring, nobody wants to be tutored by you with YOUR ATTITUDE. Does it come to mind why nobody wants to go to you? They don't want to spend time with someone like you. Why on earth would I want free tutoring from you? I bet you don't have any students with the attitude you have.
Does it come to mind that I have back up subjects dumbass?

...Suck my willy.
I bet he'd be willing to do that for free, too.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
AFAIK, you need 90/120 (75%) raw mark to receive band 6 for the externals and a lot depends on how well your internal mark will be. If you are getting 40%, you're currently looking at probably a low band 5 or maybe even a band 4. If you can pull that up to 90% raw or more then you may have a chance.

jamesfirst

HSC
Yes i respect what you're saying and it may seem unwise for me doing this but i started doing this after trials since my marks were so poor.. I use to do about 2-3hrs on maths before trials on maths. But like i said i spend 4-6 hrs on maths which means im not necessarily doing 6hrs always =.=.. probably on school days i do 4 which includes doing a pastpaper and also revising some topics... and weekends i do about 6 since i have so much time available.and im not neglecting other subjects btw, i am balancing it out very well and have been achieving fair good results for them so far
Do you even study for your other subjects ?

taeyang

HSC
wait 4 - 6 hours of maths... a day... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . That's a good amount
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you even study for your other subjects ?
yes I do and i am doing very well in all of them lol :).... except maths heheheheeeee

probably my studying methods are inefficient but anyways =.=.. at this point yes i do spend time on other subjects

about 1hr each on other 4 subjects. (reading notes and etc) its pretty alright..

just maths im not sure what the fk im doing =.= and people on this forum are hating on me cos my methods are bs and im getting terrible marks for maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)